[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best miniseries? getting this out of the way first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: band-of-brothers.jpg (88 KB, 1019x768) Image search: [Google]
band-of-brothers.jpg
88 KB, 1019x768
What are the best miniseries?

getting this out of the way first
>>
>>71968293
You're already starting with the best.
>>
File: the-night-manager.jpg (201 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
the-night-manager.jpg
201 KB, 420x420
The Night Manager.
>>
>>71968293
The Pacific is great too

>>71968359
Laurie was great. Hiddleston was underwhelming by comparison, and the ending wasn't satisfying
>>
File: 1459463621633.png (775 KB, 717x797) Image search: [Google]
1459463621633.png
775 KB, 717x797
Generation kill is better than band of brothers.
They're both great, but GK is better.

Band of brothers show us brave, gallant war heroes who "did nothing wrong" and fought against a clear enemy.
E-company was mary sue as fuck. Sure they had some hardships at bastogne but that's about it.
They had great officers and amazing nco's. All the men believed in the cause etc.

Generation kill on the other hand has a lot more complexity.
Bored young marines who don't really even understand what the fuck are they doing in iraq and who are they fighting against and how. They shoot kids by accident and bomb civilian villages because of incompetence.
They had some real shitty officers who made life harder for everyone and their problems were more real. Not just your mate dying in a firefight, but stuff like not having food or fucking batteries.

BoB romanticized war and made it seem like good sport.
GK made war seem like pointless and fucking stupid, which it is.

Only thing i'd want fron generation kill would be a 'currahee'-like episode of their recon training.
Guys would be like "fuck yeah this is aaawesome fucking special forces and shiit" and then it would cut to them masturbating in a tent eating pizza.
>>
>>71968899
They're different and good for their differences
BoB did not romanticize war, remember Bastogne?
The wars they were in were completely different, and WWII can't be considered pointless you dumb fuck, it's possibly the most important event and the biggest turning point in modern civilization
And to answer you question OP John Adamns is really good
>>
>>71969001

I never said ww2 was pointlass dawg what the fuck.
Bastogne was shit for sure, but besides those two episodes it was almost like fun and games for them.
>>
>>71969405
>made war seem like pointless and fucking stupid, which it is.
Yeah so? Soldiers trying to entertain themselves to make their time less shitty, they didn't act like it was fun and games when all their friends died
>>
>>71969435

Oh right should've typed "the war" as in iraq war.

But what i mean is BoB never showed stuff like tired af men on overwatch in the middle of the night being like "fuuuck thiiis shiiit"
In carentan lt. welsh is in a muddy foxhole while it's pouring down rain and is all "it's all games blithe :--D"
I've been inna muddy foxhole in the middle of the night while it was pissing down and i can tell you dog, you're not smiling there.
Okay he was propably drunk but whatever.

In GK we see even iceman complaining about something as petty as not getting peanut butter in his MRE's and getting legit pissed. Which is realistic. Men complain about that kinda shit. I know.
In BoB they get bad food and are like "lol fugg this is bad haha you wouldn't eat malarkey :--D" which is like from a shitty finnish meme.

They never show the men tired or hungry, which is the enduring condition during wartime, except in bastogne/breaking point.
That's why bastogne/bp were the best episodes. They were the most realistic ones.
>>
>>71969889
The men that fought in WW2 were a lot less conditioned than the current US generation. Of course they wouldn't get pissed off at stupid shit like not having peanut butter. It was a different time, and they came from a harder life.
>>
>>71970062

Oh god what an arguement.
>men were steel back then
They did complain. They were tired. Same as the men today.
BoB just doesn't show that shit cause it wants to respect the veterans and paint them as brave knights.
There's nothing wrong with that for sure, but it gets a bit boring.

P.S. this is the training the men in GK have been trough
https://youtu.be/zmvNDR9J_hw
>>
>>71968293
Show Me A Hero
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.