[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gawker says Warcraft will end run with a 15 million dollar loss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
http://archive.is/wfJw4
Is this true?
This is the first time I read about such a prediction
>>
>believing the company with more than a $15m loss
>>
>>71971994

More money then gawker has
>>
>>71971994

I see gawkers become an expert on losses
>>
>>71971994

>(((Gawker)))
>>
>>71971994
I think gawker is running a 100 million dollar loss right now
>>
>those responses

Nice, /tv/. Nice.
>>
>>71971994
Gawker is just someone butthurt Warcraft is doing better than them
>>
>>71972282
I A M A R E A L A M E R I C A N
>>
>>71972508
>that day on 4chan when everyanon was a real american

was a good day
>>
US cinema is dying. Basically everything that isn't Marvel Disney will bomb.
>>
>>71971994
>made over 500M dollars
>they would still make a loss
Seriously, did they spend 500 M$ making this movie? How can they not make any profit after reaching half a billions of dollars
>>
What exactly is Gawker?
>>
True kino like Batman vs Superman and Warcraft is being rejected by the mindless US viewers in favor of quip filled Marvel flicks.
>>
So when are they going out of business
>>
>>71972576
They didn't. The problem is They made not a lot in America, where they get the biggest share from theaters, and they made most of their cash in China, where they get a smaller fraction of the profits (which have also been known to be difficult to pry from their hands as well). There's also marketing to take into account. On paper it grosses $500m, but the studio won't get back the $150m they spent making the movie.
>>
It's a wait for DVD, Torrent gamble of a movie.

If they wanted Iron Man numbers they should have made a WoW movie with lots of races and references.

Personally I think it was a 5/10 at best. Promising for sequels so I'm sad if it doesn't get any.
>>
>>71973889
If you want Ironman numbers you don't make a warcraft movie, period.
Nobody wanted this trash except for a bunch of bottomfeeding Chinese that played this drek in a netcafé at one time.
Glad this trash tanked. No chance for a sequel now.
>>
>>71971994
i can see this doing tremendous in DVD and bluray sales though

its not really worth full weekend ticket price, but its fun and enjoyable to watch
>>
>>71971994
Movies never make a profit. Otherwise they would have to pay all the people with lines in their contract that give them a cut of the net. It gets funneled into a million "contractors" for services rendered and the shell company claims a loss.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.