[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Americans really that stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: IhopeEverybodyThanksMeForThis.png (2 MB, 2718x1190) Image search: [Google]
IhopeEverybodyThanksMeForThis.png
2 MB, 2718x1190
>Man of Steel sucked! Superman didn't feel like Superman! Superman didn't even save anybody!!
>mfw by destroying the world engine Superman literally saved 7 BILLION PEOPLE

Just how retarded are Americans?
All they can talk about is how the Metropolis fight caused so much damage when Zod and his fuckers were trying TO DESTROY THE ENTIRE PLANET and Superman managed to contain the destruction to A PORTION OF A SINGLE CITY
>>
It's a terrible movie.

The plot is pointless and full of holes, the characters are dour and depressed all the time, the story makes exactly the same mistake literally every bad Superman story makes (making him an allegory for Jesus), the symbolism is hamfisted, the subtext doesn't exist, and Superman doesn't actually have a character.

It's a bad movie. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>71900364
>>
File: 1456460067130.jpg (28 KB, 365x451) Image search: [Google]
1456460067130.jpg
28 KB, 365x451
>>71900364
Get the fuck out pleb
>>
>>71900364
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 988x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 988x562
>>71900605
>>71900621
you have to go back
>>
File: ae.jpg (141 KB, 1205x580) Image search: [Google]
ae.jpg
141 KB, 1205x580
>>71900048
>I see you are an art enthusiast
>>
>>71900048
>not American
>likes MoS
Man your life must suck
>>
>>71900048
>Superman managed to contain the destruction to A PORTION OF A SINGLE CITY
>Directed the battle from a low populated area to a high population area.
>muh superMunchausen dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>71900364
care to explain any of the plot holes?
>>
Is it really saving somebody if you prevent something that you yourself caused?
>>
Why didn't Superman fly Zod into space and fight him there? How did something as fucking simplistic as a neck-snap permakill Zod past his body's regenerative capability when it's implied Superman can come back from impalement?
>>
>>71900833
Uhhh just how the fuck did Superman "cause" Zod trying to destroy the world, you cunt?

Superman didn't get to choose to go to earth. He didn't know shit about Zod or Krypton until he found that ship.

Superman saved the world.
End o fucking story.
>>
>>71900822
I'm not going to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>71900048
the funny thing is that warner actually listen to the retards, and make that an interesting plot point in BvS.

i wonder what retard bullshit they're now required to include in JL
>>
>>71900966
no I legitimately want to know what the plot holes in this movie were
>>
>>71901201
"plot holes" basically means an opinionated pleb is trying hard to critizice stuff he doesn't even understand.
>>
>>71900729
Great movie.
>>
>>71900048
Man of Steel: 8/10. could have fixed some of the Jonathan Kent stuff. Otherwise, great movie

Batman V Superman {UE}: 9/10. Can't wait for Justice League and the Batman solo film
>>
>>71900048
Honestly the complaints about Superman being darker and even the mass destruction are stupid since comic books have different versions of characters all the time. Why should movies be different?

But I do think MoS and BvS are not good movies. The problem with Superman is that he is fucking bland and lacks personality. Really everyone in those movies does except for Lex Luthor who is just over the top but gives life to the movie.
>>
>>71900048

This capeshit shilling meme needs to go, desu.
>>
>>71900048
its loud groupthink on the internet
there isn't a solid consensus irl among normies

at most outside of the internet you'll get a 'boring' or 'cool'
>>
>>71900048
The world engine was fucking stupid. Superman makes a stupid face for 5 minutes to cgi light.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
>>
>>71902396
>look ma, I posted it again!
>>
File: poil.gif (120 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
poil.gif
120 KB, 550x400
>>71902428
>>
>>71900364
I agree with you.

>>71900048
>waaah why can't I get away with killing people if I also save some afterwards

Grow up anon.
>>
>>71900048
https://youtu.be/1ZZIEkFk_NQ
https://youtu.be/SqBzNT_llL8
>>
>>71900048
It's not even a big city either
>>
>>71901201
They aren't any. He simply didn't like the story.
>>
>>71900822
It usually dumb asinine shit like "how does he shave?"
>>
>>71900822
>>71901599
>>71902584
Different anon but I noticed two.

One was the fact that Superman would get a sonic boom but the ships flying at exactly the same speed as him in the same shot would not.

The other is that he tells Lois to step back before he takes off, then smiles and tells her to step back more, and then takes off.
But only a little earlier he'd heard his mum in trouble and launched off at a much faster speed while Lois was literally touching him.

Neither of these were huge issues with the film, though. Also not sure if they'd technically even count as plot holes seeing as they had nothing to do with the plot but they were certainly contradicting inconsistencies.
>>
>>71900048
>Superman saves people! See? It's a great movie!

People use that one a lot and it kills me every time.
>>
>>71900048
There's a difference between saving people, even the whole world, and BEING Superman.

He didn't capture any of the character that separates Superman from the rest of the heroes out there.

He did the job. But at no point did he display the soul of what Superman should be - HOWEVER this could have been forgiven, as it was an origins movie. And Zod's demise could have been integral to him forming that persona. BvS kinda dropped that ball.

He didn't inspire. He didn't give any sense of hope. He didn't come off as 'the best characteristics of the human race all rolled into one' which is important for the dichotomy of Alien Kal-El/Clark Kent.

MoS broke the big rule of movies: Show, don't tell. And instead of showing us how great a man Clark is, they just had Russel Crowe and Pa Kent tell us over and over how important a man he is - but Superman isn't Superman because of what he can do, he's Superman because of who he is.

He would help you move into a new house if he was free. He'd sit with you and talk you off a building if you felt like jumping. He'd drape a blanket over your shoulder and tell you things will get better after you lose your house. He'd talk rival gangs into laying down their guns after pointing out the value of human life.

It's not just the super human stuff, it's the human stuff.

Clark is the best of us. And he should make us want to be better for it. Not just save our lives, but enrich them by showing us a better way to be. Man of Steel didn't give us that.

Instead we got a super hero who yes, saved lives, but also debated whether or not it was worth saving a busload of kids, trashed a jerk trucker's truck, and so forth. Collateral damage I can forgive, because he tried to lead Zod out of the city. But he was profoundly UN-Superman in this movie..
Basically... Not muh superman.
>>
>>71900048
felt the same way about civil war

>collateral damage limited to a single city while saving the entire planet
>you super heroes should be ashamed
>>
File: 1467869307187.jpg (48 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1467869307187.jpg
48 KB, 400x462
>>71900048
>>71900822
>>71901599
>>71901659
>>71901844
>>71902584
>>
>>71902923
couldn't smell bait if it smacked you in the face
>>
Superman just wanted to prove he had a bigger dick than Zod
>>
>>71903178
>I was just pretending to be retarded! Hah hah! You fell for my trap!
>>
Christ your DCshits are so fucking obnoxious.

All capeshit is garbage, but Marvel at least shuts the fuck up a week after their movie drops.
>>
>>71902768
>He would help you move into a new house if he was free. He'd sit with you and talk you off a building if you felt like jumping. He'd drape a blanket over your shoulder and tell you things will get better after you lose your house
You don't want Superman you want Superhusbando
>>
File: 1459570762971.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459570762971.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>71900364
seen this exact same reply, word for word, in many DC threads

pic related
>>
>>71903575

>le meme face

Haha! Tell him anon!
>>
>>71903363
this.

with DC fags its just saying how superior their capeshit is since its still discussed while ignoring its the same fag making these threads
>>
File: KyIU51m.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
KyIU51m.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>71900048
>mfw I imagine all of the talented actors who watched Jesse Eisenberg's performance, knowing they never even had a chance at getting the role.

>mfw when Jesse Eisenberg probably learned the lines and started doing random shit on the first day and Zack Snyder ate it all up

>mfw anyone would try to be a Hollywood actor without having major connections
>>
>>71902768
>He didn't inspire. He didn't give any sense of hope.

Because everyone is too busy seeing him as a god. He tries to inspire, but everyone keeps worshiping him.
>>
>>71902768
>He didn't inspire.
I kinda don't agree with this. Him sacrificing his life for humanity even after they tried to hit him with a nuclear missile seemed pretty inspirational. And then shortly after the battle you see people gathered around his insignia where he died with the words "If you see this symbol look around you." I thought the whole point of that was to show his death inspired people and that whenever they look at the metropolis skyline they would see what superman gave his life for, not even the world but just for his city which is pretty supermanish if you ask me.
>>
>>71904175
Why didn't any one else have a chance at getting the role?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.