[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it say when Richard Roeper is one of the last bastions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: cuck on top bull on the bottom.png (68 KB, 1230x309) Image search: [Google]
cuck on top bull on the bottom.png
68 KB, 1230x309
What does it say when Richard Roeper is one of the last bastions of classic film criticism?
>>
File: and.jpg (44 KB, 472x709) Image search: [Google]
and.jpg
44 KB, 472x709
Why are plebs pretending to care about film criticism now?

For years you iqlets called Brody and White pretentious and anyone that agreed with them hipsters. Has your taste film improved now or are you still the tasteless drones you were when you cried hipster and that fun should be allowed since film is supposed to be """entertainment"""

or is this another excuse to shitpost and stay away from developing better taste again?
>>
>>71944556

It says you're giving way too much credit to film critics.
>>
>>71945076
bump
>>
their pictures tell the whole story

one is clearly emasculated, balding, insecure

the other confident, good looking

its hilarious how often this happens
>>
>>71945076
it's the latter
look at the pleb critics they praise
>>
Richard Roeper is pleb filth that inadvertently murdered criticism by pioneering "snark." Getting it right once doesn't forgive his whole career of retardation.

http://siskelandebert.org/video/U2YH6AN1ASHB/Ebert-amp-Roeper--Lord-of-the-Rings-Fellowship-of-the-Ring
>>
>>71945076
White is the biggest hipster faggot you can not deny that.
Also if people talked about Brody and White for years then clearly caring about film criticism isn't new.
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you retarded? Did you even read your own post?
>>
File: Untitled.png (153 KB, 419x301) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
153 KB, 419x301
>>71945463

>Roeper's "criticism" is summarizing the plot in a sarcastic voice
>>
>>71945463
>>71945578
You guys do realise that sequels to Fellowship were never a guaranteed thing, right?

Roeper was reviewing in the pretense of there being no sequels and if you think of it that way, Fellowship doesn't hold up
>>
File: 1386839079281.jpg (53 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1386839079281.jpg
53 KB, 400x396
>it's a /v/edditor doesn't know who roeper is episode
>>
>>71945616

>You guys do realise that sequels to Fellowship were never a guaranteed thing, right?

They filmed all three films at the same time and released them a year apart. Of course they were guaranteed.
>>
The Tomatometer has always been a problematic but relatively useful tool for sweeping the absolute shittiest movies with no redeeming values off to the side, but now it seems completely determined by hype and the politics surrounding the movies instead of their actual content.
>>
File: images-54.jpg (24 KB, 444x331) Image search: [Google]
images-54.jpg
24 KB, 444x331
>>71945076
kek
>>
>>71945616
>You guys do realise that sequels to Fellowship were never a guaranteed thing

NOPE

>Roeper was reviewing in the pretense of there being no sequels and if you think of it that way, Fellowship doesn't hold up

NOPE
>>
>>71945466
>White is the biggest hipster

Stopped reading there. Pathetic entry level drone pretending he cares about film detected
>>
>>71945770
Go ahead and defend Jack and Jill you piece of shit.
>>
File: 1456398997899.jpg (23 KB, 326x324) Image search: [Google]
1456398997899.jpg
23 KB, 326x324
>critic has a pair of those tumblr glasses on
And his opinion goes into the trash.
>>
>>71945794

I haven't seen it yet so I can't sorry, /v/
>>
>>71945076
The same people are probably older, work, and need to acquire money like anyone else. Theyre probably pissed that film criticism is nothing except shit posting anymore, and people get paid to do it.
>>
>>71945976

So you're telling me within 6 months these people have "grown up"
>>
>>71945807
I would fuck her in the mouth, if that's what this reply was about.
>>
>>71945881
how about you watch it and remind yourself it got a gloating review from White?
You are the worst kind of shitposter.
Your first post was already retarded your /v/ insult is even worse.

Please go ahead and order a helium tank already.
>>
>>71945616
Then explain the prequels. He liked every one of them.
>>
>>71946210

Why is he wrong about it?
>>
>>71946328
Jack and Jill is a terrible movie all around. The best argument I can make is have you watch it.
>>
>>71946383
>critic with taste and high cinematic knowledge
>its great and heres why in detail

>nobody videogame playing pleb
>uhh its bad and you need to watch it to understand

Huh, really makes you think
>>
>>71946434
I don't owe you anything.

This is the "make a million dollar movie yourself first before you criticize it" argument.

3 strikes now. you are beyond retarded.
I hope you had fun shitposting.
>>
>>71945466
You're wronger than anyone else in this thread. Look at one of Armond's yearly breakdowns, and I'll bet you haven't even heard of most of the films he praises. He prefers movies that are artistic, accomplished and meaningful, with substance behind them. You've taken from the fact he'll say something positive about Jack & Jill to mean it's one of his favourite movies, and for that, you are literally retarded. It's your taste that is shit, and Armond points out the disingenuousness and hypocrisy of your kind.

>he said something good about jack & jill and transformers 2 but insulted avengers! how could this be so? contrarian! his taste is shit!
The kinds of movies Armond really cherishes are movies like Garçon stupide, Divine Intervention, Those Who Love Me Can Take the Train, etc -- movies you haven't even fucking heard of, you absolute pleb, and it's from that perspective he's judging your crudely made, emotionally barren movies parading as meaningful, and instead praising movies that at least know they're fucking garbage and do something with it.

You'll go, then, I don't doubt, from accusing him to enjoying garbage to accusing him of being pretentious, and you'll not see he occupies both simultaneously, as he can enjoy a fun romp for what it is, and he can enjoy majesty, beauty and vision, and that's what he does in his reviews. It's you who's got shit taste because you enjoy vacuous shite while thinking it's good and imagining you've got sophisticated taste.
>>
>>71946478
>he can't do it because he actually doesn't know sweet fuck about film

I thought so. Go back to pretending you care about film in another Ghostbusters thread, pleb fuck
>>
>>71946294
Ebert liked Episode 1 and 3 (He didn't like Ep2 because of the backlash 1 got)
>>
>be some nobody critic
>ride the coattails of the world's most famous critic
>he dies
>return to being a nobody

Ebert.com is more relevant that Roeper.
>>
>>71946570
>The kinds of movies Armond really cherishes are movies like Garçon stupide, Divine Intervention, Those Who Love Me Can Take the Train, etc
That's not really impressive. For hipster lists I have artforum.
>>
File: 452345345.jpg (10 KB, 94x94) Image search: [Google]
452345345.jpg
10 KB, 94x94
How much does this guy hate his life?
>>
>>71947157
>tfw you couldn't be born a noble PoC
>>
File: 1463634953467.jpg (91 KB, 1591x784) Image search: [Google]
1463634953467.jpg
91 KB, 1591x784
>>71945794
/Dunkaccino/
>>
BTFO
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.