[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some scenes from an innocent show that caught you off guard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: rugrats1.jpg (147 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
rugrats1.jpg
147 KB, 1024x765
What are some scenes from an innocent show that caught you off guard?
>>
>>71891380
where can I watch old episodes of Rugrats (before it was brought back in the mid-90s)? I imagine they were better than I remember them.
>>
>>71891422
Watch them right here, on the internet
>>
>>71891422
there are a bunch on youtube
>>
>>71891380
the animation from the pilot creeps me out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCKppGYRcvw
>>
>>71891566
Early Rugrats as a whole has a really unsettling vibe about it. I can't put my finger on what it is, but the whole show makes me feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>71891670
It's very uncanny valley with the character movements and faces
>>
>>71891566
the pilot was directed by the guy who made aeon flux, so it's probably that
>>
>>71891566
I think that the little touch of creepyness and some wierd scenes and tones and outright jokes or references aimed at adults is what made these cartoons so intriguing and memorable as a child.

Like getting glimpses of things you arent supposed to see, and getting a bit fucked up from it, so it stays in your mind.

Rocco's modern life, ren and stimpy, rugrats, hey arnold, etc etc

everything is so clean and sterile and harmless and fake nowadays
>>
>>71891833
this, and he directed the opening too. It's fucking great.
>>
>>71892157
>everything is so clean and sterile and harmless and fake nowadays
What is adventure time?
>>
>>71892257
>What is adventure time?
Clean and sterile. Can't you read?
>>
>>71892415
go fudge yourself
>>
>>71892257
>>71892442
>faced with reality
AT is extremely safe and sterile in the way it tries to be edgy.

That said, I like((((d)))) the show .
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 500x282
>>71891380
probably when Heffer is force to eat and he cries while eating. shit bugged me out
>>
>>71892623
rocko's modern life is full of adult references. there's a hispanic dude on youtube who goes over them in depth and it's quite shocking.
>>
>>71892499
He was clearly making a joke
>>
>>71891380
I bet this shit would look great in HD
>>
>>71892623
How big is really really big man
>>
RETURN THE SLAB
>>
>>71892952
THE MAN IN GAUZE
>>
>>71891566
Honestly the animation is pretty interesting/impressive
>>
>>71892696
Do you have a link?
>>
>>
>>71891380
Rocko's Modern Life when Karen goes for a job and she's killed and processed into grocery store chicken breast.

Fuck that still gets me.
>>
>>71893170
That's what I was thinking, the cinematography and animation is better than the show itself.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.