[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please give me movie recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
I just want to get drunk and zone out for the morning. Please recommend me some good films to watch. I'd like movies such as The Sunset Limited or maybe something with elements of noir film like Dark City. But any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
>>
Watch The Holy Mountain or El Toppo.

Are you feeling depressed Anon? If so I would recommend listening to some of Alan Watts talks.

Le Samurai is also good.
>>
>>71910206

Yes. Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
Don't watch Jodo or Bergman or any of that bullshit. If you're gonna be a fucking loser go fucking whole hog. Watch August Underground and day drink like a real man
>>
File: 1462003254444.gif (366 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462003254444.gif
366 KB, 500x375
>>71910269
What's on your mind Anon?
>>
>>71910274
I've seen the first one. Are mordum and penance worth watching?
>>
File: the-sacrifice-poster.jpg (61 KB, 580x777) Image search: [Google]
the-sacrifice-poster.jpg
61 KB, 580x777
>>71910206
>holy mountain and el topo

love this meme
>>
>>71910274

Sorry but I don't find August Underground to be an interesting or well made film. If it's any consolation though I am drinking Glenfiddich 15 year old neat.
>>
>>71910457
Sorry but I don't care about the opinions of people who drink expensive liquor in the morning on a Tuesday
>>
>>71910300

Oh a lot of things. Personal family problems mostly, the future, other things I won't get into. Thanks for asking though. How are you?
>>
>>71910457
>neet
>>
>>71910482

To each their own. Have a good day.
>>
>>71910490
>Personal family problems mostly, the future, other things I won't get into.

Sorry to hear. Just remember that sometimes it best to just take a step back and focus on smaller things instead of the bigger picture. Helps out with seeming like you have control over a situation.

I'm okay. Haven't left my house in 3 days or really talked to anyone besides asking my mom if the tea is ready.

Might actually go out today though. I should get a haircut.
>>
>>71910515

Well, not really. I'm taking the Summer off but normally I am a full time university student year round. I start again in September.
>>
>>71910548

Cheers, I appreciate it. I haven't left my place for a while either. I am in the mood for some mint tea though now.
>>
>>71910457
Nice. Tried it with a drop of water? I always like trying a whisky both neat and with a tiny bit of water, the latter brings out subtler flavours a bit more in some.

Anyway, I was thinking of making more or less this thread but I figure it's more polite to simply request additions to this one. Can someone please post any of those "/tv/'s recommended ___core" charts? Right now I'm feeling in the mood for something kind of dark/violent without just being one long edge ride but I'm up for just saving a bunch of recommendations and seeing what strikes me.
>>
>>71910632
No problem, enjoy your night.
>>
>>71910644

I haven't actually but I will. I've heard that too but I pretty much drink everything neat. I can't help you with the chart but I suggest checking the archive.
>>
>>71910274

What's wrong with Bergman?
>>
>>71911157
Nothing. It's just that if you're twenty or thirty-something years old and you're sitting around at noon on Tuesday drinking liquor and watching Bergman you're a fucking tool
>>
>>71911285

But why does someone choice of film make at a certain age make them a fool?
>>
>>71911306

Or tool, rather. Please explain.
>>
>>71911306
>>71911339
settle down beavis just because you tell people 'seventh seal' is your favorite movie doesn't mean Bergman is your best friend and you have to defend him. it doesn't have anything to do with Bergman anyway. It's the combination of being pretentious and also an alcoholic loser that makes you a tool
>>
>>71911409

I don't even like Bergman that much I just had a picture of The Seventh Seal on my computer and it was the only image /tv/ oriented that I had so I started a thread with it. I don't understand why you're such a dick to me I haven't said or done anything bad to you.
>>
>>71911409

Not OP but you're a piece of shit dude. No where is it mentioned seventh seal is his favourite movie. You have been a dick the entire thread. I really wonder what problem people like you have who always have to attack people for their possible taste in film or personal problems in life. The only loser here is you.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.