[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"THE DARK TOWER" PLOT DETAILS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: The Dark Tower.jpg (535 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Tower.jpg
535 KB, 612x816
From Entertainment Weekly.

>THE DARK TOWER is a continuation to the original story, with Roland Deschain (Idris Elba) once again reborn and embarking on a quest for the fabled Dark Tower, now in possession of the Horn of Eld.

>Both Roland and his nemesis, The Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey) begin searching for Jake Chambers (Tom Taylor), a young boy with psychic abilities known as "The Shine". The Man in Black believes that Jake's powers can be used to break the bonds of reality protecting the Dark Tower from his master, the Crimson King, and Roland sets out to stop him.

>Susannah Dean and Eddie Dean won't be featured in the first movie, but will be introduced in a potential sequel.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/new-story-details-and-images-for-the-dark-tower-eddie-and-susannah-a143456
>>
File: 1454524361701.jpg (406 KB, 1224x1052) Image search: [Google]
1454524361701.jpg
406 KB, 1224x1052
>>71992402
looks like shit
>>
File: Roland Deschain.jpg (227 KB, 1080x540) Image search: [Google]
Roland Deschain.jpg
227 KB, 1080x540
Also new images.

1/3.
>>
jake had the touch, not the shine
>>
Sounds good.
>>
>>71992444
It's the same thing you dip. Do you even King?
>>
>Roland gets reborn as a black man

Honestly this is the best way to do it because books 5-7 are pure trash.
>>
>>71992444
Anon...
>>
>>71993089
t. cuckold
>>
File: gfhghdhghghgfghfgf.jpg (916 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
gfhghdhghghgfghfgf.jpg
916 KB, 1200x800
2/3
>>
>>71993147
No, he's right. I love Steven King and TDT, but everything Wolves and after is full retard.
>>
File: fsefsdsfdssdds.jpg (887 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
fsefsdsfdssdds.jpg
887 KB, 1200x800
3/3
>>
Is the "Dark Tower" a metaphor of Elba's penis?
>>
>>71993159

it looks ridiculous, you fucking autists are your shitty fantasy books
>>
>>71993147
Books 5-7 are legitimately some of the worst books I have ever read. I am glad they are not following the books because it turned to shit once King sobered up.
>>
>>71993192
That Jake looks pretty good, desu. Maybe a little old but w/e
>>
>>71993192
Shit, is that Jake? Looks like he has downs.
>>
>>71993208
For only $0.75, you may complete your sentence.
>>
>>71993216
I think it was less because King was sober and more that he had a near death experience and rushed to finish the story before he died for real
>>
>>71993293
All of the above.

Wind through the Keyhole was pretty good tho.
>>
>>71993159
Cool shot.

>>71993216
I'm with this dude, it's like King had a million ideas but couldn't decide which he liked, so he used them all, which left no room to flesh shit out more. Dandelo, the three guys who look like Stephen King, the entire character of Mordred, the pathetic battle with the Crimson King. All this shit could have been cool, if he'd elaborated more on it. My god the Crimson King was such a let down, though. Dude rode a thunderstorm to the Dark Tower, then it turns out he's just Santa who goes EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>71993358
>Santa

Topkeke
>>
>>71993438
m8, he's literally Santa.
>>
>>71993438
>>71993584
King literally describes him as Santa. The line is something like, "If Eddie, Jake or Susannah saw him, they would think he looked like Father Christmas."
>>
that nigger looks too clean and polished to be roland
and too black
>>
>>71993844
Trojan.
>>
>>71993782
Yeah he's not actually fucking Santa Claus.
>>
>>71994119
...yeah. No shit. He's the Crimson King. But he's described as 'looking like Father Christmas.'
>>
>>71994201
>literally Santa Clause
>>
>>71992402
>that vest design
>those fucking clips
so terrible
>>
This is going to suck. Not that the books were really that great or anything.
>>
Idris Elbas was bad casting. The people who defend this casting decision are the same SJWs who defend female Ghostbusters.
>>
Guys what's wrong with the books? It's my gf's favourite series, she's getting me to read them and I'm half way through the wastelands.....
>>
>>71994590
First four books are god tier. But then King almost died irl after being hit by a van. He panicked and thought he might die before he finished the series. So he rushed the last three books and they are... bizarre. Not as bad as people say but just... fucking weird. It goes so meta it comes out its own ass and swallows its ass and then poops its own ass back into its ass.
>>
>>71994807
Is it just because he writes himself in or is it more how the whole series comes together with the whole dimension/time travel thing or whatever it is I'm soon to find out.
>>
>>71992402
>a continuation to the original story
>The Man in Black believes that Jake's powers can be used to break the bonds of reality protecting the Dark Tower from his master

Ugh, so it's not even going to stick to the original narrative? And Jake is some sort of maguffin who Roland is protecting instead of begrudgingly taking on as a ward? They probably won't even do the sacrifice for fear of making Roland seem too morally ambiguous.

And why does McConaughey look like a Gotham character?
>>
>>71994973
The whole thing just explodes. It's super meta and all sorts of even more "nonsense" starts happening.
>>
>>71994973
It's hard to get into without giving specific examples and spoiling it. Just know that the finale is anticlimactic as shit, and practically renders the whole journey pointless.
>>
>>71992402
>THE DARK TOWER is a continuation to the original story

So this is an actual follow up to the last book? Maybe I can headcanon the casting away by imagining that the Tower made him black or something.
>>
>>71992402
I like how you can see the implants at the top of the hairline.
>>
>being an adult
>reading fiction
pick 1
>>
>>71996245
But it's ok to WATCH fiction?
>>
>>71995905
ironic that he used to look like Woody Harrellson
>>
>>71996357
Time is a flat circle
>>
>THE DARK TOWER is a continuation to the original story, with Roland Deschain (Idris Elba) once again reborn and embarking on a quest for the fabled Dark Tower, now in possession of the Horn of Eld.

This is is what really interests me. I hadn't heard this until now.

I thought they were just going to be adaptations of the books.
>>
>>71996406
This. Makes me intrigued, although I'm sad as I thought we would get to see Lud and Blaine the Mono.
>>
>>71996398
he was probably the best cop partner ever simply because you would always have something to say 'guess what my dumbshit partner said today' about when you came home from work
>>
>>71995707

This. That would also make his interactions with Susannah much more interesting.
>>
>>71994263
1. That wasn't me who said literally.

2. What's it like being a literal retard?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.