[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sucker Punch (Extended Cut) was a treatise on the objectific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: sucker-punch-3.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
sucker-punch-3.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1066
Sucker Punch (Extended Cut) was a treatise on the objectification of women as seen through the eyes of various nerd subcultures. The prism by which the movie is shown self reflects to the viewer their own ugliness.

It's a hypnotizing take on psychological trauma. It cleverly turns it into an esoteric, theatrical, fantasy extravaganza. Its own nakedness makes people feel shameful and uncomfortable.

It's a movie that literally hates its own audience and spits on them.

>"“I wanted to rub the human race in its own vomit, and force it to look in the mirror.”" - J.G. Ballard

If that isn't true kino, I don't fucking know what is.

>https://thebottomline.as.ucsb.edu/2011/04/%E2%80%98sucker-punch%E2%80%99-a-feminist-perspective

>http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/sucker-punch-or-how-to-make-monarch-mind-control-sexy-7-2/

>https://practicaltheorist.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/is-zack-snyders-sucker-punch-a-radical-feminist-deconstruction-of-action-movies/

>http://www.slashfilm.com/video-you-dont-understand-sucker-punch

>You are wrong about Sucker Punch by The Escapist
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXir4Pu0f0

>You Don't Understand Sucker Punch by Antisocial Commentary
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y
>>
>>71962476
And its a shitty movie too
>>
at the end of the day even if this is all true who the fuck cares, same with spring breakers, i went in to see hot girls and that's what i got, if "It's a movie that literally hates its own audience and spits on them" who cares? i got what i wanted. literally as stupid as feminists "protesting" by showing her tits, thanks for the tits
>>
its shit though. on every level.
>>
>>71962476
cool, will check those out later
>>
>>71962476
I want to fill every hole on Jamie Chung's body with my penis.
>>
File: Sucker Punch Plot Diagram.png (38 KB, 1888x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sucker Punch Plot Diagram.png
38 KB, 1888x1000
>>71962476
Muh feminism

The fact is Snyder is objectifying the girls himself by making this movie in the first place (ie. jokes on them, I was only pretending to be a retard.) YOU REALLY GOT US THERE ZACH BY PUTTING THESE HOT GIRLS IN FRONT OF US.

The fact is 'Sucker Punch' makes sense as a story, just nobody seems to get it. Everything is the way it is in this movie for a (plot) reason, even the fight scenes and sexualization etc. Everybody come to the FALSE realization that "Sweet Pea was the main character all along" and thinks they """got""" the plot of movie and then explains the entire rest of the movie as "feminism".
>>
Meanwhile in OP's head:
>Heh, this has already been posted several times but now I posted it again. People will start talking about the subject and fall for my meticulously executed bait without realizing they're playing right into my hands. Times when I've acted like the Joker, you ask? Yes, I know a thing or two about that. Heh.
>>
File: vanessa-hudgens 987th.jpg (424 KB, 936x623) Image search: [Google]
vanessa-hudgens 987th.jpg
424 KB, 936x623
If you're gonna make the same fucking thread everyday at least post some pics.
>>
>>71963284
this
>>
File: Babydoll From 'Sucker Punch'.jpg (2 MB, 5120x3407) Image search: [Google]
Babydoll From 'Sucker Punch'.jpg
2 MB, 5120x3407
>>71963200
>>71963831
It's actually a good movie, you (and OP) just didn't get it.
>>
>>71966485
It's kind of genius when you think of it. By forcing men and women to indulge in this extreme objectification disguised as female empowerment it reveals how both sides are terrible for women: Female empowerment in film encourages women to create their fantasy worlds where they have agency when they're being oppressed and nerds feel guilty and self-conscious for indulging in these sexual fantasies.

Once again Snyder is one step ahead of the general public and critics.
As one article points out, this movie wouldn't even be discussed in this light if it weren't for the slutty outfits that the protagonists wear.

Ultimately, the film shows how men and women alike can fall victims to a society where their identity is forced and argues that they don't get to choose with true agency.
>>
>>71967676
>Ultimately, the film shows how men and women alike can fall victims to a society where their identity is forced and argues that they don't get to choose with true agency.

The move shows Babydoll escaping victim hood by using her true agency to live in paradise. This is a movie with a coherent plot before it is a feminist statement.
>>
what the fuck is 'kino'?

i keep it seeing it referred to

is this another epic /pol/ meme
>>
>>71966780
I get it, and it's a huge piece of shit.
>>
>>71965942
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.