[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these literally flawless movies? >top-tier story, characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.jpg (260 KB, 1452x701) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.jpg
260 KB, 1452x701
Are these literally flawless movies?

>top-tier story, characters
>goat kinography
>good acting
>no niggers
>goat score
>no sellout

Unironically: Find a flaw, ANY flaw
>>
>>71921232
>no niggers
>haha im so edgy and racist xD
Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
Fellowship when they're running through that hall in the mountain, watch how CG Gandalf runs, it's hilariously awful.
>>
>>71921232
CG is meh at times.
>>
It's a very good trilogy, but not flawless.

TTT has some pretty bad pacing issues, and Hackson made some really retarded decisions in RotK
>>
>>71921289
>Stop joking
>The internet is supposed to be 100% serious
Back to /tumblr/
>>
>>71921289
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>71921232

The first one is both the best fantasy film ever made and the best adaptation of a book to film ever made.

I wasn't impressed with the other two. The focus on large battles took away from the individuals, bad attempts at comedy intruded on what should have been very serious scenes, Legolas started to become the Mary Sue he is today, and Sauron somehow looked like much less of a threat when he revealed himself.
>>
>>71921289
>irony
Nigger it's post-irony age. You gotta do better then that redpham
>>
>>71921416
How about you name them fuckhead
>>
>>71921232
There are at least three scenes were you can see a camera or a piece of set equipment, like in Osgiliath when the orcs are entering on their boats and the chains are visible underneath.

The dumb warg attack in TTT and Aragorn falling off a cliff was stupid.

Elijah Wood was a bad Frodo, and the writing for Frodo and Sam was bad. Liv Tyler wasn't a great Arwen and had too many scenes.

Dropping Glorfindl was a bad decision.

The pacing in Return of the King was a little off, and they should have done the Shire/Saruman's death.

Overall I enjoyed it, I agree that they are among the best movies ever filmed.
>>
>>71921590
>everything with Denethor
>Army of the Dead deus ex machina
>the fucking Legolas oliphant scene
>>
>>71921232
The eagles should have just flown the ring to mordor.
>>
>>71921232
fellowship is pretty flawless, towers and king both have their issues
>>
File: ,.,,..jpg (94 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
,.,,..jpg
94 KB, 888x499
>>71921289
we run tv you idiot this is recognized on pol as our official colony
>>
There were some extended scenes that were pretty fucking terrible, Saruman's death probably being the low point of the trilogy
>>
>>71921784
I understand why that scene was done the way iit was, but it still bothers me a lot.

Saruman was at the top of the tower, and they were having the conversation as if they we 30 feet from each other. Also, Legolas had no problem hitting Wormtongue from the ground, even though Orthanc is like 400 feet tall. It just felt like a very poorly organized scene.
>>
It was shit, The Hobbit trilogy was way better because by then, Jackson had learned from his mistakes
>>
>>71921702
i dont think you fully grasp the concept of a deus ex machina... also denethor was great
>>
>>71921960
(You)
>>
>>71921884
yeah that WAS poorly done huh
they mentioned it just being cobbled together in the appendices
>>
Not even gracing this shit with a proper (You)

Also as a whole LotR is probably the GOAT trilogy.
>>
>>71922010
The purpose of the Army of the Dead was to stop the Corsairs from showing up to the battle with reinforcements.

In the the movie they just show up and win the battle.
>>
>>71921607
>they should have done the Shire/Saruman's death
They really shouldn't have.
>>
>>71921232
>find a flaw

--Every FX shot has dated badly.
--The makeup has dated badly
--The shitty "forced perspective" shots to make Gandalf look huge.
--The over-reliance of CGI as the movies went on.
--The trilogy is actually six books, which creates a momentum-killing moment in the first movie, and up to 4 parallel story-lines simultaneously by the third movie, it's too much of a mess.... a problem continued into The Hobbit trilogy, which was unwatchable.

These movies aren't great, they're just the only fantasy movies to come out since Willow in 1988.
>>
>>71921289
Fuck off nigger
>>
File: 1378965800264.jpg (1 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1378965800264.jpg
1 KB, 100x100
>>71922235
>>
>>71922193
sure, explain how its a "deus ex machina" senpai
>>
>>71921289
You could've pointed out how there ARE niggers in Sauron's army, thus proving the OP wrong. But you had to make a fool of yourself.
>>
>>71921702
>everything with Denethor
What about it? I though it was ridiculously good and that he was portrayed exactly as he should have been.

>Army of the Dead deus ex machina
Army of the dead is exactly as deus ex machina as in the books. Also think about how the battle would have gone if there were no deus ex machina at all? Just a bunch of fighting and then eventually the good guys just are better at fighting and slowly overpower Saurons armies? Would work poor in a movie and be underwhelming.

>the fucking Legolas oliphant scene
This is the biggest flaw that is actually one. Really all these kinds of scenes are complete shit like the one where I think he surfs down a staircase or something? Not sure the purpose of that was other than telling us oh how great those alves really are and oh how cool this Legolas is.
>>
>>71921607
>The dumb warg attack in TTT and Aragorn falling off a cliff was stupid.
Because of the way dual-layer DVDs work, there was an awkward pause back in the day when Aragorn went off the cliff as the disc changed layer
>>
>>71921607
>There are at least three scenes were you can see a camera or a piece of set equipment, like in Osgiliath when the orcs are entering on their boats and the chains are visible underneath.
Minor, but sure

>The dumb warg attack in TTT and Aragorn falling off a cliff was stupid.
It was pointless but not terrible

>Elijah Wood was a bad Frodo, and the writing for Frodo and Sam was bad. Liv Tyler wasn't a great Arwen and had too many scenes.
Agreed.

>Dropping Glorfindl was a bad decision.
He's a cool character but I don't think he was necessary for the film

>The pacing in Return of the King was a little off, and they should have done the Shire/Saruman's death.
Are you serious?
>>
File: 1467976067302.jpg (8 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
1467976067302.jpg
8 KB, 323x241
First film is 9/10 at minimum, many here say 10/10.

Two Towers and especially Return of the King drop off in quality after that. Good battle scenes and moments but the sense of adventure and wonderment at the world isn't nearly as intense as in FOTR. I'd give TT a 7.5/10 and ROTK 7/10.
>>
>>71921232
>Find a flaw, ANY flaw
Dominic Monaghan
>>
>>71921232
Aragorn is a fucking gary stu, Legolas cannot into the laws of physics and Gimli is a bad joke.
>>
File: 1467981618268.jpg (1 MB, 2880x2000) Image search: [Google]
1467981618268.jpg
1 MB, 2880x2000
Does someone have these for TTT and ROTK?
>>
>>71922614
>flaw
Do you not understand how words work?
>>
Boring as fuck adaptations of the worst series of fantasy novels ever written.
>>
>>71922545
I remember there was also a pause in RotK when the orc leader spits at the catapult stone, and the troll looks at him confused. Was I the only one who experienced this or was it common?
>>
@71922712
no you for this bait
>>
>>71922640
It would be shit anyways. FotR is the only one that is colorful. TTT is full of blue and RotK is full of bright yellow. I don't know why Jackson chose these monotone color schemes for the latter 2 films. Fellowship was so vibrant with colors
>>
>>71921232
2nd part was boring
>>
>>71922774
>muh colors
I just want to see the entire movie in one picture you autist
>>
Trilogy has some minor continuity issues and a lot of illogical/stupid things done by characters. Like, why would they spare Grima and even let him run away on a fucking horse? Why did Gandalf let them go through the mines if he was highly suspectful of "shadow and fire"?
>>
>turn all the lights off
>set a fire in the grate, get it crackling away
>turn on Fellowship
>room lit only by the fire and the tv
>friends and I chilling, sipping ice cold beer
>marathon Lord of the Rings until the sun comes up
>most people don't make it all the way through
>the few of us that do turn to each other as the RoTK credits roll past
>that moment of brotherhood and friendship as the credits music signs off such a beautiful trilogy

Truly the cosiest films in existence
>>
File: 1452914014082.jpg (65 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
1452914014082.jpg
65 KB, 300x299
Eagles
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
>You shall be The Fellowship of the Ring® (Four-Disc Bluray™ 720p Special Extended Edition). Please insert disc two.

wow really made me think. what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71922914
That redditors always try to push old memes they weren't here for
>>
>>71921607
Thank fuck you aren't making films
>>
TTT had way too much fake deaths.
>>
>slow motion and choral music = emotion
>>
>>71922839
They had to go through the mines because the path over the mountains was watched by Saruman, did you even watch the film you retard?
>>
>>71923001
epic reply
>>
>>71921335
not for when they were released
>>
my friends, you bow to no one

'no'

i cry everytiem
>>
File: Mr. Anderson.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Anderson.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>71922914
>not using my OC
>>
>>71922631
Aragorn has sue qualities but was portrayed so well by Viggo Mortensen that the audience totally buys him.

Legolas barely says anything in the first movie and occasionally takes an amazing shot with his bow. He gets worse in the other movies, but the other movies are worse in general.

Gimli is a fucking badass.
>>
>>71921232
and there was me thinking the orcs were the middle earth version of niggers.
>>
>>71924753
Orcs are gooks.
>>
>>71921232
They literally could off just took the eagles there in the first film instead of spending three movies walking there
>>
>>71921232
stop with the meme only the first one is good the rest are mediocre
>>
>>71921960
You think you're shitposting but you're not. Hobbit movies were better, but not by much.
>>
>>71922235
>they're just the only fantasy movies to come out since Willow in 1988.
Dragonheart came out in between. Also the shitty Dungeons & Dragons movie.
>>
>>71924790
I like how Jackson reused the orcs in King Kong to portray Malayan/polyniggers.
>>
>>71922712
>worst series of fantasy novels ever written.
wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4OYYjXWCoI
>>
>>71921289
Are you new to this website or something, nigger?
>>
>>71922914
>>71924283
Pretty sure disc 2 was after Pippin asks where they were going
>>
>>71922761
newfag
>>
The half hour ending to wrap up every characters story was padding trash
>>
The Return of the King had too many endings, but to be fair to it...The book had even more endings.
>>
>>71924283
holy shit, how did jackson get away with this? the 00s were truly a different time
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.