[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
River Song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: hitler[1].jpg (46 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
hitler[1].jpg
46 KB, 620x350
I'm getting caught up on S09, starting with the 2015 Christmas special.

As someone who finds River Song incredibly annoying, and suspects that she's Steve Moffat's twisted fap fantasy, should I watch The Husbands of River Song? Or will I be tearing my hair out the whole way through?
>>
>>71939973
probably not then, the christmas specials are always a bit cack and I didn't even make it through the most recent one

The wife the something and the wrddrobe was the fucking worst though
>>
>>71939973

The Doctor has a couple fun moments in it, but it is so River heavy, so if you're not a fan you might want to give it a pass. But it does close out her story, so I dunno. I watched it and was fine with it. Hell of a lot better than >>71940049.
>>
>>71940049
>>71940097
While we're here, are there any S09 episodes shit enough to avoid entirely?

>close out her story
oh god, does that mean we shouldn't expect to see her again? Because I would then start ejaculating spontaneously.
>>
>>71940152
sleep no more and the Zygon 2-parter were pretty shit, the reast are ok. Steven Moffet season always suffer when the character of the doctor is established. It's the Jack Sparrow effect, the first film works cos its a basic script brought to life by inventive acting then the sequel is all caricature, same with dr who
>>
>>71940335
>two parter is shit
fugg
>>
>>71940335
theyre mostly all 2 parters that season so dont worry
>>
You can skip Husbands without problem, but I had a good laugh in this episode.

>>71940335
Zygons were one of the better episodes, final speech aside.
>>
>>71940152
Just because her story closed out doesn't necessarily mean you won't see her anymore. Timey wimey and whatnot.
>>
>>71940152
Quick breakdown
1&2 long stretch of filler in the beginning which might or might not make you laugh (Didn't make me). It picks up pace later, sort of. 6/10
3&4 atmospheric but boring, building toward a conclusion that is ultimately unsatisfying twist 4/10
5 This one is actually good 8/10
6 This one isn't 3/10
7&8 Thrilling, even if resolution is stupid 8/10
9 Fucking retarded 2/10
10 Actually pretty good, restored my faith in women writers Sarah Dollard for prime minister 9/10
11 Overhyped but nice anyway 9/10
12 Holy shit this is retarded what is it I don't even 5/10 it's ok basically finale standard
>>
File: heaven sent.gif (753 KB, 350x208) Image search: [Google]
heaven sent.gif
753 KB, 350x208
>>71940152
All the s9 eps were at worst pretty good, except for a really shite one called Sleep No More.

I'd suggest you watch them all, but Sleep No More adds absolutely nothing to the series as a whole so just skip it.

The best ep is Heaven Sent. Really creepy with a mind-blowing ending: one that I wanted to watch again str8 after.
>>
File: what were they thinking.gif (909 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
what were they thinking.gif
909 KB, 400x220
>>71940049
>The wife the something and the wrddrobe was the fucking worst though.

Not as bad as the space Titanic one tho. God, that one really was awful.
>>
>>71941678
I thought it was a fun take on disaster movie.

Religious symbolism all things considered was silly though.
>>
File: HoRS laugh.gif (2 MB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
HoRS laugh.gif
2 MB, 540x270
>>71941700
All of them considered, Husbands of River Song is one of the better Xmas specials. Nice romp to watch after the big Xmas dinner.
>>
>>71941678
I always wondered if that one was a reference to Starship Titanic.
>>71941938
>>71941700
>>71941209
>>71940936
>>71940535
Thanks for the recommendations/comments. I'll probably end up watching HoRS and Sleep No More on some dark, depressing work trip in some crap hotel with shit wifi and I've got bad Dr Who cravings, but I'll skip it for now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.