[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outlander
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: serveimage.jpg (139 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
139 KB, 1024x683
Wow season 2 just ended

and there are over 9000 shit GOT threads talking about how garbage the office small talk show is.

Last episode of season 2 was the manliest tears.

HYPED FOR SEASON 3

"Claire, you have to go back... to the future"

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6HnDAeR8U
>>
>>71896319
I LOVE this show so much..
>>
I feel bad, but I just can't get into this show with the whole going back to the future back to the past in the future babies etc storyline. I liked it more when it was just a lady being stuck in the past.
>>
>>71896319
Isn't this the show where Edmure Tully gets cucked?
>>
>>71896853
Edmure Tully gets cucked by a guy in a kilt
Edmure Tully rapes a guy in a kilt.
Edmure Tully can't get it up
Edmure Tully gets stabbed in the dick
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (50 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
50 KB, 736x552
Lemme try and sell this show to you guys

>the books are not written by some lazy hack
>the show has gore, violence and brutality
>the actors are fucking amazing and talented
>the characters are well fleshed out and feel like real people
>the actor playing king Louise will make you see what real talent is
>top notch fucking
>constant foreshowing and irony, plot is always 3 steps ahead
>french accents
>british accents
>scottish accents
>60s east coast american accents
>amazing wardrobe and scenery
>learn about history

>Clairuh!
>jaymee!

>EVERYONE IS WHITE

>>71896375
h-hey friend

>>71896791
I felt that way for a bit until it was all wrapped up; after that it felt more natural

>>71896853
yee, gets cucked from the 1700s

>>71896914
and if that is not a selling point I have no idea what else would be
>>
>>71896914
>that rape scene
>>
Far better than this season of GoT, kinda sad no one watches it and writes it off as a chick show. Referring to normies not people here
>>
>>71897047
Is that Radmunds ?
>>
Looks like I'm going to a fucking barbecue
>>
>>71897047
it was hot and disturbing..

>>71897118
I'm actually wondering why Geillis needs a human sacrifice to travel though.. maybe it's in Claire's genes? (and her daughter)
>>
File: outlander-ron-moore-starz.jpg (2 MB, 3965x2230) Image search: [Google]
outlander-ron-moore-starz.jpg
2 MB, 3965x2230
>Leave tvkino to me

What did he mean by this?

memes aside, I really would've liked more any Frank or Jack in the finale
>>
>>71896989
i love the show but the wiki synopsis of the books sounds just awful and makes me not really want to watch the next two seasons
>>
>>71896319
This show is super lame, this cunt goes back in the past and armed with her future knowledge she does precisely fuck all. She waffles around about helping some kiltfuckers, doesn't really commit to it and kind of half assedly helps enough to still fuck up timelines but not enough to really actually help.

Fucking commit to it you stupid weak bitch. Make them scottish fags some AK's or teach them how to make black powder. The story is basically 'how women can fuck up even time travel and make it lame as shit - the story'.

I only watched like 3 episodes though.
>>
>>71898023
its a woman's sexual fantasy show not a male's power fantasy
>>
>>71898023

>Make them scottish fags some AK
>implying she knows how
>implying they even existed before she went back in time
>teach them how to make black powder
>implying they don't already know how

lmao
>>
>>71898023
>AK rifles
>during the Edwardian period
>tech them how to make black powder
>they have muskets

But yeah, she probably should have told them to put spiral grooves into their barrels, or told them to fucking stock up on a lot more muskets and mortars instead of bulk ordering swords.
>>
>>71898063

It's perhaps the most overglorified Dr Who fanfic ever, but I love it regardless
>>
>>71898072
>>71898154
well okay, like i said i only watched a couple of episodes a year or so ago. There's plenty of tech she could introduce early and give them a significant advantage though. She was from WWII era britain wasn't she?
>>
>>71898269
Post World War 1, so really the only thing she could have informed them about was the importance of rifling your barrels.

But really, there was no saving the sheep fuckers. They didn't have a trained army and barely any learned officers, while the Brits were a functional military power. Disparity between clansmen and the people that were called to arms. The Scottish clans had muskets, but not nearly as many as they should have, while all the ghetto sheep fuckers that drummed up from villages were running around with farming equipment and claymores. When they went to battle, all the rich clansmen with their muskets stood at the front to shoot and have the country's entire upperclass be shredded by the return fire. Seriously, they needed more muskets, for everyone. EVERYONE.
On the otherside, the British were long past the New Model Army. They didn't need entire regiments of dudes with pikes, everyone had a musket and was doing that "three shots a minute" jazz.
>highland charge
>three shots a minute

Bitch should have told them to arm properly and possibly hax in some rifling so people could actually shoot for shit.
Really, just more muskets and possibly "maybe you sheep fuckers should learn how to fight?" Would have made all the difference.
>>
>it's a "jamie gives good advice put the prince marking ignores it" episode
>>
>>71898845
MARK ME
A
R
K

M
E

Honestly, his mark me tilts me.
>>
>>71898154
did she know much about guns?

I think her and jamie focused too much on avoiding history instead of using it to their advantage
>>
>>71899903
She was an army medic, so at the very least she'd know that being hit by a bullet is worse than not being hit by a bullet. Rifling wasn't exactly a trade secret in the 1900s.
Didn't even need to know about guns beyond the fact that you really want to have them when you're in a war.
Yes, she wanted to avoid it, but when shit went irreversible and they had to make the best of the timeline halfway through the season, there was like a three to four month span.
She really should have said "Jamie, use the French money buy some fookan guns."
>that last battle, one in six Scotts died because they were running across a fucking field with swords and axes against mortars, field guns, and muskets
Narrative wise, it would not have been good to actually change time, because women buying supermarket romance novels can't into alternate history genre.
>>
>>71900345
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Culloden

rekt
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.