[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was possibly the only good part of the movie besides the opening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1465016081753.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465016081753.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
This was possibly the only good part of the movie besides the opening
>>
>>71901334
>Finn at beginning feels bad for killing any villages
>Suddenly ends up slaughtering people who are brainwashed just like he was in second act
Doesn't make sense.

I would re edit this movie to have the traitor guy be the only Stormtrooper that Finn fights.
>>
>>71901334
It's so ironic: in the end it was Finn who ended up being the greatest thing about TFA whilst Rey ended up being the worst written Mary Sue character.

I can't wait for all the original fans to hate the Star Wars episode 8 plot twist.
>>
the best part was General Hux giving that speech.
>>
>>71901627
That was a very powerful moment indeed.
>>
>>71901530

so what was he supposed to do at that point? let himself get blown up? this is the dumbest argument that gets brought up in every thread.
>>
>>71901675
yeah true actually upon looking back at this theory you are correct. if he just stood there he would have died for siding with the rebels.

I change my mind.
>>
>>71901735

yeah well fu... oh

ok

cool then
>>
>>71901530
This.
And he blows people up left and right when escaping the ship and cheers while he does it.
Not only does he know the rest of them are brainwashed, you'd think he'd have some level of kinship with his fellow troopers, the people he was raised alongside.
Also, being raised by the empire you'd think he'd be at least a little brainwashed himself. There's no internal conflict at all in regards to either wondering if it's right to leave the empire or whether it's right to kill other troopers.
>>
>>71901530
>defending yourself in a battle doesnt make sense
nigga look at that pic, Finn fucking did work whats he gonna do ease the stormtrooper to death or go at him like you should
>>
>>71901774

there is nothing chummy about the New Order.
they're raised and expected to act like ants.
>>
TRAITOR
>>
>>71901774
see
>>71901803
you autist
>>
File: hmmmmmmm.jpg (25 KB, 707x290) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmm.jpg
25 KB, 707x290
I never knew planets were so close to one another...
>>
>>71901875
yea that second one should be a moon. the others JJ just wanted to show them all getting blow. up, and this is a space opera
>>
>>71901530
This

It's extremely out of place. Even going so far as to fucking gun up the people in the control tower that were just...doing there job?

You know what I wouldn't even mind this part if Finn looked like I dunno..conflicted or tense or unsure but instead he's just like "WOOO!" and having the time of his life
>>
>>71901907
>mfw JJ blew up Starkiller base when he could have kept it for Episode 8 as Finn and Rey must return to the base as they have an adventure around its surface like the Halo games with the Halo ring
WHY JJ WHY
>>
>>71901875
WHY DID JJ MAKE IT SO EASY FOR STARKILLER BASE TO BE DESTROYED?
>SHUT DOWN SHIELDS
>PLANT SOME GRENADES IN ONE ROOM IN A PLANET THAT IS LIKE THE SIZE OF JUPITER
MAKES SO MUCH SENSE JJ
>>
>>71902189
>size of jupiter
I doibt its as big as a gas giant, but youre right its very big regardless
>>
>>71902165
I honestly thought they were gonna keep it around

There was no like emotional reason for the audience enough to care about it being blown up. They just kinda gloss over the fact, none of the main characters are involved in the star battle for it except Poe who is barely given screentime. So fucking bizarre

>>71902189
But muh new hope. We have to copy a new hope
>>
>>71902262
is kasdan a hack or was he only brought on to write han solo dialogue
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.