[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who liked this film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: 67887657876789.jpg (259 KB, 596x400) Image search: [Google]
67887657876789.jpg
259 KB, 596x400
Who liked this film?
>>
File: Trumpu_kun.png (867 KB, 1187x666) Image search: [Google]
Trumpu_kun.png
867 KB, 1187x666
>>71989601
I DID
>>
>>71989776
Why, It was a bit too deep 4 me desu.
>>
>>71989601
loved it. its in my top 3 of the year. Elle really proved herself in my eyes.
>watching the movie
>theater is in midtown Manhattan so it's fairly crowded for a matinee
>nobody walks out for most of it
>not even during the lesbian necrophilia scene or any of the abstract scenes
>get to the end where Abbi eats the eyeball that Gigi vomited up
>this old man gets up and says "I've seen enough", walking out muttering "stupid, stupid" to himself.
>>
Spring breakers liked this film.

>It's SO shocking!!!
>>
>>71989843
Kek
>>
>>71990068
>using the phrase "spring breakers" unironically
Hahaha
>>
Is "The Neon Demon" a literal title?

Was Jesse always a vain little shit and the doey-eyed innocent little waif persona just an act? They hint at it a little bit after her first photoshoot with the guy from Dexter ("I'm not as helpless as I look") but she does a real 180 after the neon triangle sequence.

Photographer guy has the same reaction to Sarah after they eat her as he did to Jesse the first time he saw her. Was Jesse possessed by some kind of force that was transferred over?
>>
File: iLove-554158[1].jpg (515 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
iLove-554158[1].jpg
515 KB, 1012x1500
>>71990255
So savy! Tell me more about my sense of "irony"...
>>
File: IMG_20160711_161033.jpg (98 KB, 980x1166) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_161033.jpg
98 KB, 980x1166
>>71989837
i thought it was a nicely paced thriller that fully took advantage of the film format. a lot of ppl didnt like the third act but it felt nice bc it gave u the sense that jesse and the act of cannibalizing out of jealousy was not special or completely out of the norm. plus i think nwr is an excellent stop gap now that lynch has been out of the game.
>>
>>71990261
He did not react the same to the other girl who also ate Jesse.
>>
>>71990351
>he misspelled "savvy" unironically
You're making me laugh so hard it hurts.
>>
>>71990261
the demon is what jesse becomes after falling in love w herself. narcissism is evil and sex is violence in the film
>>
File: 1*jUNDeTEvI8L-iWHG0NnPrA.jpg (241 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1*jUNDeTEvI8L-iWHG0NnPrA.jpg
241 KB, 2000x1125
>>71989601
It was very very pretty, and had a fantastic, uncomfortable atmosphere, but it shit the bed hard with the ending.

All it needed to be was something like cuts to a while later, she's an older, fake bitch, and a new hot young thing comes to town, completing the cycle

But nooo, Refn decided to go for the Sunshine approach
>>
>>71989601
It was great
Unsure of the last act, but the final scene was perfect so it balances out
MOTY so far for me
>>
>>71990420
>All it needed to be was something like cuts to a while later, she's an older, fake bitch, and a new hot young thing comes to town, completing the cycle
Holy FUCK that is one of the most banal, disappointing, standardized ideas I've ever read. Stay the hell away from writing because it's not your strong suit. Try laying bricks.
>>
>>71990364
>it gave u the sense that jesse and the act of cannibalizing out of jealousy was not special or completely out of the norm.

I didn't really get that feeling.
>>
File: neon-demon-delicious.jpg (163 KB, 650x801) Image search: [Google]
neon-demon-delicious.jpg
163 KB, 650x801
The camera loved Jena Malone.

Why?
>>
>>71990420
i mean nwr equates violence to eroticism a la jodorowsky(sp) so it would make sense to have the antagonist not be able to contain the beauty and react in a violent way
>>
>>71990468
she's appeared in 2 kino this year alone
that's why
>>
>>71990380
>tries to get personal
>points out mistyping

I really don't know where to go from this.
Come back when you need another laugh. I'm a master at horrible typing and I can certainly accomodate your easy sense of humor (?).
>>
>>71990454
the last act sort of has this banal feeling to it or maybe nwr was just going for lifeless but it gave me the feeling of almost being in paradise but with a girl throwing up and cutting herself open. or a veneer of what is considered beautiful. idk i need to watch it again because its a really intriguing movie in terms of visual storytelling and composition
>>
>>71990584
>he actually felt compelled to type all of that shit
>submits himself willingly to keep making a fool of himself
Hahaha
>>
>>71990584
>>71990627

Shut up, adults are talking.
>>
>>71989837
its not really too deep. its just taking beauty jealousy and narcissism and personifying them/making them tangible and visual
>>
>>71990468
It just does.

Also do you think Jena felt nervous filming the attempt rape scene with Elle or was she pro at it with her experience from Bastard out of Caroline?
>>
>>71990627
>all of that

Spring Breakers, please...

Other than that, I'm quite entertained by your notion that
>Hahaha
Is a "embarassing" reply. Do you often feel humiliated by people laughing?
>>
>>71990871
>Is a "embarassing" reply.
Hahaha is English your 3rd language?
>>
>>71990871
>A embarrassing reply

how about you an hero my friend.
>>
>>71990952
That sentence doesn't even make sense fag.
>>
>>71990942
Yes, it is. After French and Portuguese.

Certainly you care more about my English grammar than I ever will.

Why, is English your only language?
>>
>>71991055
I love how you try to act superior when you know deep down in your heart that those other two languages are totally irrelevant.

Irrefutable proof: What language are we speaking now?
>>
>Jessie is supposed to represent the ideal beauty
>Doesn't cast Anzujaamu

You had one job, Refn
>>
>>71991151
>you try to act superior
That's just your perception.

>are totally irrelevant.
And then more of you being opinionated about languagues you can't speak...

I'm not left for long impressed by your inability to answer simple questions, hm?

We are talking in English. About nothing.
>>
>>71991395

>We are talking in English. About nothing.

You can start bettering yourself and actually talk about something in English by contributing to the topic at hand.
>>
File: Girl-Model-Movie-Pic-Two.jpg (186 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Girl-Model-Movie-Pic-Two.jpg
186 KB, 1200x1600
i liked it
the scene with all the girls in their bras and panties reminded me of Girl Model
another good film fyi
>>
>>71991472
I am. You obviously want to talk about me.

I'm simply answering questions.
>>
>>71991395
>That's just your perception.
My perception is that you are pure unadulterated Euro-trash, unironically using phrases like "spring breaker".

Hey I'm right. Guess my perception is reality, huh?
>>
>>71991233
post his cock or fuck off
>>
>>71991513
Im not the one you have been talking to.
We need ID's
>>
>>71991540
I'm not European.

Ain't you the one that likes
>Irrefutable proof
?

I guess that proves you wrong.

But seriously... See you in the next Ghostbusters thread. This got beyond boring, sorry.
>>
>>71991619
>See you in the next Ghostbusters thread.
Never posted in one of those in my life :) If you're going in those threads, then you're the one who needs to get lost.
>>
Ruby used to be a model right before she was forced to do makeup to stay in the industry?
Also was the house she's "sitting" belong to the old woman in the morgue that she treats near the start?
>>
>took my girl to go see it
>She threw up after the film because of the belly cut eyeball bit
>same night she gave me a bj and i was to drunk to remember she had thrown up an hour earlier.

Anyways, towards the end when the body is buried, are the other rose bushes meant to represent other bodies?
>>
>>71991745
I was wondering the same.
>>
>>71990261
The neon demon is the city/industry. And the guy from Dexter certainly did not react to anyone the same way as he did with Elle.
>>
>>71989601
is this another pseudo-intellectual shit aimed at hipsters?
>>
>>71992328
Very well might be.
>>
>>71991824

probably, doesn't really matter
>>
>>71992364
Just by looking at the poster it just seems so pretentious and superficial already.
Not that I dislike "deep" films but it's just not the case.
>>
>>71992962
>Just by looking at the poster

you're a dumb cunt
>>
>>71990453
This has to be one of my least favourite avenues of criticism people give. 'oh it should have done this' then comes out with some really contrived boring shit that would have been terrible.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.