[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Joseph Gordon-Levitt this is going to be cringe as fuck isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14
File: Snowden2.jpg (156 KB, 640x345) Image search: [Google]
Snowden2.jpg
156 KB, 640x345
>Joseph Gordon-Levitt
this is going to be cringe as fuck isn't it?
>>
I think snowden was paid huge money by the Russians. In every interview he gives off this weird vibe like someone has a gun to his head and us feeding him a script.

I read a crypto.e leak of his tech support emails when he was Hawaii sys admin and it was literally some idiot who couldn't figure out how to save an .rtf file in word.

I'm convinced there is some creepy back story in which snowden sold shit to Russia
>>
File: 1425404430922.jpg (86 KB, 457x680) Image search: [Google]
1425404430922.jpg
86 KB, 457x680
Role of his life. He´s going to prove himself in this one.
>>
>>71969971
nice theories, do you have a blog i can subscribe to for more
>>
>>71969890
Whos directing?
>>
>>71969890
Yeah because the whole story is fake anyway.
>>
File: csm.jpg (194 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
csm.jpg
194 KB, 1280x857
>>71970030
Oliver Stone.
>>
>>71969890
It's going to be a 6.5/10 and no one will give a fuck about it a year after it's release.
>>
Anyone want to bet how many times we get close-ups of snowden hackering the matrix?
>>
>>71970061
Thats right, now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>71970156
>implying that Oliver Stone is a good director
ummmm
>>
>>71969971
Snowden is an agent of the jews.
>>
>>71969890
Probably
>>71969971
He's a CIA agent
>>
>>71970168
Beats the shit you dont put out.
>>
JGL is one of the worst hollywood actors currently alive and should die in a fire tbqh
>>
>>71970197
>w-well i-i don't see you p-putting any m-movies out!
so does that mean we can't criticize uwe boll films now too?
>>
>>71969890
have you seen the trailer, he sounds like someone with autism
>>
>>71970254
Sounds like you would like Boll if you question Stones ability to write and direct.
>>
File: 1461090657095.jpg (37 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
1461090657095.jpg
37 KB, 268x300
>Nicolas Cage
>>
>>71970275

Because he's playing someone with autism.
>>
>>71970211
Agreed. He's a bad actor, look at that simple photo of him, he's trying so fucking hard it's unbarable. "I'm acting, Acting, ACTING!!!!"
>>
>>71970360
he's a fucking hack bub

he had two good movies in the 80s (Platoon and Wall Street)

JFK was shit, W was shit, NBK was edgy shit
>>
DAVEY
DAVEY
DAVEY
>>
>>71970443
Oh yeah and the sequel to Wall Street was a steaming pile of garbage
>>
>>71970443
Scarface, conan, talk radio, born on the 4th, all 80s, all good. NBK "edgy shit".. I get it though, you just dont like him
>>
>>71970211
>>71970432
50/50 was a good movie though
>>
>>71969971
At first I thought Snowden was a hero.

Then I started learning about the people he gave the information to, namely Greenwald. Greenwald is a smart person but instead of critically analyzing a situation he is always on the attack. Attack this and that and using his capacity for fiery rhetoric to push his ideas. And it's completely terrible because he represents everything the regressive left is about.

Snowden had a legitimate issue and he chose the wrong fucking person to share it with the world. Instead of a sensible articulate individual he gave all his treasure to what is essentially a troll.

And then there's Snowden himself. Though he screened the materials, I read some articles written by past and current CIA individuals who said he could have done more to bring up his beef with people within the organization. The truth will never be known but it's somewhat unbelievable that he had no channels to express his concern. Every major organization in the world has a department to express ethical concerns, how is it that the CIA doesn't have one either. But once again, we'll never know if he truly took responsible action before going AWOL.

Something the CIA people were pissed about is how he went to the Chinese and the Russians. Of all the fucking wrong places he could have gone he went to the two worst. He could have gone anywhere but he went to the two groups in the best position to hurt the United States with his information. I mean, how could he, just one man, know what information can or cannot be used against the United States. And while I haven't read fully into the histories, Snowden exhibits a TON of behaviors similar to traitors Ames and Hanssen
>>
>>71971081
>I read some articles written by past and current CIA individuals who said he could have done more to bring up his beef with people within the organization.
kek how naive are you

>guys i really don't think we should be spying on the entire country
>guys can you stop building this $2,000,000,000 data centre in utah used to spy on American citizens?
>Thanks for your concern Edward, we'll look into it.
>>
>>71969971
>do not think about what Snowden says citizen!
>Question him! Doubt him!
>>
>>71971175
Maybe "organization" wasn't broad enough as a word. The point is that he went as far as within the CIA and immediately jumped to a journalist. He didn't go to the military, he didn't go to congress, he didn't go to the White House. Maybe he couldn't. But you have to fucking try.

I said Snowden had a legitimate concern. I'm criticizing how he went about expressing it. He gave it to a fucking asshole to publicize and then he ran to the Chinese and Russians. That is so not ideal at all. Even IF he went to congress or whoever the fact that he ended up giving it to Greenwald and ran to the Russia and China negates anything remotely responsible he did before that.

He met with Greenwald in fucking China. I mean you couldn't do that shit in Sweden where they have equally less bugged hotel rooms? Jesus Christ man.
>>
the trailer didn't look very promising, looked like it was shot on video, the set up looked contrived, and there were really silly scenes of a giant face on some video wall
>>
The problem with the Snowden case as evident by the fact that this movie even exists is the focus on him as a person rather than the case. We don't need a face of the anti-surveillence movement. The leaks speak for themselves, and it's not something anyone actually wants.

If the mainstream media spent half the time focusing on the content of the leaks rather than the whistleblower, we would already have a radicalized anti-surveillance movement. But it's not something people are actually interested in. All people really know is that the NSA is watching us and who the whistleblower was.
>>
>>71971223
>unironically not knowing that he's a controlled opposition disinfo shill
He'd have been extradited Mossad-style ages ago if he wasn't.

And I mean they're making FUCKING HOLLYWOOD MOVIES about him you cuck.
>>
>>71969971
He's a KGB agent. Read @20committee on Twitter for his Snowden takes.
>>
>>71971445
This frankly. Isn't it wierd Citizen Four got an Oscar?
>>
Snowden should be executed for being such a fag desu
>>
>>71971438

Keep in mind the mainstream media literally gets calls from the whitehouse telling them what to say.
>>
>>71971490
Literally just kike agitprop
>>
>>71971594
>/pol/tard talking about agitprop
it's ironic because you fags consider it your mission to be a political agitator on every other board besides /pol/

>>>/pol/

containment board now pls
>>
>>71971662
I don't associate with those subnormal cretins.

>/pol/ are literally worse than niggers
t. Nick Land
>>
>>71971662
>I have never visited /pol/
back to lebbit
>>
>>71971438
I don't think the people know who the whistleblower is. All they know is that, "the government is spying on us". I think this movie will be the thing that turns this guy into a household name. Not that actual media coverage of the leak years ago. And that's just sad.

I agree with what you're saying. It's not surprising he didn't go to the mainstream media with this given their course of action after he leaked it being reason enough to not trust them with anything more than covering natural disasters or celebrity life.

Like, look at this end result. Nobody knows anything, nothing changed, and worst of all people are slightly more distrustful of the government for no goddamn benefit.

>>71971445
I don't agree with what you said.

But even if it were true, there is no way that Americans could or would put boots on the ground in China or Russia to forcibly extradite him. This isn't some bitch country like Argentina with no military to speak of nor is it the 1960s. The British spent like $15 million to watch Assange for three years. The Chinese and Russians obviously are spending way more fucking money than that to watch him.

The moment something goes wrong in Russia no American personnel will leave the ground alive without the FSB's say so.
>>
>>71971081
You are fucking stupid. First he disclosed the information publicly watch his interview with the "that year guy", not to some special snowflakes.

Second, he could have only went to China or Russia, because everywhere else he would be extradited to the USA or just plain killed by the CIA on legal terms of high treason.

He's a good man for the world in general but a traitor for us, since he fucked us in the ass and given our secrets to our competitors.
>>
>>71969890
As you get older team america becomes more and more relevant.
>>
>>71970211
someone get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>71971081
lel
>>
>>71971327
You fucking retard. When a journalist tried to open the can of worms that was the CIA facilitating the drug cartels in Mexico back in the 80s, he got assassinated. What do you think a CIA agent would actually do in a situation like that?
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 598x837) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 598x837
>>71971327

>Maybe "organization" wasn't broad enough as a word. The point is that he went as far as within the CIA and immediately jumped to a journalist. He didn't go to the military, he didn't go to congress, he didn't go to the White House. Maybe he couldn't. But you have to fucking try.

They would've had him killed before he even got out of the building.

Are right wingers honestly this retarded? Yes.
>>
>>71970630
>scarface, conan

kys faggot
>>
>>71970178
>leak info about ZOG
>agent of the jews

pick one
>>
>>71969890
>Nicolas fucking Cage
>>
>>71971438
There are some plenty creepy things from the leaks-- like the agents who used XKeyscore to stalk their significant others/exes. NSA labelled that "LOVEINT".

You could do a good thriller where the villain is a jilted spook chasing the pretty protagonist
>>
>>71969890
JGL has aspergers where he can't tell that his acting is shitty and the same in every movie, even though he thinks he's being different in every role.

He's weird enough that he has no idea how to connect with people, and just normal enough to never change.
>>
>>71973621
Why would I kiss a faggot?
>>
>>71969971
>In every interview he gives off this weird vibe like someone has a gun to his head and us feeding him a script.

Gee maybe that's because he leaked information that the US is spying on its citizens and is afraid he could be assassinated at any moment by a patsy whose child is locked in a basement and being beaten. Maybe he has reason to be a tad vibey, you fucking nut.
>>
File: 1450601943483.jpg (22 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
1450601943483.jpg
22 KB, 480x335
>watching anything from Venezuela supporting piece of shit Oliver Stone

Why is he such a fucking hypocrite?

>bawww authoritarianism and government surveillance is 1984 and bad
>except when they do it in communist countries
>>
>>71974154
>implying zog isn't playing all sides
top kek, I bet you think Trump matters too
>>
>>71969890
Levitt is that kid in school who seems like a really cool guy at first and you hang out with him for the first few weeks of the year and slowly realize he's a loser and nobody likes him. And then you keep getting more popular and making friends but he still only has his two friends from last year. That's what Joseph Gorden Levitt is like I bet.
>>
>>71969890
He is so fucking handsome
>>
File: 1468381430746.jpg (206 KB, 658x562) Image search: [Google]
1468381430746.jpg
206 KB, 658x562
Snowden works for China intelligence and CIA
t.FSB
>>
>>71971327
Sweden had a plane ready for the CIA to grab him and bring him back to America for "trial". If he had gone anywhere but Russia, he would at best be in a black site right now.
>>
File: 1468493844897.jpg (3 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1468493844897.jpg
3 MB, 2048x2048
>>
>>71974609
>t.FSB
u wot m8
>>
>>71974692
is it true that sweden is cia's forward base in europe?
>>
>>71971081
As someone who works in intel, we have extensive and powerful watchdog organizations built directly into our structure that will get reports on the desk of the pentagon in a week. They take the shit seriously ever since the CIA fucked up back in the 50's/60's. They will also fucking destroy you for ths slightest fuck up on legality, i knew a dude who had his clearance yanked for leaving a file out on his desk overnight. Snowden would have been well aware of this, and have been perfectly capable of going to the correcf channels. Instead he wanted to pad his own ego, potentially cause deaths of agents in the field, and created irreparable damage to legitimate intel programs. And of all the places to go he chose fucking russia, a true bastion of civil liberties, just more demonstrating he's a self serving cunt.
Also i hate his fucking face.
>>
>>71974764

Itchy itchy no want itchy
>>
>>71975433
>Also i hate his fucking face.
What's wrong with his face?
>>
>>71974764
fwip
>>
File: Snowden.jpg (20 KB, 239x248) Image search: [Google]
Snowden.jpg
20 KB, 239x248
>>71969890
>>71969971
He basically gift-wrapped the US intelligence apparatus and served it on a silver platter to Moscow and Beijing.

It's one thing to whistleblow information to the free world, it's another thing entirely to blow Western intelligence community secrets to the ones who most want to see Western civilization fall.

He essentially helped compromise America's already fragile position as a lead global hegemonic superpower.

That might sound cool from a "power of one, fuck The Man" standpoint, but the fact is that whatever shady shit the US government is doing, I guarantee you the Russian and Chinese governments are doing far worse.

And golden boy here just gave them the playbook with which to stay several steps ahead of us in cyber warfare for years to come at a time when digital defense is becoming paramount to national security.

I promise you whatever misgivings you might have about the US government, our wellbeing is about the last thing on the minds of the Russians and Chinese.
>>
>>71969890
Who is the guy beside JGL?
>>
>>71976054
>whatever shady shit the US government is doing, I guarantee you the Russian and Chinese governments are doing far worse.

The difference, of course, is china and russia do not act as if from a position of moral superiority.

cyber security is fucking retarded though. Just unplug the computer lol.
>>
>>71976054
It's also the last thing on the mind of the US Government, so no harm done.
>>
>>71976054
and there are just as many activists working against russian and chinese interests/security.

The media of the west, FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, does not refer to these people as terrorists.
>>
>>71976054
lol
>>
File: draper.jpg (32 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
draper.jpg
32 KB, 413x395
>>71976117
>>71976130
>being so cynical about your flawed but functional representative democracy that you think Russian oligarchy and Chinese authoritarianism are about the same thing

Someday you'll be older than twelve. And when that day comes, you'll realize most of the shit you take for granted like being able to talk shit about your government is a privilege not everyone in the world enjoys.

Amazing you use it to say how much better you think life would be under a government that would literally lock you up/imprison you for it.

Seriously, try living in China where there's no access to Google or Facebook or YouTube. Or Russia where you can literally be shot or poisoned just for criticizing Putin loud enough that people start to notice.
>>
File: joseph-gordon-levitt.png (207 KB, 323x636) Image search: [Google]
joseph-gordon-levitt.png
207 KB, 323x636
>>71969890
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>71976322
Oh shut up, he's one of the good jews. Like Harrison Ford.
>>
>>71969890

the worst thing is that goofy accent
>>
>>71976280
at this point I'd prefer a government that cared enough to kill people for speaking against it than how the US just ignores everyone that isn't shoving money into every open pocket.

also china's firewall is a joke and putin's jihad against journalism is just amusing at this point.

The US' answer to dissent is simultaneously brilliant and horrible. Ensure everyone is just short of content and believing through hard work they'll ever get to contentedness while abusing them just a little more every year.
>>
>>71974764
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>71976322
I can't tell, do people DROPPEDpost ironically to people who are clearly Jews? His name is Levitt. You might as well google your lawyer Maury Finklebaum and DROP him when it turns out he went to synagogue once.
>>
>>71970211
He's one of those actors who's always in comfy movies
>>
>>71977133
>"I hate capitalism, why can't I just live in a communist dictatorship?!"

Millennials everyone.
>>
>>71979531

Hi there! Just wanted to give you a friendly reminder that if you were born on or after 1980, you're a millenial! No need to thank me, just wanted you to know you're part of the same generation you claim to hate. More than likely, you were just born in the wrong generation.
>>
>>71969971
He is a CIA agent that was doing it on orders.
The NSA and CIA are rivals and the CIA really disliked the shit NSA were getting away with and the budget they were getting.
>>
>>71976280

>considering the USA to be a "flawed but funcional" democracy

At least 2 of your last 4 presidential elections were provably fixed, you currently have a billionaire running for President against a millionaire. You live in an oligarchy, my friend. It's just you don't realise it, because the 6 companies that own almost all the media won't tell you.

Instead they tell you all these ridiculous evil Russia memes to make you grateful for your "freedom", and then you regurgitate them out into the interent under the mistaken impression that you understand the world you live in.

Also - shill thread.
>>
>>71974764
Ughhh
>>
>>71971081
>>71971327
>mfw neo-cuckservatives think Snowden could've leaked this information any other way
He would've either been shut up or killed if he had complained to the military or congress. If he had gone to Sweden he would've been instantly grabbed by the CIA and right now he would be rotting in a jail cell. Snowden may have hurt our national security but he couldn't have exposed the NASA any other way.
>>71975433
Fuck off, NASA.
>>
File: trump 2.jpg (32 KB, 455x679) Image search: [Google]
trump 2.jpg
32 KB, 455x679
>>71980417
>NASA
Goddamn it.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.