[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all. The comics aren't really about religion. Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand. The series is basically a Western and Jesse Custer is a cowboy who was raised by a marine corps veteran and John Wayne to always have his buddy's back, protect women, and stand up to the bad guys. Instead, the television series focuses on Jesse as a preacher and changes entire aspects of his backstory and personality to reflect that. I suspect this was done because writing the arc of the rise and fall of a preacher is easier and in this current climate mocking religion is far more palatable than promoting masculinity.
>>
It's a real shit adaptation of the comic so far, Tulip and Jesse's relationship is the driving factor of the book yet its impossible to see them even like each other based on where the show is heading.
>>
File: KIMG0131.jpg (192 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0131.jpg
192 KB, 1080x1920
I work at the studio, they gave copies of the comics to literally every one but I never saw one being read and they all ended up in stacks around the offices
>>
File: Preacher4.jpg (223 KB, 1024x1597) Image search: [Google]
Preacher4.jpg
223 KB, 1024x1597
>>71964686
>Use the iconic line "Until the end of the world" from the comics during a scene where there is absolutely no buildup or meaning

I have never raged so hard in my life
>>
>>71964825
the optimist in me would say thats because they all already read them
>>
>>71964086

A motherfucker gets his eyelids cut off with fingernail clippers in the comics, m8. It's just as edgy as everything else. It's not better or worse than the show. Hell, if anything, I give the show credit for not going the Snyder route and doing a Watchmen-esque copy/paste job.
>>
>>71965069
I wish that were true
Also Cooper probably thinks I'm a prick and I yelled at Lucy Griffith once and she was nervous around me ever since
>>
>>71965138
Storytime that shit
>>
>>71965138

Why are Lucy Griffith's boobs so small? Can you ask her if she's ever considered getting implants for me anon?
>>
>>71965212
Cooper probably thinks I'm a prick because I would always stop him at the gate coming in instead of waving him through and for the exit gate closing in front of him all the time while he was leaving, the exit gate was on an auto sensor though

I yelled at Lucy because there was a late call time and I'm processing the extras as they come in, anyway it's night and her windows are tinted and she tries to just drive through behind another car so I yelled for her to stop and what did she think she was doing before realizing it was her
She was super apologetic after and would stop at the gate to say sorry and chit chat a bit
I think she thought I was still mad at her, especially after everyone was getting lunch from a food truck one day and she kind of cut the line to ask for some condiments and by chance I was the one at the front and she got all flustered again

>>71965218
If they get picked up for a 2nd season I'll ask her the next time I see her
>>
>>71965130
>A motherfucker gets his eyelids cut off with fingernail clipper
I haven't read the comics but this is exactly what I'd expect from that edgelord garth enis
>>
>>71965399
Any other interesting stories? Like are they nice guys or are they pricks?
>>
>watching the preacher tv series

Ohhhh, so you're the guy.
>>
>>71965501
Every major actor I've met has been pretty cool except for Vivica Fox, she's a diva
Directors, producers, and small time actors are more likely to be pricks
>>
>>71964825
>>71965138
>>71965399
>>71965589
Hey, Steve, this is Gary your supervisor. Don't bother coming in to work tomorrow. These posts are a violation of our clients' confidentiality and HR has been informed. Sorry, but we're going to have to let you go.
>>
>>71965551
to be fair, I enjoyed the Pilot as well as the second episode. I also enjoyed the 3-stooges-fight. I also enjoyed assface initially, before every scene of him turned into a repetition.

then I realized that we're 6 episodes in, and in essence, nothing has happened since episode 2.

even worse,last episode LITERALLY nothing happened, with even a feint of resolution in regards to the previous episode taking UNTIL THE VERY FUCKING LAST 30 SECONDS

not dropped b/c i can't drop shit I started watching like the masochistic fuck I am, but I really started hatingt it.
>>
>>71965729
hey Gary, this is Jim. Outing him publicly and disclosing his identity is in violation of our policies. Maybe you check in with HR as well? I'll leave a message for Monica
>>
>>71965729

Hi Gary this is Warner, don't bother coming in tomorrow for breaching our confidentiality policy by revealing an employees first name to a shitpost board.
>>
>>71965729
You're probably just some guy who works on set too just trying to freak this guy out
>>
>>71965399
Hey, Steve, Dominic here. Yeah, I did think you were a prick but I guess I understand about the gate thing. And lol a Lucy. Btw, I never did read those comics because I thought they were gay
>>
>>71965729

Hey Gary, this is Seth Rogen. Not cool lmao
>>
>>71965925
Same here. Have a nice one! Martin
>>
>>71965925
Hey Dom, this is Luke. I work at the sandwich place down the road (dude with glasses). Anyway, when you're done with HR I think you left your coat here last time.
Glad I happened to find you on this message board since I don't have your contact details. Don't forget you're one away from a free coffee, say hi to Cheryl for me.
>>
>>71966050
hey Luke, don't bother with my man Domi, he's taken you understand? Remember I went to school with David!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.