[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what motivates someone to keep working after making this much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (318 KB, 890x691) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
318 KB, 890x691
what motivates someone to keep working after making this much
>>
Caring
>>
This is why OP will never be wealthy
>>
Because not working is boring. Wtf do you guys around here even do that the idea of not doing shit all day sounds so appealing?
>>
You get addicted to the high-life.
>>
>>71974584
Not being a lazy shit
>>
Imagine having that much money and knowing that you don't NEED to be working by you work anyway. You'd feel like a God amongst peasents
>>
>>71974618
Being an actor is a hard job, you work around 15 hours a day, 6 days a week.

If I was that rich, I would find an easier job.
>>
>>71974584
why stop doing something you're good at, especially when the whole world gets to see it?
>>
>>71974584
Earning another few millions on a job you like is probably very enjoyable.

Better than sitting on your ass for months doing nothing
>>
>>71974584
>implying acting at his level isn't an all-inclusive vacation
>>
5 Million LA House
5 Million NYC Condo
10 Million Barbados Beach House

Have to pay taxes and utilites annually
Have 3 - 5 cars that you have to pay taxes on
Have a drug and party fueled lifestyle

30 Million isn't much
>>
>>71974659
Most of them dont act all year though
>>
Fame. Vast majority of actors are smug assholes that crave validation from attention. If you take a lot of time off as an actor most of the time the public and media have moved on to someone else.
>>
how much do you need to realistically retire?
>>
>>71974856
Depends on how you plan to live, you dont need that many millions to live a simple life without much luxury
>>
>>71974618
This. You ever met a rich kid who's so desperate for structure and purpose they take some pissy shitty part time job?
That's why housewives join bookclubs and stuff once the kids become independent.

And...
>>71974672
>>
>>71974659
Yeah, you work like that for a few months, at the most. Then you make a shitload of bank.

Plus, he probably loves his work
>>
>>71974584
The prospect of making more, obviously.
>>
It's not like he goes to the bank and sees $30,000,000.00 in an account all ready to be spent.

Net worth is comprised of alot more than cash on hand.

Also atheletes make a ton more and srill go broke anyways, so yeah. He's gotta keep working, especially if he is trying to sustain a certain quality of life.
>>
Are actors being paid fuck all compared to 10 years ago? I'm sure there used to be tonnes of actors who would get $10 million plus just for turning up
>>
>>71974584
We'll never know because we'll never reach that level of wealth, even the anons who post itt combined.
>>
>>71975048
yes 20 million a picture guys are getting rarer. weird to think that brad pitt was making fassbenders net worth for 1 movie 15 years ago
>>
>>71975014
that's because jocks are fucking dumb, they don't deserve the money and they can't manage their finances. once their careers are over they become literal nobodys and blow their brains out
>>
Imagine how shit it feels to have to pay literally millions in tax.
>>
>>71974618
I can shitpost everyday
>>
>>71974584
Because rich persons love work.
Why do you think they are rich?
>>
>>71975074
Easy there NEETo
>>71975014
Well this is if they're smart.
I think what alot of the people ITT don't understand is when you're not born into wealth it's easy to lose it because you don't understand the tax-code. Don't have a sense for a good investment.

Worst still is the numbers are immaterial.
$30 million. Sounds virtually infinite. Even though you know logically that it can be exhausted, a lot of people probably think they can just keep spending and spending.

>>71975131
Luck. Right place at right time. Mentored by someone who wanted the glory of mentoring someone to the top. Connections. Sexual favours.
The list goes on, and they aren't all down to hard work.
>>
>>71974584
because once you stop being a wagecuck slave, there are higher things to strive for than just money
>>
>>71974584
What a weak attitude, he loves his craft and at the end of the day it's very likely that he enjoys making more money.
>>
>>71974584
Enjoys his profession
More money
>>
>>71974766
I think you're right. This is why people like Keanu Reeves stand out for not wanting to be in the spotlight all the time.
>>
>>71974923
Plus half of the time you are on set you aren't actually working, you can probably have a few drinks if you want and the work is pretty easy, tedious at most sometimes when you have to do several takes.
I don't know what easier job he expects a guy like Michael Fassbender to take.
>>
>>71975184
>and they aren't all down to hard work.

But they do.
People don't knock at your door, and ask you if you want to become rich.
You have to work for it.

Rare example of people who get rich over night, doesn't count.
>>
>>71974672
he probably keeps a flat in Ireland and maybe even Germany
>>
>>71975048
Actors used to sell movies a lot better back then. You needed them more. Now brands sell movies. Of course some actors get a cut of the gross to make up for their contract being lower too.
>>
>>71974856
I spend maybe 10k a year so 1m would have me living comfortable for the rest of my life
>>
>>71975048
Actors rarely get percentages now which is where 90s/00s actors made their money
>>
I think he likes acting, or at least enjoys the spectacle of movie making. It would explain why he's in fantastical shit like X-Men and Assassins Creed when he could be in absolutely anything else.
>>
>>71975314
Nah. Otherwise there be better actors in Hollywood films and TV.

That is unless... they are good but the directors are just hacks who can't get a good performance out of them. And it's really an endurance race to know you're part of a terrible finished product and still rock up at 6am for makeup?
>>
>>71975314
Step 1: Look like Michael Fassbender
Step 2: Practice theatre
There are thousands of hardworking actors that are just as good as Hollywood stars, they just don't look good enough or they weren't picked for the big role at that time.
Once you are in a hit, people recognize you and you continue to get roles.
>>
>>71974584
He doesn't evaluate his wealth compared to NEETs and plebs, but to his millionaire peers. Once you get rich, you're on a whole nother level of needs and desires. He simply doesn't feel comfortable anymore earning less than that, just like the avereage person doesn't want to live with $10.000 a year.
>>
>>71975390

its probably a lot of fun making capeshit for actors. They get to ham it up and wear crazy costumes. The results might suck, but if they're getting paid I don't think the actors care.

>>71975508

Big Hemsworth went from a bit part at the beginning of Star Trek reboot to the lead in Thor.

Chris Pratt was a beach bum who married Anna Faris.
>>
>>71974618
Low testosterone count in your bloodstream makes you a boring, slow droll.
>>
>>71974584
>30 million
>rich
lol
>>
Acting's an easy job. I'd shit my pants all day if someone paid me for it, it's nice and simple.
>>
>>71975369
Not with inflation
>>
>>71976086
Nice one Wall Street, you really bamboozled me
>>
>>71975636
Pratt started out by banging a shitty director who ate at the restaurant he worked at. He then had small roles until he was on Parks and Recreation and the women that watch the show loved him so he became a full time cast member.
Hemsworth was the perfect look for Thor.

Again they might be really hard workers but they are still lucky and many other actors work hard and continue to get shit roles.
>>
oscar isaac is the same and age and broke as shit
>>
Because they're bored. Like 90% of all people spend like 60% of their time working to set themselves up when they're old.

If you don't need to do that you just keep working for something to do. Life is boring even for the rich.
>>
>>71974584
They probably love their job. I mean, it's fun as fuck, even without the money.

>>71974612
>>71974618
>>71974637
>>71975131

>falling for the le hardwork makes you rich meme

The only very rich people I know are people who do fuck all most of the time and just got lucky or had the right connections in the right moment (which is still being lucky). Those who preach hard work are usually quite well off financially, but still on the pleb tier. They are also usually overworked and depressed.
>>
Love of acting
Cash poor asset rich
Boredom
>>
>>71974584
not being an average non-contributing pleb
just kys now to save the world the trouble
>>
>>71974659
>Being an actor is a hard job
You know who has an even harder job? Anyone else on set, cause they can't just do a job for a month then fuck off to their mansion, they NEED to work all year.
>>
>>71974672
This.
When you have this much money all you think about is how fast you're spending it between taxes and all the other shit that comes with being rich. Including all the people you pay to take care of your finances.
>>
>>71977366
>cause they can't just do a job for a month then fuck off to their mansion

Most actors aren't a-listers retard, they have to travel and work a lot too
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.