[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey! Kev Smith here...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Kevin-Smith-010.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Kevin-Smith-010.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
Hey! Kev Smith here...
>>
>it's a Ralph starts shitting on someone and Kev has to defend them otherwise his wife will get mad at him episode
>>
File: #kev -11.jpg (46 KB, 401x522) Image search: [Google]
#kev -11.jpg
46 KB, 401x522
Here's what happened after he told his wife he didn't think the new Ghostbusters was that funny.
>>
>But even those highlights don’t help the film when it collapses into a shambling mix of monster movie clichés, impressions by Smith’s podcast cohort Ralph Garman, and terrible visual effects (the Nazi bratwurst, played by Smith, is the worst piece of CGI I’ve seen in more than a decade; probably more). But that’s the trick with this new era of Kevin Smith; by stating from the start that he’s not bothering to please anyone but himself, he renders himself — and his films — immune from criticism. On one hand, I certainly admire it. He gives himself total creative freedom, unburdens himself from the weight of critique, and is able to have fun making the things he feels like making. Don’t get mad if the movie’s not good, goes the argument; he wasn’t trying to make a good movie anyway!

>And as long as Smith has a loyal audience waiting to see his next project, everything works out just fine. (The Colleens will be returning in Smith’s next Canada-set film, simply titled Moose Jaws.) But it’s also hard not to be a little bummed out at how his career has evolved. Clerks was the debut of a edgy, comic indie voice. Chasing Amy demonstrated that the guy behind those jokes actually had a sentimental heart and romantic worldview he was trying to express. Dogma was a confused young Catholic actively trying to reconcile his faith. Today’s Kevin Smith is a guy that doesn’t seem to be pushing himself or trying to stretch at all. He’s a filmmaker who has decided "good enough" is good enough, and that’s a shame. Not because his bizarre, new quirky films won’t bring joy to those that love them — but because he used to seem capable of so much more.
>>
i listened to his podcasts/ interviews for a few weeks but i started to hear the same stories over and over
>>
I lost most of my hope in the man when he announced that Mallrats 2 was going to be a miniseries.
If Clerks 3 is as good as 2 was, I may have some more faith in his career.
>>
>>71927142
Is that really him? What's the story?
>>
>>71928242
>Mallrats 2 was going to be a miniseries
JUST LIKE HIT SOMEBODY RIGHT YOU FAT FUCK?
>>
>>71927043
>thanks Kevin, I...
>bong rip
>Dude wasn't it funny when I'm going to talk over you for the next 50 minutes because I'm getting stoned?
>>
>>71927043
Why do you hate Bruce Willis?
>>
File: 20160513081933_1.jpg (323 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160513081933_1.jpg
323 KB, 1600x900
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>71928341
Kevin's directorial style just clashes with Willis, I guess.
And by directorial style, I mean applying mid-90s indie film techniques to modern movies.
>>
>hey, fat kev smith here
>hey, too fat too fly here
>hey, the guy who made clerks here
>hey, the guy who made the wurst movie here
>>
>>71927043

Prolly b8, but wtf...

Man, I loved Clerks. Perfect age for seeing it (mid-20's), and huge Star Wars fan. Liked Clerks even more (in a different way). My wife loved Chasing Amy...but I just hated it...she still doesn't know. And then, for me, every film got worse, and worse. Hated Dogma, J&SB and whatever those mainstream attempts were.

Dude, I was at the point of writing you off. However, Red State was amazing! Same with Tusk! I get this new stuff. Looking forward to Yoga Hosers.

Keep making this stuff, please!
>>
>>71928689

sorry, meant Mallrats after clerks...drunk
>>
>>71928491
because WB?
and because the GL episode of Duck Dodgers is their best one after the Samurai Jack episode.
>>
>>71928773
Not the duck.
>>
File: smells bad man.png (3 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
smells bad man.png
3 MB, 1500x1000
kevin smith sucks ass
>>
>>71927043
Oh how the mediocre have fallen.
>>
>>71928949
>cries at something stupid
>>
>>71927109
>he still listens to HBO
Literally the same jokes and voices for 6 years straight now, had to stop listening 6 months ago. Shit besides TESD I don't listen to any Smod shows anymore.
>>
>>71930215
Nah I stopped at the start of the year too. Kev got too unbearable. I still listen to Smodcast cause of based Mos, but even that's starting to die. At least TESD is still GOAT
>>
>>71930254
He really started to suck when he went full SJW. Complaining about this show or that movie not having black characters or women characters as if he had an interesting woman character past Dogma or a black character that was something other than a side character past Mallrats.
>>
>>71928283
Fuck I hate this place
>>
>>71930368
His wife fucked him up man, she's a hardcore feminist. Kev never had a chance
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.