[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do I start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: tarkovsky.jpg (38 KB, 585x420) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky.jpg
38 KB, 585x420
where do I start?
>>
Ivan's Childhood
>>
I started this week with Stalker. Beautiful film, a truly masterful work of art, although pretty hard to get, and quite open to interpretation. I liked it even more after reading some texts about it. Looking foward to watch more of his stuff.
>>
File: 012-ingmar-bergman-theredlist.jpg (449 KB, 2807x2129) Image search: [Google]
012-ingmar-bergman-theredlist.jpg
449 KB, 2807x2129
Drop him and start from pic related
>>
>>72000225
This
H
I
S

Tarkovsky is a good, maybe great, visual artist, but Bergman is a God of human emotion.
>>
>>72000225
Actually this so much. Bergman was a huge influence on Tarkovsky. And he's far more consistent.
>>
>>71997143
more like where do you fart lol
>>
>>72000225
interesting, where do I start with him?
already seen the seventh seal, although I know that's entry level
>>
>>72000507
Don't worry about "entry level". It's a meaningless put down used around here to discredit well renowned films, has no bearing at all on the real world.

I was really impressed with Summer with Monika, and Cries and Whispers destroyed me.
>>
>>72000507
Wild Strawberries.
>>
>>72000316
Bergman himself admitted Tark was better you pleebo.
>>
>>72000225
wanna be talented"art" film hack. fuck off
>>
>>72000618
>ranking artists
t.turbopleb
>>
>>72000507
>>72000572
Cries and Whispers is superb
Also try Winter Light, Scenes from a marriage, Autumn Sonata

All the above have minimal modernistic (?) elements and are fairly straightforward stories.
>>72000657
>>72000618
Kek muh no story "art" feelios
>>
>>72000756

"art" is just an excuse to make awful shit
>>
>>72000756
Winter light was great, so is The Silence, which stars the strange looking boy from Persona.
Fanny and Alexander should get a mention as well.

I couldn't get into Scenes from a Marraige, but I think it was due to the unrelenting closeups. I like my cinema to be more visually expressive and the harshness of the documentary style was too much of a departure from Bergman's usual style that I gave up half way. Will try it again since Erland Josephson and Bibi Anderson are both amazing.
>>
>>72000572
>>72000756
Cries and Whispers sounds superb, thanx
>>
>>72000721
Bergman's the one who ranked it, not me.
>>
>>72000954
Bergman is a pleb
>>
>>72000954
One man expressing admiration for another doesn't mean that 50yrs later the other is the better artist you twat.
>>
>>72000993
Whatever helps you sleep at night. :)
>>
>>72000983
everybody but Spielberg is a pleb.
>>
>>72000225
Ingrid is the better Bergman.
>>
the mirror is better than anything bergman ever did. stalker might be too actually, but arguments can be made for wild strawberries and winter light.

yea, im ranking art. come at me
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.