[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hideo Kojima patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Among his favorites are 2001: A Space Odyssey, Mad Max 2 and Taxi Driver

https://thefilmstage.com/news/the-favorite-films-of-metal-gear-solid-creator-hideo-kojima/
>>
>>71955107
I think he's just a fuckin' weirdo 2bh senpai
>>
>>71955107
He's got decent taste, but he's the most pretentious hack I've ever seen in my life.
>>
Pretty average taste

Kanal is good though. Good for him.
>>
>>71955107
seems to be a funny dude but he can't write for shit
>>
Normal guy tastes who likes the classics, good for him
>>
File: 1364299816818.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1364299816818.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>Kurosawa, Hitchcock, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Fellini, Welles, Chaplin, Keaton, the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity.
>>
>>71955279
Who are your favorite directors, anon?
>>
>>71955339
refn and anderson
>>
Can someone explain the Norman Fetus
>>
>>71955339

I don't have a favorite director much like I don't have a favorite color. This is because I am not an infantilized video game enabling cultural terrorist. A big mac is a big mac. I don't like the big mac.
>>
>>71955279
>t. reddit
>>
>>71955408
but do you like a big mac?
>>
File: 1464437915507.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1464437915507.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>71955279
>>
>>71955279
You're trying way too hard
>>
>>71955279
God I love drinking the tears of pretentious try hards on /tv/
>>
>>71955107
>rips of escape from new york
>patrician

Nah, he is the uno of videogames though
>>
>>71955107
the dialogue in his games is awful. he's reddit garbage.
>>
>all these fucking newshits

Oh yeah
the rumors are true alright
>>
He mostly like generic 80s action garbage. He is pretty pleb. Just cause he likes some kino doesn't change that. If given the choice between Saving Private Ryan and The Deer Hunter he'd choose Saving Private Ryan because DUDE ACTION LMAO
>>
>>71955733
Deer Hunter is overrated get some taste
>>
>>71955279
>>71955408
>they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.
>I don't have a favorite director
>no opinion on the medium they claim to love
>no opinion
>>
>>71955107
He is a product of his time, his environment, and (most importantly) his autism.

I don't think he's a """"""""true"""""""" patrician, he just loves what he likes. Sure, I could say he's a westaboo or even fucking Reddit, but I don't think a person who truly knows him would agree with it even if that person were to fully understand what I was going on about.

I still think that if he were to make a movie, with or without hollywood backing, that it wouldn't be good. 3 or 4 movies from then, though? I'd assume he'd have improved greatly.

His fans are weird, though. They're the type to claim they understand him as a person and why his tastes are what they are like some jackoff youtuber. He is the type to attract patrician wannabes. He could pull some dumb shit for the sake of dumb shit and though his fans wouldn't "eat it all up", they would still try to justify their stupid analysis as "this is just him being all deep and deconstructive". I think that's the problem. They think he's a deconstructivist with no off button.

Disregard my opinion, though. I love MGS4.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.