[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghostbusters 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Ghostbusters_ii_poster.jpg (143 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters_ii_poster.jpg
143 KB, 300x445
OK I give up.

Why the FUCK do people hate this?

I seriously feel like everyone's playing a prank on me.
>>
File: image.png (814 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
814 KB, 1136x640
Because people are stupid.

https://youtu.be/0K1WZUfvE54
>>
>>71913988

It's not as good as the first but it's unfairly hated on. I think it's scarier and darker than the first. It also had to live up to the expectations of the first.

I also think since it's more family oriented people tend to hate on it. Either way, it's a fine sequel.
>>
>>71913988
This gave me so many scares and chills as a kid.
>>
when fedora fags grow up they like to spit on things that appealed to them as kids as a "look at me I've grown up so much" type of attitude

pretty much people will criticize:
>more slapstick tone
>shitty new characters
>"feel good" slime
>cheesy statue of liberty scene
>>
people hate nintendo
>>
>>71913988
6.5 on imdb is hardly hated on, why the need to post these shitty threads, can't u find something better to pass the time with, i mean how fucking bored can you be
>>
The beginning was slow, depressing, and messed up. Compared to the ending of the first film, they were heroes. Now they were zeros. Peter wasn't with Dana. Louis was an accountant and now a lawyer? Wtf.

The ending was on par or better than the first film. I also liked how Louis and Janime got together.
>>
>>71913988
It's never been as good as the first, so it wasn't hated just set aside. Now that Fembusters is coming out, every dishonest faggot on the planet is dredging it up and smearing it through their shit to "prove" Ghostbusters isn't sacred.

Literally just faggots.
>>
>>71913988

Uninspired rehash. Just repeats the same plot of the original instead of something interesting. Ghost Busters are still seen as frauds for some reason. Feels more aimed at kids with silly nonsense.

The Statue of Liberty was pretty dumb too and a lame attempt at being another Stay Puft. None of it even makes sense.
>>
>>71914398
This.

If you were a kid when it came out maybe you hold it dear for nostalgia purposes but the movie itself fucking sucks.
>>
I don't think anyone hates it, they just think it's inferior to the first one. I agree with that, but it's by no means a bad movie.
>>
>>71913988

it still wasn't as bad as Slimer and The Real Ghostbusters. Extreme tried to salvage back the serious tones and adult humor but got victimized by its own marketing. There was zero reason to call it EXTREME Ghostbusters other than "it was the 90's"
>>
>>71914713

Don't you ever talk shit about The Real Ghostbusters
>>
File: 1467523918405.jpg (374 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467523918405.jpg
374 KB, 1200x1600
>>71913988

Do you remember laughing at a single fucking thing in that?

It was released in a time where having a single bad joke made your film a comedy and it even failed at that.
>>
>>71914922

Season 2 onwards broseph.

They changed the title and made way more slapsticky, way less serious, gave Slimer more screentime, and changed Janine into a nanny. Even the original writing staff hated working on it.
>>
>tfw always liked it better than the first one when I was a kid
>>
File: Cometh05.jpg (25 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
Cometh05.jpg
25 KB, 400x306
>>71914713

The Boogeyman from that series and his world of connected closets is genius and was ripped off hundreds of times.
>>
Kid friendly, watered down cartoon movie. Threat is stupid.
>>
>>71915101
>>71914922

do you guys even read?

SLIMER and The Real Ghostbusters was the later seasons that tanked the series to shit. Season 1 is fucking amazing but producer meddling changed a ton of shit later on and it degraded heavily. There's even a documentary about it and some nobody on youtube rambled on about the details it was interesting how nostalgia blinded me from the shit part of the series for so long. My bad for not clarifying.
>>
I think it's mostly just because it follows the exact same story structure and plot points as the first movie.

Despite that though, I still enjoy it and I can't ignore all the great jokes in it, especially from Harold Ramis.
>>
>>71915069
>>71915213

The only thing I really remember was the voice actor changing from based Lorenzo Music to that faggot Dave Coulier. Even as a kid I hated him.
>>
First Ghostbusters had Bill Murray at his prime firing all cilinders.

The sequel had him sleepwalking and barely giving a fuck.

Also, the MUH FEELS slime was a terrible gimmick.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ
>>
>>71915349

nice little factoid bout that full house faggot.

they literally redubbed Season 1 episodes with Coulier replaceing Venkman and the new Janine voice replacing the old one when the series was in syndication.

Also yes Lorenzo was based as fuck. He will always be the definitive Garfield.
>>
>>71914713
>EXTREME Ghostbusters

To this day, I am still butthurt that there wasn't an episode with Samhain. I mean, THE FUCKER WAS IN THE END CREDITS.
>>
>>71913988
It's a rehash of the first film, but not nearly as good.

It does have a few good points to it, like Vigo and Janosz. The bit with the Statue of Liberty is kind of fun. I kind of liked Cheech's cameo, you know, the scene where the Titanic comes back and Cheech is like "better late than never." Oh, the the slinky line with Egon is funny. Good delivery. And when Rick Moranis talks about becoming a dog to the judge, it's kinda good.

That's the best it gets, though: kinda good. At its heart, Ghostbusters 2 is just a lackluster sequel made to cash in on the success of the first. It's pretty clear that Bill Murray didn't really want to do it and doesn't have his heart in this one at all. Harold Raimis is just there for the money, too. I think Dan Akroyd is the only member of the original cast excited to be back, but only because he's a simple-minded idiot in real life (insert some kind of reference to Crystal Skull Vodka and aliens not coming to Earth after 9/11 here). The rest are just in it for the paycheck.

So is it the worst movie ever? No. Judged apart from the first movie, it's an adequate movie. It's fun enough. As a sequel, though, it's a bit disappointing because the first one is really great. In summary, Ghostbusters II isn't bad, but it doesn't quite live up to Ghostbusters I.
>>
>>71915101
That was some great stuff. I always liked the cartoon more than the movies because they were bustin some pretty cool ghosts. There was that one, the sandman I think. Those were some pretty good episodes.
>>
>>71913988

I love it.

The court scene with the Scolari Brothers is fantastic through and through. We get to see direct humans to ghost examples, get a bit of backstory on them, and watch the boys do their thing. I love it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.