[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Chronicles of Riddick one of the comfiest sci-fi kinos ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: url19.jpg (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
url19.jpg
143 KB, 1024x768
Is Chronicles of Riddick one of the comfiest sci-fi kinos ever?

Also, a vastly superior directors cut over the original version
>>
I watxhed the most recent one as it was availible on netflix, really enjoyed it. Should i watch the older ones?
>>
1st movie is great
2nd movie is goat
3rd is trash jesus

CoR is vastly underrated
>>
Even my normie gf knows this movie and Pitch Black are both /comfiecore/
>>
>>71898746
It's sort of like an ancient epic in space. The only difference is Riddick is more of an anti-hero than a typical hero on the hero's journey.
>>
>>71898746
PB chaotic evil Riddick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CoR chaotic good/neutral Riddick
>>
pitch black was better
I haven't seen the new one yet
>>
>>71898746
didn't even know there was a directors cut. i'm gonna watch that shit right now. thanks for not being a faggot OP
>>
>>71901397
>chaotic evil
Lmao, have you completely discarded the ending of the first movie?
>>
>>71899588
pitch black is the best in the series. second movie is more grande in its scope, but not nearly as good as the first movie.
>>
The third Riddick movie felt like a rehash of the first cause almost everything I liked about it was stuff I liked about the first movie. I guess they had the option of following CoR or PB and chose PB, but I wouldn't have minded a third option where they do something new.
>>
>>71901798
If you've seen PB you've seen like 70% of the new movie already. They're so similar I get parts of them confused in my memory.
>>
It's pure shit. Pitch Black is the only halfway watchable flick of the series. Amazing games though.
>>
just amazon'd the unrated set, got commentary and extra violent footage, woo.
>>
Pitch Black is a 10/10 B movie.
CoR tried to make it all into an "epic Riddickverse", but failed miserably, though I really like the designs in that movie. It's a guilty pleasure.
The last one is basically the director trying to redeem the mistakes of CoR by basically remaking Pitch Black, but with less charm, and less enjoyability.
>>
>>71904654
Yeah but we got starboobs. The novels of the movies, specifically the first, build the universe as well. It just got left out of mpst of the movies
>>
Is the Underverse movie ever coming out?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.