[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched this movie. A friend had casually recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: woke.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
woke.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
I just watched this movie. A friend had casually recommended this movie a few days ago and wow, what a great movie. If any of you guys have seen this one, what did you think?
>>
>>71938719
Bretty gud. The scenes where they break the 4th wall and explain shit directly to the audience was highly derivative of too many Wallstreet-themed movies that came before it. For this reason, I can't give it more than a 7/10.
>>
>>71938719
Couldn't possibly give enough of a shit to watch this, and that's coming from someone who is financially literate and literally intentionally ironically works at a big bank
>>
I haven't seen it, but based on that cast I can't see myself giving it more than a 5/10
>>
>get a lot of money at the end of the movie
>still be sad

lmao who does this
>>
I liked it a lot. The celeb cameos were cringeworthy, as was some of the editing.
>>
>>71939689
>literate and literally
>>
I thought it was great. Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling are really good in it. I followed the banking jargon for about half the movie before they lost me, so it might require a bit of research into the 2008 crash and another viewing for me to fully grasp that aspect of the story, but I had fun watching it.
>>
>>71940351
True. I felt a bit foolish for not knowing the reasons for the wall street bail out.
>>
Shit fucking sucks. Boring and directed like a fucking joke.
>>
>>71941073
What do you recommend that doesn't suck and isn't directed like a joke?
>>
Decently entertaining but doesn't really explain what happened that well (basically writes regulatory failures and underlying socioeconomic changes out of the picture).
>>
>>71941118
Literally all of the other "best picture" nominees are better. Go see one of them and make a thread.
>>
fucking pointless movie with le epic humor
>>
>>71939689

So why do you come on the TV and film board if you don't like to watch films?
>>
Great movie, I think people don't realize it almost won Best Movie at the Oscars (had won the prize at some of the previous ceremonies).

Honestly top 3 of last year
>>
litterraly goose's worst movie.
Obviously, the only reason he took the role was
>yeah let's point our fingers at the banks, we on the good side of history!
and maybe
>"I'm not the good guy" quote

My guess is goose is trying to free himself from the superhero image drive gave him.
>>
>>71941314
>Honestly top 3 of last year

in your mainstream hollywood centered world, that is
>>
the wolf of wall street >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the big short
>>
>>71941360
It's actually one the only hollywood movie I saw last year, and its by far the best of them (shitty year tho)
>>
>>71941432
It was so plot-driven that it was honestly painful to watch. Like a boring documentary about something that everyone knows happenned.

honestly, tell me one good thing about the movie.
>>
>>71941197
name one
>>
>>71941389
Margin call >>>> WoWst > Big Short
>>
>>71941657
do people take drugs and fuck whores in margin call? (haven't seen it)

if the answer is no, then wows>margin call
>>
>>71941603
the rhythm
the music
the acting (especially carrell's)
the picture
>>
>>71941742
>the rhythm
was fast paced to give an illusion of content when clearly nothing was happenning
>the music
was forgettable, I completely forgot about it and could not remmember one note from the whole movie.
>the acting (especially carrell's)
since the script was so bad, there was no character development, characters were one sided and thus acting was just repeating itself ad nauseam
>the picture
was shit

let's agree to disagree there anon. You may like this movie but from my pov it's a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>71941878
agree to disagree it is, shame tho.
any movie you'd recommend from last year?
>>
>>71942004
'15 was a bad year imo.
Nothing great comes to mind.

If you're into kitano and haven't seen this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4176776/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7
give it a shot, it's not bad. It has its moments.
>>
>>71941705
I reckon we have different opinions on what makes a good movie then.
>>
It's good but misleading

The actual shorts are the only near accurate parts
>>
>>71942656
my point is, a non-fiction movie should not be fiction.
It's well known that banksters are drug and sex addicts. I want to see that part of their reality depicted as well.
I don't want to see some cleaned up, shaved and polished version of reality. I want to see the real deal.

So, unless I'm mistaken, if margin call depicts top banksters as regular white collars working nine to five and just making sure that their clients get the best service possible, I don't wanna see that.
>>
>>71941617
Look them up yourself. I said that any of the nominees are better than this.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.