[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most unsettling horror movie you ever watched?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (463 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
463 KB, 500x257
What is the one horror movie you saw that was the most unsettling/creepy/unpleasant/uneasy and that just really had a disturbing setting/feeling about it?
>>
File: Malpertius (1971).webm (2 MB, 1280x683) Image search: [Google]
Malpertius (1971).webm
2 MB, 1280x683
>>71912795
Malpertius
Kill List
The Witch had some good moments
Don't Look Now
>>
Grifter
>>
inland empire was super scary to me
that dv camera look and general feel of not knowing whats going to happen was really well put together
>>
Not horror at all but Eraserhead is the movie I had the hardest time finishing. The soundtrack is easily the most unsettling I've ever heard
>>
Ringu. Maybe because I'm not used to jhorror, but something about it made me anxious as hell.
>>
I can't remember the last time I was scared by a movie. Even all of my horror-fan friends are like "Dude watch Martyrs its so fucked up" but I just think it's cool and interesting to watch..Even the superdeep french ending was just like "yeah fuckin sweet" it wasn't scary or unsettling
>>
The Borderlands
>>
shutter (thai original) for some reason.
>>
>>71912795
Cannibal Holocaust after eating mushrooms
>>
i started watching The Witch and had to stop. i just dont want that kind of thing etched into my mind, its too disturbing
>>
This would be awful >>71914161
>>
File: session-9-carruso.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
session-9-carruso.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
Session 9 really fucked me up, I think I cried a few times through out the film as I was figuring out what was going on. Kinda bad acting and a predictable story, but it took me by a bit of a surprise, the moment I put it all together I cried so hard I woke up my ex who was sleeping next to me. Maybe I'm just a bitch.
>>
>>71912795
Jacob's Ladder.
>>
>>71913462

Underrated
>>
>>71912795
Melancholie der Engel
>>
>>71912795
What's the gif from?
>>
>>71914387
Begotten
>>
>>71912874
Kill list and the witch are the only 'horror' films i've enjoyed for years.
>>
It isn't a movie, but I get totally and completely fucked up by Black Mirror on basically every episode.
Especially White Christmas. That one was fuuuuuuuuuuucked
>>
>>71914443
Yeah that one looks unsettling.
>>
>>71912795

A Serbian Film, the uncut screener.
>>
Henry:Portrait of a serial killer

It was right at the very start of my teenage interest into serial killers and it shocked the hell out of me. Great movie.
>>
>>71914738
It's not fear that I felt there, it was more like a deep understanding of just how cruel and petty a race the English are.

Seconding ringu and suggesting descent, which at times was pretty good. The debated ending thing hits like a punch in the gut.
>>
In terms of a film I actually liked: Kill List. After I watched it the first time I felt really numb. The ending stayed with me for a couple of days after to the point where I had to tell a friend of mine all about it just to get it off my chest how much it affected me. You could see the ending coming but it still felt like I'd been physically punched in the gut after I watched it.

As for a film that I found very creepy and unpleasant and similarly seemed to hang around my thoughts for a while afterwards: Funny Games. I get that part of the point of the film was to deconstruct the idea that people watch horror films because they on some level enjoy seeing innocent people get killed, and it worked pretty well at achieving that, but that doesn't mean I didn't hate it. The fourth wall breaking moments were pretty egregious as well, the TV remote scene was basically the director saying "This film isn't going to have a happy ending." Felt to me like a definite case of "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it."
>>
>>71914266
Session 9 had great atmosphere what with being set in irl abandoned Danvers mental institution just before it was demolished, and the acting was fine imo. Those fucking tapes shit me up though, especially the last one.
>>
File: vase de noces.jpg (93 KB, 521x700) Image search: [Google]
vase de noces.jpg
93 KB, 521x700
Anyone's seen it?
>>
Rosemary's Baby fucked with me, man.
>>
The Hunt
>>
Death Powder fuckin plebs
>>
When I was at University my AV Club got their hands on an uncensored theatrical release of The Last House on the Left (1972 version) and were going to screen it at night on Halloween.
Me and a buddy went and thought it would be fun to get high before hand. That film fucked me up something bad and gave me nightmares and social anxiety outside for about a month afterwards.

I tried rewatching it stone cold sober to convince myself it's not that bad but I only made it about 7 minutes in before I had to stop.
>>
>>71914161
as someone who's also done mushrooms I can only say: Why the fuck would you do such a thing you absolute madman
>>
>>71916942
>being high / tripping
>watching a horror film

whyyyyyyy would anyone do this
>>
>>71912795
Can someone remind the name of the movie in OP's picture? It's about the death of Gods I think?
>>
>>71914266

femanon detected

>crying during a movie like this

I'm a guy and I fucking cried at the end of Blood Diamond yeah I'm a faggot so what? Session 9? Woman, get a grip.
>>
>>71917183
read the thread
>>
File: WWDITS-1.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
WWDITS-1.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>
>>71917506

Hahaha what the fuck did I just watch
>>
>>71914774
It's not. It's shit
>>
>>71917506
>>
>>71914161
I watched Passion of the Christ and Poltergeist on acid.
>>
>>71914866
>Henry:Portrait of a serial killer
I've seen some shit, but this really made me feel dirty afterward. Got a similar vibe from Snowtown.
>>
>>71917506
this is fucked up...
>>
Jesus you guys are in for a treat.

Threads.

https://vimeo.com/18781528

Beware the cat at 51:45, and basically everything from that point on. But this one will stick with you. You have been warned.

>>71917944

I watched Schindler's List on acid.

Drove me to /pol/ I tell you.
>>
>>71918215
giving it a shot. Better not disappoint.
>>
>>71917506
looks like captain morgan commercial
>>
>>71918430
>>71917616
>>71917797
>>71918203
>haven't seen what we do in the shadows

oh look it's the pleb parade
>>
>>71917181
Did the same with the Evil Dead remake. Fuckin' stupid idea.
>>
>>71917181
Because my ex-gf is crazy and stupid. Needless to say she had a horrible trip and I proceeded to tell her how stupid she was.
>>
>>71917506

I remember thinking that whole sequence would have been genuinely scary in another film, but in this it's hilarious. Jermaine's face on the cat always cracks me up.
>>
>>71916678
I have!
>>
>>71918150
Snow town is by far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen.
>>
>>71917181
Did this for the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. I've still never been that scared in my life. Saw it again sober after it was released on DVD, couldnt believe how shitty it actually was.
>>
>>71914161
>>71914161
jesus fucking christ what is wrong with you
take your filthy fucking (you)
>>
>>71917318
I did, I just skimmed through again and see nothing.
>>
Masters of Horror: Imprint was realdy great, seemed alot longer the first time i saw it. The scene with the needles is very unsettling
>>
Lake Mungo

Not the most unsettling horror movie I've ever watched, but the most recent one that comes to mind. Something about seeing your dead future self coming right at you is creepy
>>
File: 51VGAV%2B2WZL.jpg (55 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
51VGAV%2B2WZL.jpg
55 KB, 357x500
>>71919389
Jesus Christ, do you know what those numbers by posts mean? It's not hard. And read ≠ skim.
>>
File: begotten.jpg (24 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
begotten.jpg
24 KB, 512x384
I like Begotten. Its fun. Even though it looks like its made with a $5 budget its still scary.
>>
>>71914161
DUDE
>>
>>71916942
Are you some kind of retarded pussy?

There is nothing disturbing about that movie.

It's straight forward story about two girls getting raped when they're out to score drugs and then the murderers get fucked up by their parents.

Are you an autist or something?
>>
I found the day of the triffids movie very unsettling but that's mostly because I'm terrified of going blind.
>>
>>71918215
Wtf is this
>>
The Exorcist

The conspiracy wasn't amazing but had a pretty creepy vibe.
>>
>>71917181
Not exactly horror but saw Grizzly man on shrooms and had bear nightmares for years afterwards.
Fucking bears man I thought it'd be some comfy nature documentary.
>>
>>71912795

Original Wicker Man, due to the fact no matter how desperate they get to save their land everyone is fucked either way and it won't be long before they kill Summerisle because the sacrifice wasn't sufficient enough then they turn on themselves.
>>
I couldn't handle the august underground movies.

Had to fast forward through some bits.
>>
What the fuck is with all the druggie degenerates here?
>>
The phouhhkeepsie tapes or however you spell it fucked me up
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.