[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Warcraft isn't getting a sequel Sadness.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: AnimeSuicide.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
AnimeSuicide.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>Warcraft isn't getting a sequel
Sadness.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
All because faggots called it a horrible movie. Same faggos that claim that new Ghostbusters are 10/10. So now no Lich King for you.
>>
>>71979351
The movie was pretty bad but I blame that mainly on them setting up everything.
A sequel would be good even if The Beginning was pretty bad.

Durotan should have been the only main character

The Orcs should have won

I've never played a single Warcraft game
>>
>>71979351

Maybe they should've hired better fucking writers.

That said, the rating is way too low considering Ghostbusters gets 74.
>>
>>71980002
>Durotan was Best Orc
>The younger mage was played really well and would have been unambiguously charismatic with more attention
>Garona's story was tragic as fuck
But they insisted on focusing in Medivh and that knight.
>>
>>71979594
What if I say they both look like garbage so I wont even bother wasting time or money on either of them?
>>
File: 1468001746218.png (282 KB, 518x700) Image search: [Google]
1468001746218.png
282 KB, 518x700
>>71979594
They can't do lichking because of chink spooky skellington laws
>>
>>71979351
Really? Didn't it do great numbers in China?
>>
they should've just jumped straight to wc3 story, the first two games are just your standard dull fantasy setting (with wc2 being the more interesting one) while wc3 has more interesting and vivid world with stronger characters
>>
>>71980545
it did these people are just delusional to the fact that it will get sequels
>>
>>71980545
>>71980960

>when shills face reality

MAJOR KEK
>>
>>71979351
>Ghostbusters will
Despair.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/11/ghostbusters-franchise-endless-producer-amy-pascal
>>
>>71979351

Not so fast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-analysis-warcraft-avoids-910268

>"Warcraft is a strange box-office beast and unlike anything the industry has seen," says analyst Jeff Bock. "If China didn't end up grossing what it did, this would have been an utter failure. Now it's only a mild concussion. In fact, sequels have been okayed with less — just look at Legendary’s Pacific Rim."

>Those close to the $160 million-budgeted video game adaptation say the loss only will be about $15 million. But any deficit stings, because Warcraft is the first movie Thomas Tull's Legendary has released since the company was bought early this year by China's Dalian Wanda Group for a reported $3.5 billion. However, the losses could have been far worse.

>Other veteran film execs put the red ink in the $30 million-$40 million range, though the higher figures don't account for an unusual deal for digital rights in China valued at $24 million, along with a flush merchandising pact there equaling $20 million, according to insiders.

>Universal, which released Warcraft in the U.S. and every foreign market save for China, should come out OK since it is entitled to a 10 percent distribution fee off the top.

>There are a number of co-financing partners on the film, minimizing the risk for any one party. Legendary put up 45 percent of the budget, followed by Universal with 25 percent. Three Chinese ventures put up the rest of the money — internet giant Tencent (15 percent), China Film Group (10 percent) and Huayi (5 percent) — while China’s Taihe has a nominal stake.

>Warcraft might have done mega business in its home country, but the Chinese investors made deals for worldwide profits, not for just China, meaning they are subsidizing the entire globe. (If there are any hard feelings, no one’s speaking up.)
>>
>>71981032

>this stupid shill doesn't realize that if a sequel is somehow made it will have a lower budget, different director and different actors which means it will be a lower quality crap (even shittier than the first film) and will be the final nail on the coffin

See Pacific Rim for future reference.
>>
>>71981145

You didn't read the article so I'll forgive you
>>
>>71981182

You know shit about the movie industry so fuck off shill.
>>
>>71981001
>Shilling
I was just asking a question though. I haven't even seen the movie...
>>
>>71979351
says who dipshit
>>
>>71981032
I read the article, but why would they make a sequel if it ends up losing money? Even the named source says he doubts a sequel is happening. The more "bullish" unnamed source says that there are tentative plans but that the budget would have to be cut. I don't know man, this article doesn't really paint an optimistic picture.
>>
>>71981860

>trying to understand shill logic

weeeeeewww lad
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.