[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in love with this show. I just watched the episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: Daria_Logo.svg.png (135 KB, 1032x1024) Image search: [Google]
Daria_Logo.svg.png
135 KB, 1032x1024
I'm in love with this show.

I just watched the episode where Quinn proudly announces that Daria is her sister and I'm almost in tears.
>>
File: dariaquote.jpg (54 KB, 530x396) Image search: [Google]
dariaquote.jpg
54 KB, 530x396
My animated waifu. We would've been great together in high school...
>>
oh to be 15 again

underage &b
>>
Edgy show for edgy teens
>>
Teen kino.
>>
>>71928396
I'm watching it right now, I wasn't even aware of this shows existence when I was 15. I probably wouldn't have liked it.
>>
File: jane.png (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
jane.png
92 KB, 500x375
>>71928464

I liked it when it was originally airing. I'm 30 now, rewatched it last year, and still enjoyed it.

Also, Jane > Daria
>>
why has nothing like this ever been done again?
>>
I rewatched it all last year and still end up watching it every now and again. Great show, for the most part. Season 3(?) was absolute dogshit but 1,2 and 5 are great.
>>
File: mtvface.jpg (85 KB, 471x325) Image search: [Google]
mtvface.jpg
85 KB, 471x325
>>71929356
Because everytime MTV attempted animation after this, they got canned quickly due to low ratings. Clone High, for example, was a great little show, but no one watched it so that was it.
>>
>>71929448
I downloaded Cartoon Sushi and Liquid Television episodes from Myspleen a while back. It's what was popular at the time. I remember even back in the Real World Miami days they had a chick comic book artist as one of the roommates. No one is interested in talent or talented people anymore. Cultural shifts and glorified idiocy have taken center stage. Big returns on low investments with the least amount of risk are the way to go.
>>
File: winona_mtv.png (183 KB, 626x471) Image search: [Google]
winona_mtv.png
183 KB, 626x471
>>71929648
Liquid Television was badass. Some of that shit is so strange to watch even now. Primitive computer animation. Plus stuff that was actually drawn by hand...(GASP)

MTV isn't a good barometer of what people like nowadays, at least not as much as it was in the 90s. Its culturally pretty irrelevant. You have to look hard to find examples of talented people on TV nowadays, but they do exist. The current equivalent of Liquid TV would have to be Off The Air on Adult Swim.
>>
>>71929648
All the social media, public hosting, and fund raising sites have made creating original content has allowed corporations to chase the volume they crave while giving individuals the capability to reach individuals. Were in a pretty good place, but not all of its on TV, none of it is on MTV.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.