[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You've been hired to write and direct a Bioshock adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: bioshock.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
bioshock.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
You've been hired to write and direct a Bioshock adaptation

How would you handle it?
>>
make it a horror movie where there's a guy running from the monster thing on the box art.
>>
Return to /v/eddit forthwith cad.
>>
Horribly. I'm not qualified to do either
>>
File: 1637477962.jpg (24 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
1637477962.jpg
24 KB, 500x307
>>71895423
I could write it, but for direction I would get the studio to hire top tier DP to tell me what to do.
>>
>>71895423
Force cast a nigger as the lead and have armies of feminist and SJW rid me of all personal responsibility for its quality
>>
>>71895423

I'd just screenplay the story as is and keep the visual style as intact as possible.

I hate when writers think they can do a better job and fuck everything up.

I don't care, as a consumer, if I already know the plot twist. A re-write isn't worth shitting all over the art.
>>
>>71897629
The problem is that the interactivity of the narrative and the illusion of choice that a player takes for granted is 100% integral to the "would you kindly" reveal that is at the core of the game's story.
>>
>>71895497
/thread
>>
>>71897982

Maybe deal with the compulsion via a second character that accompanies the protagonist.

Maybe the second character isn't even real, and is a mental manifestation of the conditioning and key word triggers and keeps pushing the action along towards the reveal and beyond.
>>
>>71895423
I'd make it about System Shock instead.
>>
File: dominic-cooper.jpg (30 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
dominic-cooper.jpg
30 KB, 507x338
>>71895423
cast this guy as Andrew Ryan
>>
Set it before the game. Show the fall of Rapture by following around a bunch of new characters.
>>
File: elizabeth.jpg (68 KB, 1100x670) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth.jpg
68 KB, 1100x670
The real question is who would you cast as the ultimate waifu in a Bioshock Infinite adaptation
>>
File: 740full-alexandra-dowling.jpg (18 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
740full-alexandra-dowling.jpg
18 KB, 500x347
>>71898355

Infinite is objectively inferior to 1 and 2
>>
File: emilia-clarke.jpg (217 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
emilia-clarke.jpg
217 KB, 1600x800
>>71898355
>>
>>71898355

Do the whole thing in CG.

Original voice actors.
>>
Well since I never played the game I assume I would be the most qualified to direct it

So I'll just read the wiki synopsis and go from there
>>
>>71898380
Yes but they lack prime waifu material
>>
The story of the father turned Big Daddy in Bioshock 2. Apparently it was from a promo prequel novel.

I just like the idea of a father having his daughter stolen by big sisters (replaced with splicers in the movie), and then heading out to sea trying to find her. Then a straight horror with him finding his metamorphosed daughter and teaming up with her at the 75% mark.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.