[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You realize if the internet get what it wants and this bombs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: ghostbusters-2016-poster.jpg (129 KB, 786x1164) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters-2016-poster.jpg
129 KB, 786x1164
You realize if the internet get what it wants and this bombs the movies are fucked. Everything will be test screened to shit, 99% releases will be catered to normies. No more originality or ambition allowed, because normies hate that. Everything will be capeshit.
>>
>>71954600
> No more originality or ambition allowed,

You realise this is a remake?
>>
>>71954652
Everything is. At least this one tries to do something different.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (365 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
365 KB, 1280x720
>>71954600
I want it to bomb to hammer home the point that manufactured controversy and thinly veiled hype doesn't reap rewards.

I want this film to FIGURATIVELY bomb so hard that studios once again have to focus on quality instead of trying to sell us a turd under the guise of forwarding some bullshit cause. This has recently happened with Tarzan as well, where the director plainly said that there's a gay kiss scene that was cut from the theatrical release, but is likely to be in the home release. And no one took the bait. People are becoming smarter, and if they can overcome critics telling them that because something as trivial as a Ghostbusters reboot/remake/whatever is forwarding womans rights, then they can overcome anything. If the masses don't buy in to this bullshit, then the constant pandering has potential to be stopped.
>>
>>71954735
I know this is bait, but I'll bite anyways.
>At least this one tries to do something different

How?
>>
>>71954735
>different

Why, because this time it's women? That's not different. It's still a rag-tag team of misfits in new york hunting down ghosts who are going to make something bad happen if they can't learn to work as a team!

It's the same fucking movie, a vagina doesn't make it different.
>>
>>71954735
>tries to do something different
There's not much different about this, this is a movie that came out 2 decades too late and they compensated by adding Joan Rivers level of humour. Half the jokes boil down to "We're women, hilarious, right?".
>>
>>71954735
>At least this one tries to do something different

No it isn't.

>big ghost stomping around the city
>four member team, one BLM
>spooky librarian ghost
>people not taking them seriously
>female Slimer

I'm sure there's more.
>>
>>71954600
>your pissbaby hugbox
>the interenet

lol
>>
>>71954600
Fuck big budget blockbusters. The Nice Guys was a great and original movie with a budget of $50 million. It made $56 million. We will never again see original movies on a mid-range budget. Ghostbusters tanking doesn't affect anything other than feminists.
>>
>>71954875
>manufactured controversy
you brought it upon yourself
>>
>>71954600
Film is already fucked.

I haven't seen a single fucking new film in 2016.

Not a one.

No downloads. Nothing.

Why? Because they're either capeshit, reboots, sequels, SJW shit, kid shit, or simply look "meh" at best, and not worthy of my time.

Ghostbusters is yet another example of how fucking shitty the film industry is today.
-Reboot? Check.
-SJW shit? Check.

Complete ass.

Film and TV alike have fallen to the level of daytime soap opera tier garbage that only a small, brainless audience can actually enjoy.

Fuck em'.....
>>
>>71954600
>Everything will be test screened to shit, 99%

You know this was test screened and changed because there was really cringe scenes, right?

>releases will be catered to normies

This movie is catered to normies, not to fans

>No more originality or ambition allowed

You literally confirm never watched the movie. I watched yesterday and is a turd

>Everything will be capeshit.

Ghostbusters is capeshit
>>
>>71955773
THIS

I haven't see any of the big meme films since the dissapointmen of TFA. No deadpool, no civil war, no BvS, and surely not this crap.

I think I need to go back to mostly read books.
>>
File: Worf_laughing.gif (1 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
Worf_laughing.gif
1 MB, 255x255
>>71954600
>No more originality
>originality
>ORIGINALITY
>>
>>71955368
I didn't do shit. I watched it happen, and I will watch it blow up in their faces.
>>
>>71954875
Gosh, you're nice. I want this movie to flop so badly that the studio who produced it goes bankrupt and disappears forever.

This is what used to happen to studios that churned out trash or did not properly manage their budgets.
>>
>>71957508
>What is Cannon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.