[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/advanced/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12
File: La Moisson (1997).jpg (47 KB, 628x480) Image search: [Google]
La Moisson (1997).jpg
47 KB, 628x480
Thread for those who've been watching cinema seriously for 5+ years and have advanced past capeshit, mainstream movies and the same old flicks.

Don't be offended, this is not meant to be pretentious, its just some of us have moved past IMDb-core, indie flicks and the latest hyped blockbuster and have more developed tastes. Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

What good films have you been enjoying lately?
>>
i saw 1800s short films on the internet when i was a kid so i count
>>
Is there a reason the gang at the shack didn't just shoot Hangman right when he first arrives
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 186x271
Top tier shit right here
>>
>>71922332

So what are the resources allowed to look up films for /advanced/?

I assume anything popular and easy to use is out, because that is the hipster way. How do you find films without these resources?

If you avoid flicks, indies, and blockbusters wouldn't you have to avoid watching all films because of the worry that they may not live up to standards?
>>
File: Chart.jpg (1017 KB, 1636x1744) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
1017 KB, 1636x1744
>>71922611
mubi and letterboxd

heres some lists

https://mubi.com/lists/fs-7d6169ee-b3ea-4429-9a01-4a1b27c584a0

https://mubi.com/lists/abstract-or-enigmatic-animation

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls052878965?ref_=nm_rls_3

https://mubi.com/lists/short-films-courts-metrages
>>
>>71922661

Good stuff. Thanks anon
>>
File: starter kits.jpg (215 KB, 736x1371) Image search: [Google]
starter kits.jpg
215 KB, 736x1371
>>71922661
>>
YAY!! Another try at the pretentious general desperately repasta'd by probably the same idiot. Would cost much to change this garbage OP and make something decent and inviting, instead of what is by now a metacry for ironic shitposting? Hmmm, of course it would...
>>
>>71922782
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>71922806
whoa nice one!
>i may not be able to drill down to the facts of the matter and drop gems like he does, but i'll always have my ol' end-your-life standby. yes, yes, when the intricacies of the conversation overwhelm me, a suggestion for the other person to willingly put a stop to their time on this planet is a sure bet. i can open up steam and play peacefully knowing i came out on top, because nothing beats a panicked plea for suicide
pissant
>>
>>71922806
You first, darling
>>
>>71922841
>>71922850
>Offended /lbg/ucks can't handle advanced kino and relentlessly shitpost.
>>
>>71922877
>/lbg/ embryo finds one general not enough, so shitposts by forcing his garbage one
hmmmmmmm
>>
>>71922877
you tell me, you're the child using the term kino.
>>
>>71922927
>>71922936
see >>71922877

>Offended /lbg/ucks can't handle advanced kino and relentlessly shitpost.
>>
>>71922661
So why shouldn't I find you pretentious? Why should I believe your tastes come from a better perspective and not just being a cynical asshole contrarion?

What, in our filthy peasant words if you would, makes the films you enjoy superior?
>>
File: CaptaiN_America_civil_war.jpg (200 KB, 1000x1432) Image search: [Google]
CaptaiN_America_civil_war.jpg
200 KB, 1000x1432
>>71922332
>>71922611
>>71922661
>>71922687
>>71922696
>>71922806
>>71922927

Have you guys seen this film? Thought it was appropriate for the thread.
>>
It's not like film will ever be even half as deep as a book so only looking for pretentious shit is pointless. It's like being the least retarded kid in a special ed class.
>>
>>71923016
What is pretentious in looking to more experimental films?

You are projecting hard and/or insecure as hell.
>>
>>71922972
Observe >>71922927
>/lbg/ embryo finds one general not enough, so shitposts by forcing his garbage one

>>71923025
Yes, it is. Good sound design :^)
>>
It's like people get offended when you tell them to fuck off with their IMDB experience of cinema.

Hilarious, and it works every time.

>>71922661
What's keeping me from inviting fake e-mail accounts to MUBI and keep leeching off free time like that? I haven't done it yet th0
>>
File: red desert big.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2063) Image search: [Google]
red desert big.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2063
>>71923016
what you on about senpai, some guy asked for films that are harder to look up

im just tryna help out, these threads are p shit but lurked a couple and i think people need to look for more films

i think u are getting a bit too angry lad
>>
>>71923076
> watching cinema seriously
> advanced past capeshit, mainstream movies
> IMDb-core

As far as I can tell, movies are illustrated stories meant to make you feel a certain way or convey a certain idea, usually for the purpose of entertainment.

So what is it about any of the movies you consider /advanced/ that makes them better at making a point or producing emotions?

What is objectively different about them?
>>
File: dust in the wind.jpg (963 KB, 2100x1552) Image search: [Google]
dust in the wind.jpg
963 KB, 2100x1552
>>71923201
because you gotta give card info for each account, tried it before but ended up subbing, its the best site around desu
>>
>>71923229
Because this is for people who want to explore it more deeply. How is this a hard concept to get? Nobody is saying they're fucking better, they're more experimental, or maybe extremely low budget or something like that.

Nobody is even forcing you to stay here shitposting about Civil War.

>>71923272
>Card info.
The what info? It asks me to invite friends, I could just do that with another IP, another e-mail and make that shit up and collect free days.
>>
>>71923201
>It's like people get offended when you tell them to fuck off with their IMDB experience of cinema.
>Hilarious, and it works every time.
Isn't it even more awesome because this is totally what is not happening in this thread? Like, wow
>>
File: black narcissus.jpg (1 MB, 2952x2160) Image search: [Google]
black narcissus.jpg
1 MB, 2952x2160
>>71923335
inviting friends was suggested to me but i did it and never saw any results

if i could be bothered to try again id prob go down that route

i was talking about making a new mubi account and getting a month trial then re-doing it
>>
File: iesenburnt.png (254 KB, 487x422) Image search: [Google]
iesenburnt.png
254 KB, 487x422
>>71923335
> Nobody is saying they're fucking better, they're more experimental
> advanced past capeshit, mainstream movies
> IMDb-core
That's some egotistical shit right there, bro. OP could have just said he wanted to talk about experimental or unknown films, but instead he came off so pretentious that I'm still not sure if it's bait or not. Either way, fuck it.
>>
>>71923229
I think OP is just looking for movies made for adults. If you still like to pretend that you're ironman, that's fine, nobody is judging you. Stop being so insecure and go enjoy your popcorn flicks.
>>
File: Orpheus (1950.jpg (187 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Orpheus (1950.jpg
187 KB, 1440x1080
Let's remind ourselves to never respond to shitposters and bait.

By the way, what are your thoughts on the oeuvre of the eminent Cocteau?

>>71922611
I've found a lot of interesting films and directors, like Kazuo Hara and Masao Adachi, in the Harvard Film Archive. You can find it here: http://hcl.harvard.edu/hfa/
>>
>>71923560
>tfw live in a small town far up in north of Europe and don't have access to any film source like HFA.

A-at least I got public trackers and MUBI whenever there is something of worth showing.
>>
One of the best films I've seen in a while. Liberals and modernist hate it thought.

Performance by Brendan Gleeson is top notch too
>>
>>71923560
>Let's remind ourselves to never respond to shitposters and bait.
How can you say that yourself, while you try to promote what is a shitposting general with a pathetic disguise? You literally invite all the shitposting you will ever get. No need to answer, /lbg/' butthurt kid.
>>
>>71923647
Damn son someone is upset that not everyone likes his IMDB and capeshit.
>>
>>71923544
He's not. Retards that don't know better will buy the bullshit, it seems.
>>
>>71923677
Whatever you want to believe. Keep helping a cancer general to try to exist
>>
>>71923683
>If it is not on IMDB it is bullshit.
Please off yourself nulbg.
>>
>>71923737
>le desperate projection
Even funnier considering that it's from a /lbg/ child of 2016
>>
La Haine is pure kino. discuss.
>>
>Thread for those who've been watching cinema seriously for 5+ years and have advanced past capeshit, mainstream movies and the same old flicks.

>Don't be offended, this is not meant to be pretentious, its just some of us have moved past IMDb-core, indie flicks and the latest hyped blockbuster and have more developed tastes. Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

>What good films have you been enjoying lately?

"THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD, GUYS"
>>
>>71923866
You are so fucking riled up that even after the thread has died you get butthurt.

Good job shitposting it to death.
>>
>>71923897
Good. But nothing is certain. Unfortunately the duped ones could fill this cancer experiment with posts. Wouldn't be at all hard to make a quality thread for film discussion, instead of this shitfest that one /lbg/ babby tries to promote.
>>
>>71923983
>It's le good to shitpost the thread
You need to go back to redrdit and tumblrboxd general spamming yikes and fuck the bunny
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.