[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (558 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
558 KB, 853x480
GOAT
>>
I didn't get the end
>>
reddit
>>
I liked it quite a bit too.
>>
>>71936692
The Chinese foreman was tired of the Africans stealing his tools and not working so he gives that big speech about how "as long as I have alcohol and water, I'll be alright in the morning," as a succinct statement of how lazy they are.
>>
>>71936720
wait nevermind I'm thinking of something else lol
>>
>>71936692
He was seeking resolution that will never be found. The killer is still out there and completely blending in with society.
>>
>>71936690
how can i convey non-whites facial expressions when they all look the same?
>>
>>71936830
Fuck off
>>
>>71936692
The bumbling idiot crooked cops fucked up every step of the way and they lost their guy.

The guy is still out there and he only has himself and his shitty police work to blame.
>>
>>71936690
I really liked this.
I like how the main character is flawed, lying to himself, yet trying his hardest in the face of tragedy.
Exactly the same arc as in The Wailing. Yet with less mystery.

I further like that he actually prevails. There is resolution when he lets the killer go.
>>
>>71936690
great movie. good ass soundtrack too
>>
>>71936998
Just watched The Wailing, didn't get the end right.. The shaman working together with the japanese and the woman in white is a guardian of the village or god?
>>
>>71936998
Would you recommend The Wailing?
>>
>>71937143
Yeah it is quite confusing.
Its brilliant in the sense that the director fully exploits the mystery genre to create the same confusion, deception which the main character feels, in the audience.

Im noob so do not know how to make spoiler thingy.

SPOILERS/ The Japanese shaman works with the believed "Good" Shaman. They are both after the daughters soul and are playing a game of deceit to get it.

The Woman is the (traditional) Guardian spirit of the mountain who places protective charms (Raven in the pot, Ghosttrapper) to help out the people of the mountain. Yet, through human frailty the main character ruins this attempt. /SPOILER
>>
>>71937236
Definitely. It is very good. Even if you do not get the symbolism wholly it is a very exciting movie in its own right.

It carries over elements from the Chaser and mix them with horror elements and supernatural lore from around the world. Then it has a twin peaks feeling from its mystery.
>>
>>71937236
Korean movies are goat. If you havent seen New World, Old Boy, I Saw the Devil, The Man from Nowhere.

You are in for a treat.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.