[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hp/ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Voldi.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Voldi.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
I always had a few questions regarding Harry potter series and since past few days harry potter threads have been pretty comfy and memeful, i will ask few of them here.

1. how many of you believe or want to believe that harry was a mentally unstable kid living under the stairs and imagined the whole series.

2. How the fuck their finances work? From where they extract all their gold and silver for minting coins? Do goblins extract them and wizards cuck them of their gold or ministry pick a day in the year and raid Queen's palace and steal her gold water tapes and silver cutlery?

i mean most of the people(let's say 50%) worked in ministry. there are no businesses like apple, microsoft, zara, bosch or anything? How the fuck their economy works?
>>
Theres a board for children mate
>>>/lit/
>>
>>71930500
ebin. this board can be used for discussion
>>
>>71930500
m8, if it pleases you, we can only consider movies.

or do i have to post cunny hermione to make the thread more "/tv/".
>>
>>71930837
basically thats /tv/
>>
>>71930462
>how many of you believe or want to believe that harry was a mentally unstable kid living under the stairs and imagined the whole series.
That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>71930837
>or do i have to post cunny hermione to make the thread more "/tv/".
nah just get an epic reddit meme like whomever and then post it here saying its older than the site whilst pretending its not where u got it
>>
>>71931476
Youre autistic to the max yet so stupid
>>
>>71930462
there is no way their economy would work.
why would goblins extract gold from mines and give it to wizards now without getting more valuable things in return.

also, harry being unstable mentally makes thing s pretty dark, so no.
>>
bump
>>
File: 1468380683358.jpg (1 MB, 1578x2881) Image search: [Google]
1468380683358.jpg
1 MB, 1578x2881
What in tarnation did ya expect from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises, boy? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
Also, what the fuck is stopping wizards from moving out of britain?
get your education, move to a village in remote area in spain. cast imperio on a house full with qts and rape and eat all your life.

There is no visa or boundaries or census. How will the ministries even know what is happening in a remote corner?
>>
>>71932841
nothings stopping them im sure its happened, the ministry is of great britain
>>
>>71932841
wizards don't only exist in britain you casual
>>
>>71933299
again, that's the point.

ministries don't have border control shit. i mean you go out of britain and magically make a hut in the woods near beaches of brazil.
there is no way of knowing that where a certain wizard has gone.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.