[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watched it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: ghostbusters2016.jpg (173 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters2016.jpg
173 KB, 1280x855
It has terrible pacing and some terrible jokes, but the chemistry of the Ghostbusters and some jokes keep things good, but the ending is terrible and it feels like they didnt knew how to give it a proper ending.

It fails to be an entity separate from the original due to constant, in your face references to the original.

The best thing I can say about it is that it's watchable.
6/10
>>
>>71898049
I expect it to be just mediocre, which in some cases can be worse than a bad movie. Like The Force Awakens, it just seems so "safe", and by that I mean a fucking rehash of a previous installment where nothing new is attempted. The only difference here is that Ghostbusters doesnt have the pull that Star Wars does, so I doubt it will get the franchise SONY desperately wants. Wouldnt be the first time anyway
>>
So it wasn't a good movie but it wasn't a flop either?
>>
>>71898049
you mentioned a lot of negatives but it's 6/10? Fuck off IGN
>>
>>71898049
Cool thanks. Why is the pacing bad?
>>
>>71898206
I hope to see a Zuul sequel
>>
is this true
>Though Jones gets some of the film’s most memorable lines, her character channels a shameful racial stereotype — one that traces back to the days of blackface when it amused audiences to see African-American characters spook easily, bugging their eyes and running for their lives whenever confronted with a ghost

if they really did blow the fuck out of their own meme sensibility then I'll check it out on a tuesday when tickets are cheap for some reason
>>
Why didn't just make a movie based on the unused concepts they had for the original Ghostbusters that were too expensive to produce at the time?
>>
>>71898049
>describes a 3/10 at best before adding 3 undeserved points

Why even give it a number? Your opinion alone spoke for itself.
>>
>>71898498
Because Aykroyd used most of those concepts when he wrote the video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnjwTawLufw
>>
File: 201710181.png (2 MB, 1440x2459) Image search: [Google]
201710181.png
2 MB, 1440x2459
>>71898498
Have you seen the original Ghostbuster ghost concepts?

Imagine if they included these into this new reboot. I would have fucking respected it.

Instead what did we get? Scooby Doo cartoon ghosts... JUST FUCKING WHY SONY?
>>
>>71898456
You post this in nearly every thread shillshitposter
>>
>>71898552
So? This is a remake that has nothing to do with the game.

They want Zuul for a sequel so they can do anything for these remakes.

Fucking why do we get scooby dooby ghosties instead?
>>
>>71898456
I know you're from reddit little fag or shill stop shilling a fucking sequel.

Seriously this fucking shill keeps saying hope zuul every fucking thread
>>
>>71898628
Because I really want to see it and hope this movie doesnt bomb. Maybe we may get to see some cooler scarier ghost designs
>>
>>71898716
I have never signed up for reddit and never will. The irony because reddit hates this reboot as much as /tv/ with the reddit images that are posted here
>>
File: Zuul.jpg (9 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Zuul.jpg
9 KB, 512x288
>>71898716
>>
>>71898700
Because unlike Dan (before he finished the series with the game at least), they don't give a fraction of a fuck. They only wanted to make money and test out a strategy that essentially consisted of cornering critics by shoehorning in a sensitive social topic.
>>
>>71898736
1-If they had any creativity we would have seen those ghost already.
2-Lets further play it safe and do yet another rehash but ultimately fuck it up
3-Why the fuck are we just now acting like Zuul was a big deal? Because Zuul and the Keymaster both worked for Gozer.

So in short, fuck off for wanting more shit from SONY
>>
>>71898049
Does any ghost pleases orally any of the cast?
>>
>>71898049
From 1 to 10 how old is bill Murray?
>>
>>71898552
I probably already know the answer, but was that game fun?
>>
>>71899216
Not him but fantastic imo. Definitely warrants as the 3rd movie. Bill kind of phones it in, but its still a solid game with a decent story.
>>
So basically The Force Awakens with ghosts. Pass.
>>
>>71898456
You keep posting this and I have to wonder are you confusing Zuul with Gozer or do you really want a movie that's just about Zuul with no Gozer or Vinz Clortho because that doesn't make sense. Zuul and Vinz Clortho don't do anything except be creepy in human form and run amok in terror dog form. They can barely even think for themselves and just Zuul wouldn't make a good main villain at all.
>>
>>71899295
And where Bill phoned it in, Egon more than made up for it. Ernie Hudson, Dan, and Will Atherton did well, but Ramis really gave it his all; Egon fit him like a glove.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.