[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of pic related? Is it worth watching? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Ripper-Street[1].jpg (368 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ripper-Street[1].jpg
368 KB, 1440x1080
What do you think of pic related? Is it worth watching?

I've read some reviews about it and the show seems pretty good, but I don't know anyone who's actually seen it...
>>
I liked it. Didnt it get cancelled though?
>>
>>71914597
It did?
I don't know, I'm about to start it tonight.

Bummer to know that though... at least they released 4 seasons from what I have read so there's enough to watch for a while.
>>
File: inspectah shine.jpg (284 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inspectah shine.jpg
284 KB, 1280x720
>>71914448
It's alright.
Great performances by the main cast, especially macfadyen.
However it does get really boring midway through season 1 and never really comes back out.
Also, you should no that there is no ripper or ripping EVER.
It's just random police cases, some really fucking dull.
And this guy should have been a regular, perhaps even main antagonist but he never shows up again as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>71914448
I've only seen the first season but it was pretty good. I intend to watch the rest but haven't got round to it yet.
>>
>>71914727
>Also, you should no that there is no ripper or ripping EVER.

bummer, that's what I was looking for the most...
>>
Its just about whitechapel and is set after the ripper murders. Imo, it was never implied that the ripper would come back, its just about dealing with the aftermath.
>>
>>71915235
The first episode is basically
>omg someones been ripped oh no wait it was made to look like it
>all look right into camera
>I guess it's time we put the ripper behind us and begin a new era of other things
>wink
>>
I dunno but if you like old timey british stuff try Houdini and Doyle it's fucking AMAZING.
>>
It's like watching spot the GoT actor. So far I recall Bron, Benjen Stark and Jorah.
>>
>>71914448
It's got a lot of GOT actors on it. It's mostly case of the week show but it's a pretty good show. Other than Bronn and McFayden the guy that plays the ex-pinkerton is good too. If you like Whitechapel, Peaky Binders, Penny Dreadful, Murdoch Mysteries and Copper you'll like Ripper Street. Netflix them all for Victorian tv kino.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.