[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this movie? There's literally no plot,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: come out and ply.jpg (107 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
come out and ply.jpg
107 KB, 1200x500
What was the point of this movie? There's literally no plot, no character development, not set-up to why they fight or who they are.

If was fun I guess in a b-movie way but why is it such a classic?
>>
it's pure kino about true brotherhood
>>
The set up is all in the train ride and the characters names give insight into who they are, the rest of the plot is just an homage to greek mythology
>>
>he couldn't dig it
>>
>>71927398
Play the game too anon, it will all make sense.
>>
The game has it.
>>
>>71927398
U jus don get it
>>
>>71927398
Such faggot
Such gay
Am dissapoint
>>
>>71927398
This movie is pleb filter. But how is possible to hate The Warriors? It's like a classic.
>>
>>71927465
If SoA is Shakespeare, than this is absolutely Greek. And ya, it's Greek to most people who try to 'get it'.
>>
>>71927680
they'd kick your ass.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (110 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
110 KB, 720x1080
>>71927398

>What was the point of this movie? There's literally no plot, no character development, not set-up to why they fight or who they are.

>If was fun I guess in a b-movie way but why is it such a classic?
>>
>>71928069
I dunno if it will be remembered that way. Good point, though. Miller has films that are regarded as classics. It will be remembered, sure. Not as an iconic film out of the blue, though. We had been waiting for him to make this one for years. And the bugger finally did. And we all rested easy. Maybe my time has come and gone. I was barely out of bagdad when the first one came out. I was in junior high before I realized the impact it had. What Fury Road did for the industry Cameron already had done, you know? I'm not a detractor, though. I loved it.
>>
>>71928436
Oh I agree, I guess the point i was making was, not everything needs to be Schindlers List to be good, sometimes 2 hours of violence with just enough of a story to hold it together is enough for a classic to be born
>>
>>71928545
Agreed, agreed. Time will tell. Americans though, for better or worse, decide what will be a classic. And George can't shake the stink of Mel. That might be the factor for this one.
>>
>>71928042
I was referring to OP bitch tits
>>
I can't even pinpoint why I love Warriors so much. Just a super fun film. All the gangs, the gang members, you end up rooting for the Warriors too by the end
>>
>>71928069
>subtle character points
>those subtle moments build into the story

It also has an amazing attitude with effects. Sure everything is colour corrected but it's mentality was practical at its most then cg lightly.

Also it's a film both MRA/anti-sjws and femnazis/SJWs didn't get the point of. Quite ironic.
>>
>>71927398
I have no idea what you mean by "no plot," because there clearly is a plot. It's not even difficult to follow. Are you just stupid?
>>
>>71929485
>they think we shot cyrus

what did rembrandt mean by this?
>>
>>71929477
>MRA/anti-sjws and femnazis/SJWs didn't get the point of. Quite ironic
Meaningless beyond the next few years, and it's years from now that people will be deciding the merits of the thing. Please continue.
>>
>>71929477
>>71929839
That said, I found it very easy to follow along with and understand. I found a rather rich little plot depicted visually. I saw at least one stable character arch, fully fleshed out with one or two lesser developing ones. There is no good reason whatever to suggest it was plot poor. But please, continue.
>>
>>71929485
>they think we shot cyrus

Who was Cyrus? Why did they think they shot him? That's not reallty a plot
>>
>>71930643
You clearly haven't seen it.
Cyrus had the most memorable lines in the kino
>>
File: 256px-Thewarriorscover.jpg (44 KB, 256x335) Image search: [Google]
256px-Thewarriorscover.jpg
44 KB, 256x335
>>71927398
I think rockstar really did a really good job expanding the story
>>
>>71930040
this, if you think the movie has "no plot" you're literally film illiterate. a simple plot can be as interesting and well-written as anything else.
>>
>>71927398
Thalatta! Thalatta!
>>
>>71928000
It's based on the Greek story the Anabasis about an army trapped in enemy territory trying to get back home.
>>
File: Ajax.jpg (4 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
Ajax.jpg
4 KB, 303x166
>>71927398
OP's gone faggot......not surpising.
>>
>>71930643
>Who was Cyrus?

>'They say he's the one and only.'
>'Magic... Whole lotta magic.'
>'When you're president of the biggest gang in the city you don't gotta take no one's shit.'

Did you even watch the fucking movie your faggot
>>
File: This just in.jpg (4 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
This just in.jpg
4 KB, 247x204
Sorry bout' that....
>>
>>71927398
>There's literally no plot

Entire movie is plot-driven.

>no character development

The main character is Swan, who transitions from detatched to caring about Mercy.

>not set-up to why they fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58UD3jU86pY

>or who they are.

YOU'RE STANDING WITH NINE DELIGATES

FROM A HUNDRED GANGS

AND THERE'S A HUNDRED MORE
>>
>What was the point of this movie?

No reason. I just like doing things like that!
>>
File: Jesus approves.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Jesus approves.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>71934277
>>
File: Can you dig it.jpg (248 KB, 1600x897) Image search: [Google]
Can you dig it.jpg
248 KB, 1600x897
Ah....the 70's.....
>>
>>71933198
It still amazes me that a fucking video game adaption can add to a licensed story and not shit on it.
>>
>>71927398
Watch Rubble Kings
>>
>>71934377
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YOUUUUUUUU DIIIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIT!?!?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.