[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QT says this is the best character he ever wrote. Do you agree /tv/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Landa.jpg (94 KB, 372x354) Image search: [Google]
Landa.jpg
94 KB, 372x354
QT says this is the best character he ever wrote. Do you agree /tv/ ?
>>
>>71901559
The only good scene in the movie was the opening one.

QT hasn't made a remotely balanced film since Jackie Brown.
>>
DUDE LE POLITE NAZI WHO DRINKS MILK LMAO
>>
>>71901601
DUDE MEMES LMAO
>>
This character is literally me
>>
>>71901559

Great villain.

So yes.
>>
>>71901559
It's his best character, but only because Waltz portrayed him. Nobody else could've pulled off Hanz Landa.
>>
>>71901642
>>71901625
kill yourselves
>>
I'd say yes but I always feel like Landa goes full retard at the end. He's great for almost the entire movie but around the point when he strangles Diane Kruger his character kind of unravels quickly.
>>
He's just saying that cuz there's no sign saying dead nigger storage in the front of his house
>>
>>71901726
What happens?
>>
>>71901559
>writes a cringeworthy reddit-tier character
>Christolph Waltz actually makes this endearing and enjoyable, basically by just redefining the role to suit his personality
>Quentin: "I WROTE THAT IT WAS ME"
>>
>>71901763
You say that but even someone like Waltz managed to be bland as fuck playing a freaking Bond villain, so the script certainly still deserve some level of credit as well. Because seriously, the script for Blofeld was so absolute rubbish and not even Waltz could salvage it.
>>
>>71901853
>Because seriously, the script for Blofeld was so absolute rubbish and not even Waltz could salvage it.

He already got two Oscars. He's just making money now and doesn't really give a shit anymore. I really liked him in Zero Theorem, though.
>>
>>71901742
He goes full retard when negotiating with Aldo and the tiny Jew. Given how it's emphasized that his character pays ridiculous attention to detail and is excellent at reading people, him trusting them at their word felt like lazy bullshit.
>>
I've only ever seen Waltz in Basterds and Django, but does he actually play the same exact character in everything or is it just when he's working with Tarantino? Shultz was a much different character on paper but holy fuck all of his mannerisms felt exactly like Landa. He didn't deserve an Oscar for that shit.
>>
>>71901967
The academy retrospectively gave him two oscars for Landa.

He's only played that character in Tarantino movies, yes. Zero theorem painted a much different picture.
>>
>>71901584
>QT hasn't made a remotely balanced film since Jackie Brown.

that's the catch. he has some great individual scenes in his movies, but, overall, his films fall short in terms of fluidity. maybe he does it purposefully. to me, however, the last several movies he's done all have scenes that don't jibe with the flow of the film. his films still some of the more entertaining movies being made these days, but they are oddly edited.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.