[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Godzilla: Resurgence comes out in Japan at the end of the mo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: gojira.jpg (274 KB, 894x1080) Image search: [Google]
gojira.jpg
274 KB, 894x1080
Godzilla: Resurgence comes out in Japan at the end of the month. What are you hopes for this film? I mean it's not like it could be worse than Godzilla 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WkxVHyzivg
>>
I'm interested to see what Anno does with it at least.

Any word on a limited us run?
>>
>>71905056

Probably going to be shit.

I remember reading an interview with the director. He referenced 9/11 and the Fukushima disaster. Sounds like they're going to try and go the anti nuke thing again. Instead of just monster fighting it out, they're going to try and be political.

The fact they've been so hush hush about it means its likely the case. Prepare for a stinker.
>>
A lot of people are expecting Hideaki to put some mindfuckery in it, but honestly, I think he might go a bit more straightforward this time. I think he'll save the mindfuckery for a sequel.
>>
>we have to make godzilla bigger (again)
I wish they'd stop with that. murrican 2014 was way too big already but nooo, they HAD to top even that.
>>
>>71905188
>I remember reading an interview with the director. He referenced 9/11 and the Fukushima disaster. Sounds like they're going to try and go the anti nuke thing again. Instead of just monster fighting it out, they're going to try and be political.
Good. Fuck that juvenile monster vs monster with barely any reasoning bullshit.
>>
Godzilla has always been shitty franchice.
>>
Too much nostalgia for Godzilla,2014 one was better than 95% of any Godzilla movie.
>>
>>71905278
No
>>
>>71905226
His tail is like half the size of him. It's a little weird.
>>
>>71905278
>I like making bold statements about things I have absolutely no knowledge of.
>>
>>71905308
>Im a fanboy of a terrible japanese series.

Godzilla is very culturally relevant but its movies are pukw of shit.
>>
>>71905364
Thanks for implying that you really don't know shit about it.
>>
I think this looks fresh, unique and cool.

I thought 2014 was fresh, unique and cool.

Why do kaiju "fans" bash fucking everything ever? God you guys are edgy about fire breathing monsters
>>
>>71905378
Thanks for showing your nostalgia is bigger than your reason.
>>
>>71905188
That's always been the whole point behind Godzilla. The original film was a landmark for that exact reason.

Do people seriously want a vapid monster mash instead of an interesting humanocentric science fiction disaster movie?
>>
>>71905430
>nostalgia
They've been releasing movies on a regular basis since forever and I got only like 5 years ago or something.
My first godzilla was the murrican pile of shit.
This can't be nostalgia you humongous retard.
>>
>>71905308
The first Godzilla fill was good, though.
>>
>>71905465
Wow its almost like they arent riding on nostalgia.

Again Godzilla is culturally relevant but its films are mostly shit.
>>
>>71905458

>of an interesting humanocentric

The human shit always drags godzilla movies down. The draw of the films is the big goddamn lizard stomping on Japan. Not the plight of the idiots running through the streets, or the moral quandaries of of scientists in their labs.

Its called Godzilla because of Godzilla.
>>
>>71905465
>first godzilla was the murrican pile of shit.

No it wasn't. It was epic.
>>
File: 1465188376328.gif (2 MB, 209x213) Image search: [Google]
1465188376328.gif
2 MB, 209x213
>mfw people who had never seen a godzilla film where upset that not every frame had godzilla in 2014 movie
>>
>>71905528
The most frustrating thing for me when I finished watching the recent American remake was that they killed off Bryan Cranston so that his one-dimensional cardboard cut-out of a son could armyman his way in on every Godzilla scene he could. He wasn't a character, he was a walking excuse, and I can't help but wonder at how much better the film could have been if Cranston survived to the end, combining his knowledge and wit with Serizawa's to defeat the MUTOs and Godzilla.

Godzilla is obviously the central premise behind these films, but in the best of the series, he's a representation of nuclear and cosmic force, its effects on the world, and the morality of killing. I can only hope that Anno capitalises on the mood and characterisation of the first movie.
>>
>>71905573
>Being this buttblasted that americans makes better movies about a japan icon than japan itself.

Wew lad.
>>
>>71905634
>bigger is better
>>
>>71905693
>Japanese is better just because.
>>
>>71905785
No it's better because they're not bothered by things getting "ridiculous".
>>
>>71905828
>He honestly thinks men in goofy costumes is acceptable and should taken seriously
>>
>>71905971
>I'm too cool for this, kids.
>>
>>71905056
This godzilla is fucking horrifying. The way he's standing there in the city with his creepy arms, long tail, and rotten flesh just evokes a fear response out of me.

Those teeth too.
>>
>>71905634
i was defending the american movie faglord.

people upset that not every frame had godzilla in it in the 2014 film deserve to be laughed at. the orginal and best godzilla had tons of screentime for human characters and rarely showed the monster.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.