[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i cant believe you faggots baited me into watching this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 270x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 270x386
i cant believe you faggots baited me into watching this
>>
Just make sure you don't see Neon Demon. It's like the guy spent a couple of years learning to love the smell of his own shit even more.

The guy is pissing his talent away. Seems less and less like an auteur and more and more like a fashion photographer who got a lucky break.
>>
I thought everyone hated OGF.

I really, really liked it, but it seems like I'm in the minority.
>>
File: 1435014852244.jpg (88 KB, 333x496) Image search: [Google]
1435014852244.jpg
88 KB, 333x496
>tfw you got baited into watched BvS

can't believe I fell for that shit
>>
Shittest of the Autism Trilogy
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x628
>>71901664
mfw
>>
This movie is a pleb filter
>>
>>71901616
>>71901649
>>71901664
Only God Forgives is a pleb filter.

Same with BvS and S2 of True Detective.
>>
File: 1400671256916.jpg (400 KB, 1600x1383) Image search: [Google]
1400671256916.jpg
400 KB, 1600x1383
>>71901710
This nonsense is so inorganic to any sense of globetrotter restlessness or anything explicitly or metaphorically to do with British or American colonialism that it just feels derivative. That Kubrickian scene in Drive of dead-eyed strippers watching an assault gets extended here in a more elaborate whorehouse sequence where catatonic hookers bear mute witness to instances of police corruption. Refn’s tableau of organdy-gowned call-girls listening to pop while watching violence in a bouquet-bedecked whorehouse is the ultimate David Lynch parody.

Gosling and Refn have art ambitions–a strange sense of fun. But how can film culture progress with fantasies like this? There’s no shock or outrage left. Refn relies upon a level of menace (unerotic, non-provocative) that precludes caring about or responding to violence, vulnerability, mortality. This is cinema for unsophisticated viewers who don’t already know Bunuel’s eye-slashing, Altman’s Coke bottle assault or Shakespeare/Julie Taymor’s Titus. Children of Kubrick, Friedkin, Lynch and Tarantino, they remain infantile about movies.
>>
>>71901649
I liked it.

>>71901713
BvS was good, not great, but no where near as bad as the critics made it out to be. It was a good entertaining film with some major flaws but still good in despite of them.

S2 of True Detective was pure trash and missed everything that made the original series great. It shouldn't have been called True detective even, it was just a shitty crime drama that had none of the themes or motifs of the original.
>>
>>71901713
I don't know what OGF has to do with Batman Vs Superman and I never watched season 2 of True Detective, but I thought OGF was good. I don't care if you think I'm a pleb.

The cinematography was absolutely fantastic, and I think that Refn really managed to nail that surreal vibe that he seems to always be aiming for I found the symbolism fairly intriguing and I remember thinking about the film for a few days after I finished watching it, which is more than I can say for a lot of films.
>>
BvS catches a bad rep because Marvel has too many shills
>>
>>71901849
Why do people keep talking about BvS? Whats the relation?
>>
ogf will eventually be regarded as refns magnum opus

and sucker punch will go down as snyders

cap this
>>
I'm most annoyed about /tv/ bamboozling me into watching synecdoche ny
>>
>>71901889
No
>>
>>71901889
Nobody will ever hold sucker punch in high regard.

Which is a shame, because I thought it was much more entertaining than most of his other shit movies. I did watch it on a plane though, so I was really desperate for something to watch.
>>
>>71901889
>not fear X
Found the child of kubrick
>>
>>71901892
Literally my favorite movie. Suck my smegma.
>>
>>71901970
>not Valhalla Rising?
>>
>>71901616
"This is an awesome movie!"
– no one ever on /tv/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.