[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know of any movies similar to this? I find it extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
Does anyone know of any movies similar to this?

I find it extremely cozy. I'm not sure if it's the historical setting, the nautical setting, or something else. pls help, I want to be comfy
>>
File: ;^).gif (685 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
;^).gif
685 KB, 500x500
>>71887179
bump, haha all these ghostbusters threads are sure great haha
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
you could try watching the Bounty
>>
>>71888289
I heard 1935 Mutiny on the Bounty is top comfy, though I am yet to watch it.
>>
>>71888289
This looks pretty rad, thanks
>>
>>71887179
Das Boot
>>
>>71888436
this
>>
>>71888436
I saw this already, but that's a good one.
>>
>>71887179
This is it boss. Enjoy this masterpiece for what it is, you won't find anything like it ever again.
>>
>>71888289
How the fuck have I never heard of this movie before? Is it trash?
>>
>>71888995
It's supposedly a classic, has three adaptations.

1935 version has Gable, and Gable was Hitlers favorite actor, now how can it be bad?
>>
File: jeremiahjohnson1.jpg (239 KB, 994x1000) Image search: [Google]
jeremiahjohnson1.jpg
239 KB, 994x1000
>>71887179
It kind of reminds me of Jeremiah Johnson; they're both virtually perfect, mostly-realistic snapshots of historical life.
>>
Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes 72 & Fitzcarraldo 82
The Thief of Bagdad 24
Beau Geste 39
Gunga Din 39
The Man Who Would Be King 75
Captain Blood 35 & The Sea Hawk 40 & The Adventures of Robin Hood 38
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre 48
Deliverance 72
The Sand Pebbles 66
The Bridge on the River Kwai 57
Pirates 86
Moby Dick 56
Kon-Tiki 50
Mutiny on the Bounty 35
Napoléon vu par Abel Gance 27
The Black Pirate 26
Die Spinnen, 1. Teil - Der Goldene See 19
Cabiria 14
Steamboat Bill, Jr. 28
>>
barry lyndon
scaramouche
treasure of the sierra madre
fanny and alexander (tv version)
>>
File: hornblower.jpg (57 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
hornblower.jpg
57 KB, 352x500
>>71887179
TV series from the early 2000s called Hornblower is pretty decent if you like the historical setting.
>>
Why are women unable to appreciate historical settings in works of fiction?
>>
>>71887179
Sadly, this movie is one of a a kind, and settings like the Napoleonic wars and times like that aren't big crowd pleasers.
>>
>>71890483
Women are extremely "now" creatures, even their manner of talk is sort of at-the-moment, when you hear a woman speak and she says stuff, just add "now" e.g. "I don't want kids (right now)", "I'll love you forever (for now)" etc. Women don't really have the ability neither to look backwards and analyze their mistakes (well neither do some men), hence they are more prone to repeating them, being mostly emotional creatures.

And as Fascists said, war is for men what motherhood is for women, so there you have it, it's because they are dumb hoes.
>>
>>71887179

i never fucking understood this movie, can anyone explain it for me? thanks
>>
>>71891190
It's about man's desire to rape.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.