[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second place! For outsanding moral fibre! Jesus, did Dumbledore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (1001 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1001 KB, 1366x768
Second place!
For outsanding moral fibre!

Jesus, did Dumbledore really have to rig every competition at the school?
>>
File: 1465421614684.jpg (29 KB, 802x122) Image search: [Google]
1465421614684.jpg
29 KB, 802x122
nice reddit meme, tumblr
>>
File: 1468183022409.png (42 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1468183022409.png
42 KB, 200x200
>>71902265
FUCKING TUMBLR AND REDDIT GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEÉ
>>
>>71902265
astonishing detective work. a film series that has been watched by possibly hundreds of millions and there are some people who have similar thoughts regarding a FIFTEEN year old meme.
>>
>>71902265
All you're proving is you went to reddit, it didn't come from there it always existed you didn't know it
>>
>>71903974
why I like you guys you are funny. I usually steal jokes from 4chan to get them upvoted for easy karma
>>
this is a dumb meme

it's not like dumbledore just handed out points for nothing

a couple of little fucking gryffindor kids stopped voldemort for fuck's sake

should that not be worth as much as pansy parkinson sucking snape's dick for points in potions class?

i mean, if they're just going to be doling out points for arbitrary bullshit anyway, stopping the fucking dark lord seems like something that might earn you some
>>
>>71904064
He was a piece of shit for announcing that Slytherin won BEFORE giving the additional points.

He did it just to piss off Slytherin
>>
>>71904064
>break the rules
>hurr is okay tho cos we stopped dark lord voldemoort durr

Their reward should've been dumbledore ignoring the fact they broke the rules, not giving them points and the house cup.
>>
>>71904064
desu they just broke all the rules
whether they stopped someone evil id's irrelevant
>>
why did they movies turn to shit after 4?
>>
Yes yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherhin

HOWEVER
>Gryffindor has Hermione
>Ravenclaw has Luna and Cho
>Hufflepuffs has Diggory, he's so dreamy

Prepare the lube Drago, you're not the only one who's gonna enter in a second year :^)
>>
>>71904104

are you trying to claim that stopping voldemort isn't a very good justification for breaking a few of the rules
>>
>>71904121
>whether they stopped someone evil id's irrelevant
except for the fact that every mudblood in the school would be dead.
>>
>>71904139
You mean
>why did the movies turn to shit after 4 minutes of the first one?
>>
>>71904121

how is that irrelevant

seems pretty fucking relevant to me
>>
>>71904139
First four movies had different directors, after 4 they just found one guy to do the next four.

All his movies felt gray and lifeless
>>
>>71904178
>All his movies felt gray and lifeless

no that's just an accurate representation of English life and culture
>>
>>71904121
what lol
it actually doesn't matter that they broke the rules when they stopped someone evil
>>
>>71904156
Ends do not justify the means anon. No matter what.

And yes it isn't a good justification. Especially when you consider Voldemort couldn't have found the stone without Harries presence. He took a gamble that paid off simply because that's what the author thought would be a good conclusion, and it wasn't.
>>
>>71904205
>ends don't justify the means

really

so if all you had to do to save everyone you loved and yourself from dying was torture someone for 5 minutes you wouldn't do it?

If you could kill a dictator and keep a million people from starving you wouldn't do it?

of course the ends justify the means
>>
>>71904240
I would in a heart beat, but that doesn't excuse what i'd done. You don't seem to understand that. Killing a million 'innocent' people simply to stop 1 terrorist isn't justified.
And like I said, Harry is the one that endangered the students, not Voldemort. He was there the entire time and could've stalked from room to room killing the students one by one but he didn't. He wanted the stone. Harry ended up having the stone. Voldemort/Quirrel would've just stayed in the chamber staring at his ugly mug until the teachers woke up and put a stop to it, or he fled.
>>
>>71902220
Dumbledore knew Harry was going to face death young. The least he could do was focus on making his school life a rewarding experience. Plus if Slytherin won it'd cement their Aryan-esque feeling of superiority. If anything he awarded Griffindor to help save the Slytherin kids from becoming death eaters.
>>
Discounting that whole "saving the world" business, Gryffindor probably would have won anyway if Snape wasn't biased as fuck and trying to essentially game the system in favor of Slytherin.

So, ya'll niggas are retarded if you think Dumbledore shouldn't have intervened there.
>>
>>71904388
>Headmaster can't override what his subordinate says or does
>1 uping him is the only way to handle the situation

It's a wonder Voldemort was even defeated in the first place with geniuses like Dumbledore defending us
>>
>>71904409
>Dumbledore didn't even help defeat Voldemort, Voldemort did it himself

Voldemort is the fantasy version of Segal.
>>
>>71904178
They truly are grey and boring and soulless
>>
Why doesn't Ravenclaw roll it every year
they're all about being uppity nerds, surely they must gather thousands of points in class
of course they uck at Quidditch so they lack those, but they also don't get into fights and lose points every other day, so it evens out
>>
>>71904178
>>71904426
after rewatching the movies 3 had some really great shots and someone expanded nicely on the books when making the script (adding in characterization that wasn't there). The cinematography esp in 4 which was quite static and boring is nowhere near to what cuaron produced
>>
>>71904426
nah i love 5 6 7.1.
>>
>>71904064
Agreed

>>71904104
>>71904121
>>71904092
They broke the rules because desperate times. when hogwarts is in need true gryffindors will answer the call slytherins.
>>
>>71904409
We don't know if Dumbledore did try talking to Snape.

For all we know, he'd been on his case all year, got no result, and finally said
"Right, you little shit, see how you like it".
He's a cold enough fucker to not care one bit about the student's feelings
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.