[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best revenge movie of all time and why is it John Wick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 240x360
What is the best revenge movie of all time and why is it John Wick
>>
It's Oldboy though.
>>
>>71888085
>it's an underage OP
>>
Revenge of the Sith you fucking idiot
>>
File: killbill.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
killbill.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
This or For A Few Dollars More
>>
>>71888085
Nigga please.
>>
>>71888085
The Crow was better.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 270x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 270x397
HOL UP

BEST REVENGE MOVIE COMING THROUGH
>>
>>71888085
The Chan-wook Park trilogy and Kill Bill are both better recent revenge movies
>>
>he doesn't know about the count of monte cristo

get your shit together OP
>>
killbert
>>
>>71888272
>>71888293
Cristomind
>>
>>71888272
yeah tru dis too
>>
>>71888085
That's not how you spell Old Boy.

John Wick could've been amazing but it devolved into this long action sequence that felt like watching someone play a 3rd-person shooter. At one point I got bored and just started counting head shots. I lost count at twenty-something and got bored again.

There have been multiple movies, but The Count of Monte Cristo is the best revenge story of all time. Pretty decent sandwich too.
>>
Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
>>
>>71888465
You're crazy. The club scene was amazing.
>>
>>71888085
The Revenant
>>
>>71888272
>>71888293
>movie

I mean yes it's a good movie, but it's still better to read the book. And I don't just say that because it's my favorite novel, I just mean that of adaptations in general.
>>
Dead man's shoes

Best revenge film ever, if you ain't watched it you should.
>>
File: dms.jpg (33 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
dms.jpg
33 KB, 630x630
>>71888085
>Implying.
>>
Man on fire
>>
>>71888465
>but The Count of Monte Cristo is the best revenge story of all time.

Hell no. I loved that movie but it is nowhere near the likes of gladiator, Once Upon a Time In The West, Leon, Kill Bill, The Crow. Hell... I even consider gangs of new york better.
>>
>>71888794
I love long novels, but this one in particular strikes me as "I was paid by the word and it shows".
Dumas' strong point isn't his usage of french but his ability to craft stories and compelling characters, qualities that translate exceedingly well into film while allowing for a shave of the superfluous.

Also, bookfaggotry is not related to the thread. The film is by far one of the best revenge movies out there and the quality of the literary adaptatoin is irrelevant.
fakk off
>>
A Bittersweet Life, Leon, Gladiator, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Memento, Speed
>>
>>71888919
the crow, kill bill and GoNYC better than monte cristo...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
>>
>>71889367
damn dude. time to hop off caviezel dick. only explanation for such faggotry.
>>
>>71888106
Why'd he cut his tongue out again?
>>
>>71888919
Get out fag
>>
>>71889583

because his loose words caused the whole mess he was in and when he found out he had been manipulated into banging his daughter and realized there was little he could do to stop it from being revealed to her he did so as penance
>>
>>71889941
>likes pleb movies for plebs

After you faggot.
>>
>>71890053
>he likes movies for little kids

women and children first
>>
>>71890209
>autist quoting titantic after saying a pleb movie is the greatest revenge movie of all time

Naturally.
>>
That's not A Bittersweet Life
>>
>>71890314
>"women and children first"
>only ever said in the titanic movie

You're the only autist here
>>
everyone in this thread is right... fuck
>>
>>71890314
>quoting Titanic
Are you high? Are you actually high right now? Cause you gotta be some kinda millenial braindead faggot to think that phrase comes from Jim Cameron garbage. GTFO.
>>
i dont even like tarantino and part of me wants to say kill bill (vol.1)

i wish this was a joke
>>
>>71890879
When some faggot is claiming that TCoMC is the greatest revenge movie of all time it was perfectly acceptable to assume that's what he meant, seeing as he is a pleb with pleb taste.

also...
>Jim Cameron garbage

lol oh you. You're such a patrician aren't you.
>>
File: 1468266787453.jpg (57 KB, 600x574) Image search: [Google]
1468266787453.jpg
57 KB, 600x574
>>71890314

>implying Titanic isn't a revenge story about our comrades in the proletariat sacrificing themselves to destroy the bourgeoisie and the decadent symbol of excessive capitalism that was the Titanic
>>
what are some good action-filled movies bros

bloody and ultra violent is a bonus, but it doesn't have to have it

i'm getting burnt out on romantic melodramas
>>
>>71891036
Naw, he stole all his ideas from original movies. Your instincts are OK, anon!
>>
>>
>>71891041
What has j.c. made that wasn't stolen blatantly? What has j.c. made that wasn't intended purely for making money from plebs??
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Faggot.

Oh, and only plebs whinge on about 'plebs' and 'patricians' and 'kino' and such garbage. You really can't stop being a cancerous faggot, can (You)?
>>
>>71891041
>he is a pleb with pleb taste

in the same post as

>lol oh you. You're such a patrician aren't you.

Are you having a stroke you mouth breathing retard lmao
>>
>>
>>71891368
>You really can't stop being a cancerous faggot, can (You)?

Says the faggot who just dismissed one of the greatest directors of our time. Sure he makes hollywoodized blockbusters, sure he has stolen ideas(who hasn't), but he has made some of the best movies in history and you are a true faggot to even deny that. Next you'll say something stupid like arnold isn't the greatest action star in history. Go clean up that neck anon, and brush that hot pocket off your teeth. You fucking stink kid.
>>
File: 1467470092435.gif (2 MB, 250x181) Image search: [Google]
1467470092435.gif
2 MB, 250x181
>>71891504
The true patricians choice
>>
>>71888272
I'm actually surprised this is mentioned here. It's a yearly rewatch for me. Always go on a binge and watch it with The Mask of Zorro, and the Man in the Iron Mask. Gotta love that swash buckling.
>>
File: deal with it.gif (647 KB, 400x154) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
647 KB, 400x154
>>71891615
>James Cameron
>one of the greatest directors of our time
>Arnold
>greatest action star in history
No one's saying you can't enjoy what you enjoy, anon. But saying the shit you are saying is just not allowed.
Qualify that shit, faggot. Or prepare for more butthurt.
>>
>>71891835
I'd bitchslap you if I could. You're either 60 years old or a typical 20 year old punkass faggot who thinks he knows everything like everyone else your age. I'll go with the latter and honestly anon... fix yourself and your shitty taste before it's too late.
>>
>>71891938
Let the butthurt flow through you, young padawan. Meanwhile, we're all really keen to hear an actual constructive argument come out of your faggot hole.
>>
>>71888085
Watched it last night. It was alright. Nothing amazing like /tv/ told me

Was very atheistic though
>>
File: mk.jpg (707 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
mk.jpg
707 KB, 2560x1600
All these underaged faggots in this thread.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.