[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well damn, that really lived up to the hype. It literally had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: social-share-v2.jpg (158 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
social-share-v2.jpg
158 KB, 1200x630
Well damn, that really lived up to the hype. It literally had me shouting advice at the characters like an idiot, I can't remember the last time an action movie sucked me in like that.

Not high art or anything, but easily a solid 8/10. I really can't think of anything negative to say, script & performances were top-notch, nice grimy visual style & realistic settings, and the action scenes were shot and edited very well. There was maybe a moment or two when the fight scenes in the bar started feeling repetitive, but it quickly picked up again towards the end.

Thoughts?
>>
>>71947679
we have the same thread every day and nothing new gets said ever. The movie is great, almost everyone agrees its a 7 or 8 out of 10, and everyone agrees that patrick stewart was underwhelming and the plot became repetitive as the movie went on.

This is not an Anton thread. Top 5 performances, imo:

1. House of D
2. Charlie Bartlett
3. Like Crazy
4. Alpha Dog
5. Only Lovers Left Alive
>>
>>71947791
*now
>>
The first time they show you what the nazis did to Anton Yelchin's arm... damn.

That was painful to look at
>>
>>71947791

The Fright Night remake is garbage, but I found it surprisingly fun. Anton & Imogen Poots are together in that one as well, they're both good, Colin Farrell chews scenery like crazy and it's a pretty good time.

Patrick Stewart wasn't underwhelming, he was fucking perfect
>>
It was okay. I enjoyed the sense of dread it managed to build up once they band arrives at the club house.

Now I'm looking for similar stuff. Not necessarily in plot details, just that mood. You know, like that whole border crossing sequence from Sicario.

So please name any titles that you can remember with a strong sense of menace going on. Shit that gets to you.

Thanks
>>
>>71947935

Yeah that was fucking gross. His reaction really sold it. I don't know the last time I saw a grown man sobbing like a baby in an action film, but it was like... yup, that's probably how I'd react too
>>
>>71947994

John Carpenter's "Assault on Precinct 13." It was obviously a major influence on Green Room, and though I haven't seen it in a while, I think it's still the better film.

I'd also recommend Steven Spielberg's "Duel." It's different, but it's still a thriller that has constant tension and suspense with a VERY simple premise.
>>
>>71947966

>Fright Night Remake is garbage
>found it surprisingly fun
>Pretty good time

so which is it? and as for P-Stew, I feel like he was being hyped up as this terrifying character who would scare the shit out of you, but he was just super pragmatic and ruthless. I think he was cast very well and did a great job, but he didn't live up to the hype for me.
>>
>>71947935
>>71948008

I really liked the actors who played the band. They all sold it really well, especially Anton. I like how they took a little time to develope the characters in small ways so you actually felt they were people instead of death fodder. Like how the singer was kind of a pussy and the drummer was only concerned with saving his own ass.
>>
>>71947994
Dead Man's Shoes (2004)
>>
>>71948076

It's both. It's a talented cast reading a crap script and having a lot of fun with it. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a good horror movie, but I would recommend it if you like Anton Yelchin and just want to see more shit with him in it.

I didn't read much about the movie before seeing it, I saw a trailer but that was about it, so I guess I didn't have any expectations about Patrick Stewart's character. I thought it was interesting that he didn't play much outside his usual range, he was still low-key and charming, but the character was written perfectly to suit that. He seemed like a genuine sociopath, not the smirking "Dexter" type, he just saw no difference between getting his floorboards replaced and having a bunch of kids mauled by dogs. They were just both things he needed to do to stay out of jail, and that was all there was to it.
>>
>>71948076
>I only see in black and white
>>
Great movie. One of the best lines was when Anton's character said something like "They have to find us, we can't just disappear" which summed up the horror and reality of the situation so well
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.