[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is natural born killers considered kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: NBK5-xlarge.jpg (112 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
NBK5-xlarge.jpg
112 KB, 1280x721
Is natural born killers considered kino?
>>
>>71970376
No its edgy shit
>>
Should be forgotten in the 90s.
>>
>>71970376
Not certified kino, but maybe 3/5 kino it's a oliver stone movie after all so it has to be in a certain percentage kino
>>
>>71970376
When I first watched it, I caught it at the start of the interview. Then, I rented it from my local library and thought the beginning half was kinda boring. I recently bought the director's cut, same as from the library, and the beginning half is actually more interesting than the jail half now.

In answer to your question, it's not Kino, but it's still mediocre.
>>
The Rodney Dangerfield bits are great, and there's some cool trippy animation and cinematography going on.

Ultimately, tho, it doesn't really live up to its own ambitions. Part of the problem seems to bad pacing and general lack of focus. I would say that the corny script may have something to do with it, but it seems intentionally campy
>>
this is my "fuck you , it's brilliant" movie. You can all continue to pretend movies about superheroes are K I N O. Oliver Stone used to be the best director
>>
File: NBK13 - surrender.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
NBK13 - surrender.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>71971029
I love it too anon.
>>
>>71970376

Its only saving grace is a visibly coked-out Robert Downey Jr. doing his best Australian accent.
>>
>>71970376
Only if you are a teenager.
>>
Rewatched this film last year since the first time I saw it about 20 years ago.

For some reason, my memories of how the film ends was completely different from what actually happens. I always remembered that the 2 main characters got killed by the guy they saved near the end. That it turned out that guy was also a "natural born killer" and they can only be killed by their own kind sort of thing.

It seems I have created this alternate ending all in my head and believed it ended that way all these years. I even checked the real alternate ending of the movie and it was nothing like my memories either.

Was pretty fucking weird.
>>
>>71973578
You didn't create it. That was the alternate ending.
>>
>>71973656
Are you talking about the one where they got killed in a car or a van or something. Because that's not it. I remember they got killed in the forest when they were recording themselves on camera.
>>
>>71970676
>>71973502
>taking it seriously
>>
>>71973702
You're dreaming. You've somehow combined the two endings in your head.
>>
great fever-dreamish trash, the prison riot scene is till one of the most nightmarish and paranoid scenes i've ever seen
>>
>>71973744
That's the thing. I've never even seen the alternate ending until last year when I went searching for it on YouTube because I was so suprised the ending turned out so differently from my memories.

Like I said, pretty weird.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.