[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there's a Film Flash and he's different from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: The-Flash-TV-Series-Review.jpg (281 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
The-Flash-TV-Series-Review.jpg
281 KB, 640x427
>there's a Film Flash and he's different from the TV Flash

Why not just make the TV Flash into the Film Flash?
>>
because you have to make it big on tv before you are allowed in movies
>>
>>71912391

DC's whole thing is about a multiverse and they've said they wanted to keep movies and tv shows separate.

I mean look at Marvel's stuff, they say the netflix abc stuff is connected but it only goes one way, nothing in Agents of Shield like the Inhumans is ever brought up in the movies, but the fallout of Avengers 1 and Winter soldier do affect Daredevil and AoS.
>>
Because theres something in these children's shows and comics called "parallel dimensions". Its basically lazy writing for inconsistent story telling.
>>
The tv flash has fucked up the movie flash because it's so beloved.

> charismatic likable guy as Flash
> captures the fun tone of the comics
> already using all of the villains and storylines

I have no clue why WB gave the green light to the series because all of that shit should have been in the movies.
>>
>>71912391
Because the TV Flash is a complete beta faggot.
>>
>>71912497

It's going to be like that somewhat in the movies though, already in the JL set visit Ezra Miller's character is a goofy smart aleck

http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/2/
>>
>>71912497
>charismatic likeable guy

Hell no, Grant Gusin has as much personality as wet cardboard. I stopped watching because he had none of the fun the character should bring. Same problem as Arrow and the DC movies, everybody was way too serious and there was little-no fun.
>>
it's a shame snyder was too chickenshit to use flash in bvs, why not include him?
>>
>>71912391

Because the shows are bad and the films are good
>>
>>71912693
You're lonesone in that opinion.
>>
>>71912490
>Because theres something in these children's shows and comics called "parallel dimensions"

FINDS
>>
>>71912391
You must be a dumb underage faggot to even ask this.

If you put the actor of the TV series in a big-budget film, you simply cannot put him again in the TV series, because the salary would be bigger.

Also, Gran Gustin cannot act and Ezra Miller is 100% better than him.

/thread
>>
>>71912391
How stupid you are OP. Why would they let that little sissy beta manlet from a low budget tv series play the alpha in the expensive movie?
>>
>>71912391
Because I do not want a white jock guy in my Justice League movies. A half Asian is pretty cool.
>>
>>71912899

Grant Gustin's not a manlet.
>>
>>71912497
Wb has no idea how to do dc movies
>>
People won't want to pay to see it because they will conflate it with a product they have gotten essentially for free (8$ a month or whatever) on Netflix or television
>>
>>71912940

>A half Asian is pretty cool.

Ezra Miller isn't asian at all, this is Keanu all over again.

>His father is Jewish and his mother, who has German and Dutch ancestry, is from a Christian background.
>>
>>71912391
The tone is different from Snyder universe. TV Flash is nothing like comics Flash. So film Flash will also be nothing like comics Flash. Different interpretations. I dont like who they casted as fIlm Flash he looks nothing like a Barry Allen.
>>
>>71912830
Neat, and critics trashed Citizen Kane when it came out. The Flash was written in the comic books, and to this day remains, a fast-talking joker. Don't know if it's Gustin's inability to play the part, or the god-awful writing and plot structure, but he's unfit for a movie role becaus he never portrays the charm The Flash should have.
>>
Have you seen the CW shows?
They are horrible.
>>
>>71913150
Don't claim to know comics when you've clearly never read them.
>>
Because there's a cast system in Hollywood. They look down on TV actors.
>>
>>71913180
Have you seen DC movies?

They're worse
>>
>>71912391
Because they're separated you dumb dumb.
Each universe can have their own things is the best way.
If they're in the same universe then The Flash will never be on TV like those shitty marvel shows
>>
>>71913241
Aquaman is literally a TV actor.
>>
>>71913242
There are plenty of good batman and Superman movies the fuck are you talking about?

You mean the DC cinematic universe? That has only one movie so far. Directed by Snyder.
Of course that is shit. CW has four shows now and they are dogshit.
>>
>>71913150
Barry Allen, up until the 80's, was a pretty bland square-jawed hero. Wally was a little more lighthearted, but it was Bart who was the fast-talking jokester. They mashed the three haracterizations together for the animated show.

But Barry's humor remains deadpan/sarcastic rather than what you describe.
>>
>>71913215
> You've clearly never read them

Oh look, the neckbands have arrived. I enjoy the Flash in particular, and the point is: The comics present Barry Allen in particular as a smart-aleck fun character. While obviously he also acts seriously in serious situations, he does banter with other characters. If you don't think so, YOU don't know what you're talking about. And even if you only look at one of the edge-lord comic series, still admit a fun character is better than the beta male moody one the TV show presents.
>>
>>71913570
I think the problem was that in the show, Barry became the Flash 5-10 years earlier than comics Barry (the one in the news paper is based on him). That's why he's a loser millenial, instead of the dorky, but generally matured silver age Barry.
>>
>>71913444
I never said not sarcastic, I just said he's charmless and dull. And don't pull that "the Flash is serious" shit, especially before the 80's the Flash was INCREDIBLY campy over-the-top jokey.
>>
>>71912391
Because DC can't into good ideas.
>>
>>71912391
Anything would be better than El Flasho
>>
>>71912890
What about with animated films?
>>
>>71912391
replacing one twink with another, who cares
>>
Money.

Think about it... The Flash movie with Grant Gustin makes $300 Million+ in the summer and then he has to go back on THE FUCKING CW not even making $200 000 an episode compared to the millions he'd made in the summer and that's just Grant, not Candice Patton, Danielle etc. Its untenable for The WB and The CW. Who's to say that a successful movie would even translate to higher ratings.

Also, I don't know if people would watch a movie based of an ongoing tv series. Its not like in Japan where Kamen Rider or Super Sentai make movies of ongoing shows and turn nice profits.

Its just as well actually because years from now when the movies are done and The Flash, Arrow, LOT and Supergirl are old shows, they'll be able to use people they currently can't use like Harley Quinn, Robin, Batgirl, The Suicide Squad etc.
>>
>>71913953
Do you think My Little Pony The Movie will do badly then?
>>
>>71912469
dr.stranges fucks the night nurse{clare} in the comics
>>
>>71914217

MLP is a different animal altogether. Its a got big fan base and its animation meaning that parents and kids that haven't even heard about it will give it a go. The Flash is a tv show on the smallest tv network and while its one of the higher rated shows in the demo on tv, its nothing compared to MLP's potential. MLP would benefit from making movies after the show ends though for that sweet nostalgia cash
>>
>>71914544

ok
>>
>>71914544
>dr.stranges fucks the night nurse{clare} in the comics
She isn't officially the night nurse.
Pretty sure she was going to be but now they said they want to cast somebody else
>>
Because WB didn't think TV could be as useful a vehicle as movies and told the CW and CBS, "You guys can use some of our properties if you want to, for now, but when we decide to cram their origin stories in a two minute scene in a movie featuring three other heroes, it's not going to be the same actors or universe"

Then Marvel came along and pulled Agents of Shield and their Netflix stuff out of their asses and proved how fucking stupid they were all along by being a success.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.