[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could Kickstart a movie concept, what would it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Your Kickstarter Idea.png (32 KB, 800x765) Image search: [Google]
Your Kickstarter Idea.png
32 KB, 800x765
If you could Kickstart a movie concept, what would it be?
>>
blacked.avi
>>
>>71951335
sex tape of op's mom
>>
A Shadow of the Colossus-esque fantasy adventure movie
>>
File: 1460504238593.jpg (228 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460504238593.jpg
228 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>71951335
Twilight except everyone involved is a girl. A brooding high school girl has to choose between a mysterious vampire girl and a fun-loving werewolf girl.
>>
a movie about two serial killers: one is a trucker, and one is a hitchhiker. you can guess what happens next

not sure what tone/genre it would go with. maybe a surrealistic thriller vibe, where they are always trying to off eachother. or maybe they team up
>>
File: moh.jpg (132 KB, 762x1085) Image search: [Google]
moh.jpg
132 KB, 762x1085
>>71951686
This has been done.

In the end they both severely wounded each other and ended up in an ambulance where they agreed they should work together, but they are then murdered by the paramedic who is also a serial killer.
>>
>>71951623
A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
>>
>>71951623
FINDS
>>
>>71951623
Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
>>71951335
Wild Cards movie
>>
File: 1369973922488.jpg (14 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
1369973922488.jpg
14 KB, 256x197
>>71951335
>>
Ghostbusters reboot
>>
File: cia.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
A CIA spinoff movie
>>
Pluto Nash 2
>>
Serious question, does kickstart actually work as a way to get funding for a movie? I have a great movie idea which I think people would want to see get made, if they heard me explain it.
>>
>>71954481
You can Kickstart anything, even concepts
>>
File: BH_v20_CC.jpg (589 KB, 1920x918) Image search: [Google]
BH_v20_CC.jpg
589 KB, 1920x918
I had an idea about a bullshit sci-fi concept that if I had 500,000,000 dollars and some technical and artistic experience in film, I'd love to make.

Basically, there's an organization in the not-so-distant future that has made a business out of collecting sounds for people. The idea is that when a sound wave is created, it exists at 100%. A microsecond later, it's already begun to fade. 50%...... 25%....... 17%....... 8.5%......4.25%...... down, down, down in to the ridiculously small fractions. They dissipate into the far reaches of inner space - into the subatomic plane of existence between atoms, and even in the spaces between electrons. But because you can split things in half for infinity, the sound never really disappears. It will always exist. The explosion of the Big Bang. The cries of the dinosaurs. The speeches of Jesus Christ. The impact of the A-Bomb. It all still exists, just echoing downward into eternity, forever.

The organization has made it their job to retrieve these sounds for clients, and record them, and play them back for insane amounts of money.

However, during one "retrieval," our main character hears/discovers/locates a sound that he wishes he hadn't... I'm thinking something along the lines of a sound that hasn't actually came into existence yet. Because space-time doesn't really exist on a subatomic level, because light has no effect at that point, the curve of time doesn't really exist, and therefore, our main character experiences sounds that have not yet happened yet, and he learns something or hears something, or whatever that he shouldn't.

The science is COMPLETE bullshit, BUT I think, from a psudeo-movie-science standpoint, it COULD work.

I've been playing with that concept for a while. I'm actually making my way through film school as it were.

Maybe someday....
>>
I am a working on kind of a "punk noir" type script, where a freelance thug is chosen by a criminal organization to be their new muscle and clear up some internal matters because they witness him get into a bar fight and admire his recklessness and capacity for violence. In actuality, he is picked to be a fall guy and as he uncovers the mystery about why he was set up and kills his way through the gang, a femme fatale type who was originally just scamming him genuinely begins to fall for him. It builds up to a reversal of Out of the Past, where the girl kills the main baddie and tries to make the guy go away with her. However, in my film the guy sticks with his loner archetype and will to survive by stomping her head in, swapping clothes with the dead bad guy, staging a suicide and writing a note explaining all the murders from the bad guy's POV
>>
>>71951335
A money laundering scheme
>>
>>71955894
I like this a lot man. Are you going to have this sound he discovers be related to him personally or some sort of world-effecting thing? I think you could get great stuff out of either direction, or even somehow a mix of both. You really should write this, you have a killer idea here
>>
>>71956120
Thanks anon. I was leaning towards a mix of both - sort of like a loop. Because our main character can listen to these sounds, he hears the X. Because he hears X, that means that is certainly will happen. Because it certainly will happen, he's now a part of that event. But, because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (I think that's what its called?), BECAUSE he's observed an event, that automatically changes it.

Admittedly, it's over my head, and probably over most viewing audiences' heads, BUT I've realized something with the "realistic" sci-fi genre: the science doesn't have to make sense, as long as the logic and story does. We, as an audience, will accept most anything as fact in the universe of a film as long as it makes logical sense and entertains us. That's what I'd be going for, I guess.

Really encouraging to hear you say you like it though. Thanks. :3
>>
>>71954340
This.
>>
>>71951335
>man wakes up one day
>his penis can talk
>man has conversation with penis
>discovers his penis is hugely racist and sexist
>>
>>71951753
>murdered by the paramedic

kek
>>
>kickstarting a movie
>having a repeat of Mighty No. 9

No thanks.

By the way, the Veronica Mars movie sucked.
>>
>>71956414
>Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle
This states that you can't simultaneously know a sub-atomic particle's speed and position
>>
like space jam but with rap battles
>>
>>71956967
>4chan: The Dick
>>
>>71957228
What am I thinking of then? When an event changes because it is observed? Guess I could Google it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.