[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Zack Snyder single-handedly brought capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21
File: 1467130981274.png (528 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
1467130981274.png
528 KB, 1280x528
Where were you when Zack Snyder single-handedly brought capeshit into the realm of high art?
>>
Chris Nolan could never
>>
Where were you when summerfags infested /tv/ and spread their shitty memes?
>>
>>71934646
I don't know where I am in your fantasies anon.
>>
>>71934675
Batman v Superman came out in late March and the memes started in April.

And the memes are well deserved, because it's legitimately the best capefilm ever made.
>>
File: 1468103749108.jpg (70 KB, 261x317) Image search: [Google]
1468103749108.jpg
70 KB, 261x317
apology for poor english

when were you when zack sydr make capekino

i was sat at home drinking brain fluid when fred ring

'capekino arrives'

'woah'

and you?????????????
>>
File: 1468170938754.jpg (510 KB, 1600x886) Image search: [Google]
1468170938754.jpg
510 KB, 1600x886
>>
>>71934728

wow...
>>
>>71934728
>L'aube de la Justice

what did he mean by this
>>
Zack only produces cinema of the highest calibre

he has given birth to...... Capekino
>>
>>71934646
>blatant symbolism shoved right in your face
>"hmm I'll put a cross here and a cross here and I'll have them stand like those Christian paintings!!" - Hack Smyder

When did you realize that BvS is good threads are just a meme and pleb filter?
>>
>>71934646
He's literally our generations Michelangelo .
>>
>>71934646
What does the symbolism even mean within the context of the film? I know it's religious stuff, but why did he include it?
>>
>>71934924
Do you know the basics of the jesus story?
>>
>>71934781
This has been established 3 months ago
>>
>>71935027
Yes. You can't seriously tell me that some autistic director is trying to draw parallels between a children's comic book series and a religion that has essentially founded western civilization.
>>
why did they include this scene
>>
>>71934646
>the loudest, stupidest movie of all time
>high art
>>
>>71935027
It's not even properly implemented.
Jesus died for our sins.
Superman died cos Snyder thought that would be fitting.

Jesus came back to life then went away, never to return again.
Superman came back to life and will stay with us.

Not the same and the allegories are a stretch at best.
>>
>>71934728
Batman v Superman : L'Aube de la justice
>>
>>71935111
Yet it is hamfisted in along with greek mythology too.

I'm not saying it is good or deep. But it is there.
>>
>>71935173
And it's simplistic, high school tier, pretentious garbage. It's easy to see even Snyder knew this was a dud.
>>
>>71934646
I'll let you know when it happens.

I really hope that isn't your example. That green filter makes it look like the scene is taking place under water.
>>
>>71934817
>blatant
>shoved in your face
I will never get this. Subtlety =/= intellectual. You're in the cinema to watch the damn movie, doesn't help a director if he actively tries to confuse his audience by hiding key imagery. Aren't you just upset Snyder isn't apologetic about his vision?

Hell, most of the things you probably think of as subtle are overt and the only thing rendering them inobvious is the inattentive audience.
>>
I dont even remember this scene. What a piece of shit.
>>
>>71935302
Symbolism is suppose to be subtle. It's supposed to be integrated into the scene and made a part of it. It isn't supposed to be blatant, because then it's only seen as "symbolism", and not part of the film.
Kill yourself
>>
>>71935356
This.
>>
>>71935356
>Symbolism is suppose to be subtle
Says fucking who? Film critics? Tommy Wiseau? Your high school film teacher? You?
>>
>>71935405
I just explained it to you. Choke on it.
>>
>>71935420
So you don't have an answer. Typical.
>>
>>71935405
People that study symbolism.
People that teach courses on symbolism.
The art world which has the highest use of symbolism and iconography.
The list is extensive.

What snyder has here isn't symbolism. It's blatant mimicry and at worst iconography.

No matter what imaginary 2deep4u crap you view in this movie, it's still a pile of shit.
>>
>>71935420
Films are constructed out of symbols, lad.
>>
Haven't been to /tv/ in a while (more so 4chan) but are you guys serious? This movie was trash, the visuals weren't even that good. I mean cool CGI with a million dark ass filters put on top.

You guys saying it's good ignore the fact that they put all that bullshit Justice League stuff in? That was like 20 minutes of garbage. The wonder woman/flash/aquaman logos on the laptop? As secret files? Are you serious?

What was the deal with Gal's Gadot role? What the fuck? And what was the deal with Doomsday?
Lex Luthor gave birth to him? He gained immediate control of the Krypton vessel just by saying "Yes, I do"? What the fuck? I can go on for an hour but I already did with my uncle.

Sure the visuals were cool, pshh.

How can the visuals heal the quality that disappointing Jesse Eisenberg brings as a character, as a villian, as an actor? His style for Lex made no fucking sense whatsoever and he was half of the entire movie, Ben Affleck - Cavill the other half. Holy shit man, like I was psyched when my cousin said the ultimate edition changed the movie. Like I believed him. I was bored the entire movie.

This is barring I really enjoyed Man of Steel. The soundtrack is badass, I think everything about it is good.
>>
>>71934728
I want to watch a black and white version of the movie now, with Superman's cape the only color in the movie.
>>
>>71935538
>"Yes, I do"
Lol Snyder put a wedding joke in there, didn't he. I guess Doomsday isn't a bastard.
>>
>>71935526
BvS itself is symbolic of a man taking a shit on children. He just walks up, drops his duds, parts his cheeks and releases gushes of diarrhea on their unsuspecting heads.
>>
>>71935111
>Jesus died for our sins.
>Superman died cos Snyder thought that would be fitting.
>Jesus came back to life then went away, never to return again.
>Superman came back to life and will stay with us.
holy fucking shit you have no idea what you're talking about

hint: the very fucking meaning of the 'events' in the gospels was already being debated by paul, and later on in the next century until today

you're so fucking stupid, that when you notice some contrast, you don't actually connect the dots but throw up your arms and stop there

fucking triggered got damn
>>
File: Snyder - Reformation.jpg (100 KB, 726x650) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Reformation.jpg
100 KB, 726x650
>>71934781
From henceforth, I vow to watch every Snyder work and pray to our Lord Zacharius for the wisdom to understand.
>>
File: bats n-no.webm (2 MB, 960x398) Image search: [Google]
bats n-no.webm
2 MB, 960x398
k i n o
>>
>>71935356
>>71935512
symbolism isn't this simplistic
hell, symbolism in art is especially overt, as a lot of paintings rely on the viewer's immediate reaction to something within the painting which then influences everything else
in film, it is largely the same, with symbolism usually being something subconscious that the viewer doesn't notice because they're focusing on the logical narrative
in bvs, the symbolism is nowhere near being "shoved in your face" "100%" of the time, the vast majority of the symbolism you are referring to is simply them killing a bunch of birds with one stone in one or more shots, save for the picture referenced itt which is the only overt and obvious reference it makes
its funny that /tv/ seems to be the only place that complains about muh symbolism when the larger conversation about the movie never mentioned that, with claiming pretension because of some dialogue
>>
>>71936214
>Snyder decided to have these titans of pop culture iconography have their big conflict in a shitty abandoned building where they beat each other with toilet seats
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: Superman - BatsQuote.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Superman - BatsQuote.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
>>71935087
No, but I can tell you he's drawing parallels between the founder of Western religion and the founder of the comic book superhero. I can also tell you that Clark died for the sins of the fanboys - to elevate a dark, gritty. "realistic" world into a new Heroic Age.

I can also tell you that religious iconography as used in the films is a pretty workable visual metaphor for what it is to be Superman - a guy trying to just be a hero and an inspiration when your nature and environment conspire to make everything you do look godly.

I can also tell you that at times, it's there to clue the audience in to when people are thinking of Clark as some sort of deity - sometimes a savior, sometimes a sun god, sometimes a sky/storm god. Hell, Lex even mentions three of them by name.

None too shabby for all that meaningless, "ham-fisted" imagery.
>>
File: 1428277365482.jpg (79 KB, 286x312) Image search: [Google]
1428277365482.jpg
79 KB, 286x312
>>71934675
Summerfag invasion is a myth. Traffic doesn't change during Summer.
>>
>>71936302
It is ham fisted. Just because you finally understand why a statue of atlas sits on top of the newspaper building doesn't mean the rest of the metaphors aren't forced. The jesus thing is haphazard at best. He has nothing to do with prometheus.
>>
>>71936435
Wrong reference. Nice try, though.
>>
>>71936308
>Believing moot
>trashes /pol/ before he leaves because facts offended him
You're an idiot if you took anything he said as fact when he was a delusional leftist.
He probably barely knew how the site even ran or ever took a statistics course.
That dumb shit probably didn't even know what IP's were till 2010
>>
>>71936435
jesus man, those greek myths aren't singular moments in culture
we all fucking know that those stories are allegorical tales that convey a message
the point of icarus is in the warning his dad gave him and how he didn't come through with it
the point of prometheus was in choosing humanity over the gods

it's completely fair to take from all of these at will, as with jesus, where the clear difference is here used to make a point about our own relationship to divinity.

bad movie or not, take away all the ip markers, follow the narrative, and you see the movie clearly playing with the gap between man and god, or the divine
like any sci-fi movie, a fantastical element is introduced that not only opens up the narrative but some question or idea.
>>
File: hothead.jpg (18 KB, 240x266) Image search: [Google]
hothead.jpg
18 KB, 240x266
>>71936568
>moot
Who?
This is a kino thread.
>>
>>71936568
>the guy who founded and ran the site didn't know about an integral element of the nature of the site
>>
>>71936460
Lex brings up prometheus. I don't remember an atlas reference in this film but the statue is in the last film and the comics.

But I remember lex bringing up prometheus because he gets the ending wrong and then I realized prometheus has nothing to do with superman so I started wondering is lex talking about himself and the fire a reference to the knowledge of kryptonite. But I decided that lex could not consider himself a a god and still want to destroy superman because he sees him as a god.

So I am sure that reference was in there
>>
>>71936634
>who founded and ran
kek
>>
>>71935088
>Lex came up with their logos

>Which they will use on their suits
>>
>>71934646
When did he do that?
>>
>>71936039
>claiming snyder knew all this and did his research

Classic. Go on anon, tell me another
>>
>>71936727
>Chris Terrio wrote the film and all its subtext

you fucking retard
>>
File: 1461328352983[1].jpg (43 KB, 486x680) Image search: [Google]
1461328352983[1].jpg
43 KB, 486x680
>>71934728
What was with the horses in the movie? Did anyone else notice the reoccurring horses?
>>
>>71936743
>directors do exactly what is written in the scripts

Nice. Continue
>>
File: Superman Returns - Atlas.jpg (31 KB, 584x243) Image search: [Google]
Superman Returns - Atlas.jpg
31 KB, 584x243
>>71936640
Yes, that's exactly what I think Lex was talking about - the metaphorical "fire" of the knowledge he was gaining.

Lex's scenes in the ship aren't shown in chronological order for some reason, but you can tell that what he originally went there with in his briefcase in his montage was Zod's fingerprints. He was slowly cracking over the course of the film from the knowledge he was getting from the Kryptonian AI.

The three gods I'm talking about are Apollo, Horus, and Jehovah. As far as atlas references go, the only one that seems present is in the posture of the Superman monument. For something truly ham-fisted and of zero narrative importance, here's a shot from Superman Returns.
>>
>>71936758
probably a reference to the The Dark Knight Returns comic
>>
>>71936727
why wouldn't he? that's not even in question here, the point is that that post displays a lack of awareness of the material that is supposedly improperly implemented

at this point, it doesn't matter what the movie did or didn't do because the way its being judged is so off in how it cries foul
>>
>>71936758
Whenever the horses are shown onscreen serve as a parallel to Bruce's mental frame and metamorphosis, Bruce in this instance represents humanity as a whole.

The first time the horse is seen is inside the dust cloud in Metropolis, wandering aimlessly. Humanity has lost its way. This horse has a saddle, but no rider.

>The red capes are coming. You and your hearings, galloping through the streets to warn us. One if by land, two if by air.

Bruce feels the necessity to warn mankind that Superman is a threat, but remember that his judgement is clouded (dust cloud in Metropolis) so he doesn't realize that Clark isn't a real threat (yet).

During the Capitol bombing, a horse is shown standing on its hind legs, a signal of conflict and confrontation. Losing our way can lead to violence and tragedy, which is what happens to Bruce. The horse has a saddle but it's still thrashing with a policeman mounted on it, this scene is very reminiscent of a rider trying to domesticate a wild horse, which is also what Superman is trying to do with mankind: turn it into a force of good through cooperation and a bond of brotherhood.

Jonathan's story of drowning horses brings up the suffering and harm that Superman's birth brought upon mankind. By revealing himself the Kryptonians came to Earth, and Bruce's people died. A necessary evil that Clark and mankind have to learn to live with in order to move forward.

The final time it appears is during Clark's funeral, a two-horse carriage pulls Superman's casket. Mankind has been tamed at last and is ready to work together. Bruce is convinced that he needs to assemble the Justice League, and carry on Clark's legacy.
>>
>>71936727
This has been building since MoS. The use of the imagery is consistently saying the same things while taking on more depth as the story progresses.

There's even an allusion to one of the Greater Arcana from the Tarot during the death sequence. I've yet to see anyone mention that.
>>
>>71936774
>Lex's scenes in the ship aren't shown in chronological order for some reason
this is only true for the montage of him getting what he's after
>>
>>71936831
Ahh, that's true. There's still something hinky with the wardrobe changes, though, I believe. I'd have to watch the scenes again to say for sure.
>>
>>71936802
The criticisms are on point and you just come across as an 'intellectual' fedora tipper that's butthurt your cartoon heroes bombed in every sense. It's a terrible movie and will always be a terrible movie. Deal with it and move on with life because you're wasting your time here. Nothing you do or say can change what is. You've lost.
>>
>>71934646
Why is Snyder such a reactionary faggot? Reading Rand at such a young age must have really fucked his brain.
>>
>>71936873
Thank you for satisfying my minimum dietary requirements for irony.
>>
>>71936885
He's a talentless hack who only gets jobs because of his wife.
>>
>>71936885
He's not nearly as reactionary as his critics, nor anywhere near as biased, from all appearances.
>>
>>71936895
His wife works for him

But you're clearly too much of a retard to understand that.
>>
>>71936892
You're welcome loser :) Now go run along and play with your katanas
>>
>>71936885
He's an autist that literally thinks he's the film maker version of Rorschach.
>>
>>71936873
>you lost my imaginary war between to multi-million companies who make money off our backs by shitting out the same movie over and over again, I am a winner!
This is why capeshit fans fucking disgust me
>>
>>71936908
He works for his wife anon.
>>
File: attachement-512.png (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
attachement-512.png
24 KB, 512x512
>>71934646
look it's high art in my mailbox, must be that JL introduction!
>>
I was facefucking Rachel Weisz whilst she was being choked by Gina Carano and Emily Blunt tongued my asshole, as this is obviously some fantasy world where anything is possible.
>>
>>71936920
>has nothing but projections

This is why I love capecunts, they're so easy to trigger. Posting a pic of my dick in a baby on tumblr wouldn't get as many bites as shitting on BvS does.
>>
File: SuperManners.png (31 KB, 1251x170) Image search: [Google]
SuperManners.png
31 KB, 1251x170
I'm sorry you think the way you do. I still respect you and your right to an opinion. Perhaps someday your views will change.
>>
>>71936873
what? that guy, or you, admitted that the assessment of the movie's use of reference and allusion was already was based on an uninformed basis.

you absolutely cannot say that the criticism in question is on point when it blatantly shows that there is not even a casual knowledge about theology.

and i know this post isn't serious anyway, we all know what it means when someone stops addressing what is being said and starts button mashing
>>
>>71936928
she got hired *with* him
>>
>>71937009
It's called shitposting in a b8 thread.
>>
File: raimi kino.png (2 MB, 2000x964) Image search: [Google]
raimi kino.png
2 MB, 2000x964
Raimi did it 11 years ago.
>>
>>71937380
And Jesus did it over 2k years ago.
>>
>>71937380
>dough face being a savior of humanity
>>
>>71936214
Holy fuck this is bad.

The only reason to hang on a shot in a fight scenes is if the fight is impressive, this is just a guy punching a guy in the face.
>>
>>71934728
>If you seek his monument, look around you

How can Marvel compete? This is art.
>>
>>71937923
Sure, it looks pretty, but it's missing a decent plot. That's kind of important.
>>
File: 1466057612835.jpg (129 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466057612835.jpg
129 KB, 894x1000
>>71934646
I was in theaters opening night
>>
>>71934646
>superman in the light, wonder woman in the dark
>this is the last time they spoke as friends

pottery
>>
>>71936980
I don't watch cape movies, I just think you fuckers are dumb as shit for saying that someone has "lost" because their favourite company movie made less money than the other company movie.
Nobody in marvel/disney or dc/wb gives a mad fuck about you you fucking retards, they are not your friends, even sports fans need some sort of connection with their teams, you are just idiots
>>
>>71934728
So if I take a picture of my turd, make it black & white and turn up the contrast, will I achieve kino too?
>>
File: n-PLOPEGG-628x314.jpg (38 KB, 628x314) Image search: [Google]
n-PLOPEGG-628x314.jpg
38 KB, 628x314
>>71939730

Correct.
>>
File: STOP MY INVINCIBLE SON.jpg (33 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
STOP MY INVINCIBLE SON.jpg
33 KB, 853x353
>>71934646
I dunno, but Supes' father sure as hell had a wacky ride on that tornado to the top of the Himalaya.
>>
>ebin cape kino JAJAJA xD
Go kill yourself
>>
>>71935405
So when Shakespeare makes extremely obvious symbolic analogies and then has his characters explain them in detail, it isn't real symbolism?
>>
>>71934646

I was on this board shitposting in his name
>>
>>71934646
Gal Gadot legs is not like that
>>
>>71935538

KYS
>>
>>71936803
Very good article.
>>
File: 14652549195590.jpg (827 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
14652549195590.jpg
827 KB, 1080x1080
>>71935088
Fan-service 4 u.

Same as Spider-Man in Civil War.

Plebs remained confused, master race enjoyed.
>>
File: 1467223453468-tv.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1467223453468-tv.png
17 KB, 882x758
>>71939815
>Go kill yourself
>>
>>71937909
I think that webm is actually a cool moment and probaby the most memorable part of the fight, which as a whole was too short, boring and generally a huge disappointment
>>
File: fake legs.jpg (27 KB, 753x311) Image search: [Google]
fake legs.jpg
27 KB, 753x311
>>71934646
>>
>>71940267
I can't stand comics and have no idea what aquaman and the flash do, and had never seen their logos before that scene. But the aquaman thing is so obvious. No plebs were confused, especially after the last scene with batman's line "you better call your friends". It clearly is setting up a sequel.
>>
>>71934646
He basically made another Star Wars/Bladerunner type movie.
>>
>>71940570
Yes you can. Just do it.
>>
>>71934646
>BvS
>high art
>>
>>71940633
When I was a kid my dad would buy me the "important" superman and batman issues. I have a copy of when he does to doomsday from back in like 1990 or so. But he got those because he was a comic dork back in the 60s. The closest thing to a comic (only because the comic book store sold them) was ellery queen mystery magazine.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.