[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we witnessing the beginning of Chinese-fantasykino? This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: chink fantasy kino.jpg (2 MB, 2044x836) Image search: [Google]
chink fantasy kino.jpg
2 MB, 2044x836
Are we witnessing the beginning of Chinese-fantasykino? This year alone two movies are coming out. No wonder why they loved Warcraft so much.

>League of Gods
https://youtu.be/HjnSHHwOZzg
>Warrior's Gate
https://youtu.be/308lg5Y_qkw

Discuss
>>
>>71906230
I think since they got their shit together with distribution you'll see a lot more, since the budgets are going to be a lot fucking higer.

They manage to increase profits by doing that... that's what WarCraft was all about in China. This is why all movies are targeted to china. It's like over half the world population in that area... it's fucked, but it's changing the game...

Frankly I've been okay with it since Jackie Chan
>>
im just glad to see they arent doing another Journey to West
>>
File: BTILC.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
BTILC.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1426
We already have the quintessential Chinese fantasy kino fampai
>>
>>71906314
You talking about conquering the demons?
>>
So does this mean Hollywood will finally have a rival to compete with? (I ain't too familiar with the miasmic distribution of film-corporations) I sure hope so; healthy rivalries lead to interesting results.
>>
>>71906288
you got a point. Well said.
>>
File: image.jpg (388 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388 KB, 720x1080
Hmm whatever.

>>71906230
OP you should check out Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (2013)

I'm a big fan of Stephen chow, his movies are always hilarious. Although a lot of people didn't like because they feel that it didn't live up to his previous movies, and it's yet another journey to west movie. It's stupid and corny and if you don't get that then you won't like it but it's really funny as hell and worth checking out. As far as all these MODERN Chinese fantasy movies go it's one of my favorites.

http://youtu.be/VdtvtYpfg_s
>>
>>71906636
looks good. I also want to watch
Detective Dee
https://youtu.be/ZeMLCCws5m8

Is it any good?
>>
>>71906636
Fucking love this movie, I've seen it like 5 times.

>that opening scene
>that inn scene
>when they meet the Monkey King
>that love story
>that climactic battle with cosmic Buddha

legendary movie

Also check out God of Cookery from Chow
>>
File: undine.png (39 KB, 210x209) Image search: [Google]
undine.png
39 KB, 210x209
Be curious for ages what an organic by eastern themed by asians for asians fantasy world would look like.

>League of Gods
See this shit.
>>
>>71908664
just turn your brain off bro.
>>
>>71906288
I'm guessing they pay a fraction of the price to see a movie than we do though?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.