[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOT Gods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: thenightisdark.jpg (57 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
thenightisdark.jpg
57 KB, 550x400
The only gods we have really seen interact with the GOT world are the old gods and R'hllor, the lord of light. Does this mean that the seven are kinda bullshit and not real gods?
>>
>>71897860
R'hllor isn't what you think it is. Trust me.
>>
>that fucked up kerning between the h and t
>>
So far the only things that R'hllor has done can be interpreted to have been done by the Old Gods. When Dondarrion is resurrected he appears at the foot of an (elm?) tree, the same kind that have the faces.

It doesn't happen in the series but Stannis' harlequin gains prophetic visions from the drowned god.
>>
File: High_Sparrow.jpg (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
High_Sparrow.jpg
40 KB, 512x512
>For the Seven are my ally, and a powerful ally are. They create life, make it grow. Their light surrounds us and binds us.

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
I'm not sure if it's explicit in the books, but the Seven are meant to be aspects of the one god. Hence, the rainbows.

Lord of Light, One True God, Many-Faced God, The Great Other; they're all the same.
>>
>>71897860
Are saying religion is all baloney? Like as if someone just made it up?
>>
>>71898073
That he'll be in Episode IX to get the meme audience.
>>
>>71897860
Drowned God one true God. You think the night is dark and full of terrors? Wait till you see what fucking awful things live down in the sea jesus fuck.
>>
>>71898095
No. It's obvious there's some serious shit going on in the background of Ice and Fire. The question is who or what is causing it all, and is it just one entity. The Many Faced god has also displayed some credence. In fact most of the non-Seven gods have. Only the Seven have been doing essentially nothing.
>>
>>71898282
But in this hypothetical god-battle, would not the strongest deity let the rabble sort itself out?
>>
>>71898547
That is a good point. Would make for an interesting twist if the Seven grew tired of the wars going on and stepped in.
>>
>>71897860
We haven't really seen any interaction with any of the gods of the GoT's universe.

So from the old gods all we've seen is magic and Children of the Forest, and they don't really prove the old gods exist or anything.

And we have no evidence R'hllor has interacted with any of the characters. Melisandre appears to have lost much of her confidence in the way she supposedly reads the Lord of Light's signs. For all we know she's just a witch.

GRR Martin is an atheist. I think when it comes to religion, he'll make it all bullshit in one way or another.
>>
File: 02-isaac-hempstead_silo.png (288 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
02-isaac-hempstead_silo.png
288 KB, 900x600
>>71897957
But what if I think it is Bran Stark?
>>
>>71898041
> (elm?)
How can one anon be this stupid?
>>
File: BminyWhCIAA0zqa.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BminyWhCIAA0zqa.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>71899340
I would say you are one smart cookie.
>>
File: 1467074607427.png (315 KB, 401x587) Image search: [Google]
1467074607427.png
315 KB, 401x587
>>71899415
clever biscuit, actually.
>>
There's no guarantee that the actions of the Red Priests are actually a result of Rhllor and not just magic like is supposedly practiced all around the world of GoT
>>
I don't think there are any god in the show, just magic
>>
>>71899564
In the show at least Smelly didn't really do fucking anything but pray during Jon's res. It's pretty clear a demon resurrected him.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.