[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got back from seeing this. AMA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 23
File: image.png (2 MB, 1604x802) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1604x802
I just got back from seeing this.

AMA.
>>
>>71876912
Well? How was it?
>>
>>71876912
what did the audience look like
>>
rating out of 10?
>>
>>71876912
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>71877030
This
>>
Stealing the fifth reply from the gazzele gatherers
>>
>>71876912
Why are you such a faggot OP?
>>
does Harambe get shot?
>>
>>71876912
How many fa/tv/irgins did you see with their hoodies on?
>>
>>71877002
Pretty bad, almost none of the jokes land, the plot is extremely predictable, and the trailers give everything away. That being said for all the commotion made about the heavy-handed feminism, there is actually very little, they never make men look bad or have patriarchy jokes, it's literally ghostbusters, but they're women. The shilling of feminism isn't it's problem, it's problem is that it's unfunny and extremely forgettable.

>>71877031
About a 4/10

>>71877030
Parents with young children and a few teenage boys, the cinema was only 1/3 full.

>>71877099
Because I have no friends, skills, or a will to live.
>>
>>71877343
>they never make men look bad or have patriarchy jokes
I've been hearing that all the men are assholes, pussies, or morons though. Like a school president flipping them off with a double bird and saying things like "I thought I let you off ten years ago" and such. Seems pretty anti-men.
>>
>>71877343
>Pretty bad, almost none of the jokes land, the plot is extremely predictable, and the trailers give everything away.
Did you get any indication on how the rest of the audience felt?

Are you in the UK?
>>
>>71877343

The commotion didn't come out the film being filled with feminism, it came out of feminists being butthurt that the film and the trailer were being rejected completely before the film came out. People didn't really complain about the feminism until fucktards over at places like The Guardian made it about that.
>>
File: 1452737638288.jpg (8 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1452737638288.jpg
8 KB, 229x220
>>71876912
Thanks for your money my goy.
>>
>>71877535
Not really true, the biggest asshole in the movie is that bitchy politician woman, so it's not all anti-men the "ten-years ago" joke has nothing to do with sexism, Wiigs character gets fired from her college because of her belief in ghosts. McCarthy works in a different college that has a paranormal department, she reassures wiig that her college with fund their investigations because they're open-minded and believe paranormal research is a valid field. It then hard cuts to her boss talking to them in an office and he says angrily "wait!, your department is still open? I thought we shut that down ten years ago?" Which is supposed to be humorous as she's been mooching off the uni for years without realising, thinking that they think Paranormal research is a serious field.

Chris Hemsworths character is made to be the most likeable character, he's an idiot but not in a "LOL men are dumb" kinda way, ozy osbourne makes a cameo. Honestly the whole anti-men angle is a bit of a stretch, there is very little "girl power" moments. They never even draw attention to them being women.

>>71877556
There were very little laughs in the audience. The only real laugh that was had throughout the audience, was at the very beginning a tour guide is showing a group of tourists around an old haunted house (the one where wiig gets puked on by the ghost in the trailer.) , he mentions that at the time it was built it had state of the art anti-Irish security fences. We all had a laugh at that. I live in Ireland. Besides that, the only laughs were had by the young children at the slapstick humour throughout. Nobody in the cinema stayed to watch through the credits scenes if that's any indication.
>>
>>71876912
Since this seems to something dividing critics; did the four main leads have any chemistry between them?
>>
>>71878631
Not really, Wiig and McCarthy had chemistry simply because they're the only characters that have a history, but even then it wasn't great, Contrary to popular opinion, I really disliked McKinnons character, I found her to be really forced and her "quirky" level was set to 11, she was weird for the sake of weird and didn't get a single chuckle out of me. The black one wasn't funny either and comes into it about 1/3 the way in. None of the characters playoff each other's personalities like they did in the original. It's like they were assigned a certain character archetype and the humour stems from them being "that" type of person, as opposed to witty banter between each other, the laughs are supposed to come from individual actions of the characters.
>>
>>71877343
>Pretty bad, almost none of the jokes land, the plot is extremely predictable, and the trailers give everything away. That being said for all the commotion made about the heavy-handed feminism, there is actually very little, they never make men look bad or have patriarchy jokes, it's literally ghostbusters, but "they're women. The shilling of feminism isn't it's problem, it's problem is that it's unfunny and extremely forgettable."

I wish all reviews were in this tone.

this is exactly my prediction for the movie. thanks for being a g. You did this so your brothers wouldn't have to. You did a good deed today
>>
Is it true there is a joke involving a dumb delivery man?
>>
>>71879081
I don't know about that, what I know is that chris hemsworth character is a total idiot
>>
How much did you want to die whilst watching it?
>>
>>71876912
How fast do you think you'll forget about this movie. I think my record was literally 6 hours with the recent independence day. I was talking to my brother the day I saw it and literally went, "oh yeah I just saw it"
>>
>>71879081
Yes, there's a really forced joke when McCarthy is ordering a Chinese take away about three times throughout the movie, whenever the delivery man comes and gives her her won-ton soup, there's only one won-ton in it, and she sends him back and berates him for it. In the end when they save the day he turns up and gives her soup that's just all won-tons with very liitle soup to show his appreciation and she says "Look, all I want is a nice soup to win-ton ratio, is that too much to ask?" When testing their weapons earlier in the movie they accidentally blow up his delivery moped, which he give a sad "I have the worst luck ever" expression when he sees it.

>>71879532
Not too much, it's actually quite short and as I said there nothing in it that pissed me off, all the reports of jokes about periods, fucking white males and the patriarchy are either not true, taken out of context or exaggerated. The movies pretty bad though, the jokes are incredibly lame, but I have a high tolerance for shit movies.

>>71879677
Very, Very quickly, it's kinda like the robocop remake, where it's so similar to the original, but just worse in every way, but yet not bad enough to Burn itself into your memory. It's just pointless, and never does anything exceptionally well, or exteptionally badly, it's just a worse version of classic ghostbusters that never needed to be made, it's almost beat for beat the same, just with different locations, less likeable characters, worse jokes, and the ghostbusters ghost instead of stay puft. I'll have forgotten it in two days. In a year I'll have forgot they even remade ghostbusters. In the future they'll be making top 10 lists of "remakes you never realised were made of classic movies" and this will be number 3, and I'll "holy shit, remember when they did that?, what the fuck?". Nobody will remember it in a month.
>>
File: 1319393476458.png (334 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1319393476458.png
334 KB, 551x550
>>71876912
>seeing this
>>
File: 1467956508010.jpg (64 KB, 822x544) Image search: [Google]
1467956508010.jpg
64 KB, 822x544
Is it true that they don't really do much capturing/containing of ghosts, and just kind of blast them with lasers until they explode/fall to the ground?
>>
How are the special effects?
>>
>>71881191
Not OP (maybe he can confirm) but my understanding is the lore is explained as containment, then halfway/two thirds through the movie they just start blowing up ghosts, directly contradicting what they had explained earlier.
>>
>>71881191
Yes, this is mostly true, the only time they capture a ghost, is that scene at the heavy metal concert with the winged demon ghost. They capture that one, then back at base they let it out and it kills Bill Murray (I'm not joking.) They never catch another ghost in the movie. In the end when the bad guy opens a portal into the spirit realm and all the ghosts are unleashed on New York, they go to tomes square and fight them all in a relatively lengthy action sequence with their proton weapons. They never capture any of these ghosts, they just lasso them, swing them to the ground and they disappear. Which makes no sense.

Loving the questions, keep them coming.
>>
File: 1467606747917.jpg (5 KB, 200x236) Image search: [Google]
1467606747917.jpg
5 KB, 200x236
>>71881364

>They never catch another ghost in the movie.
>They never capture any of these ghosts, they just lasso them, swing them to the ground and they disappear.

Christ.
>>
>>71881237
Pretty OK, all the ghosts are CGI, which is to be expected, like the other GB's movies, the ghosts look really cartoony and exaggerated, so the CG not looking realistic isn't really a problem. I actually enjoyed the ghosts designs though, they're really colourful. The giant ghostbusters ghost at the end looks like a giant sack cloth, a bit like oogie-boogie from the nightmare before Christmas, and I thought that was an interesting choice.
>>
>>71881364
>They capture that one, then back at base they let it out and it kills Bill Murray (I'm not joking.

Sounds like he finally (sort of) got his wish....
>>
>>71881564

I'm pretty sure he specifically stated he wanted his character killed off so he would never have to be a part of this shit ever again.
>>
>>71878018
>state of the art anti-Irish security fences.

kek
>>
Who do you think the target audience for this movie was?
>>
>>71876912
Is the positive score in RT is justified?
>>
>>71881564
>>71881583
He's not playing his original character though. He's playing a public figure who's sceptical that ghosts exist and is determined to prove the ghostbusters are frauds. He turns up at their apartment and demands proof, they place the trap containing the concert ghost on the ground and open it, they have their proton weapons pointed at it so they can leash it when it comes out, but it opens and nothing happens. The lower their weapons, Bill Murray is like "well, that settles it" and then the ghost shoots out at Murray and throws him through a glass window to his death. Then Chis Hemsworths comes in and dopily says "that man left through the wrong door?" The team looks at him with an "are you kidding me?" Look.
>>
>>71881831
I think it was aimed at young kids indicated by all the low-brow humour, and Ghostbusters fans (even though I think ghostbusters fans would hate it) indicated by all the fan service. I think they made an attempt at making fans like it, but they pulled it off badly.

>>71881873
Not at all. As I said above, for a movie that's supposed to be a comedy, it's really not funny, if you enjoyed the Heat or spy, there's a chance you'll like it as its a similar type of humour, but even then it's not even half as competent as those movies. Very little of the jokes are funny, and with most comedies there are two or three major comedic set pieces with smaller jokes dispersed throughout, here it's just smaller jokes that are rarely funny. So it doesn't accomplish its job as a movie that makes you laugh. As a ghostbusters movie it's just a remake of the first one that's inferior on every level, so what's the point.

It doesn't deserve its positive score on RT, I'd give the movie a 4/10, simply because, while its bad, it's not painfully bad and I never felt any contempt towards it that would warrant a below 40%
>>
>>71876912
What Super Power would you NOT want?
>>
>>71876912
OP here, there's also a scene where Wiigs character gets caught on tape raving about ghosts, and it gets put on youtube and it goes viral, they read the comments and it says something around the lines of "ghostbusters, more like ghostbitches." , which is an obvious reference to the less than stellar reception the movies initial trailer got.
>>
>>71876912
how about you faggot post your ticket as proof?
>>
>>71883049
One that would make me so all-powerful and borderline omnipotent, that I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything as I'd know deep down that every second I wasn't using my powers to save people I would essentially be killing people through neglect. You couldn't enjoy anything, want to relax and watch tv? There are people dying all over the world and you are condemning them to death, which makes you a bad person.

That would suck.
>>
File: 1468158588607.png (88 KB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1468158588607.png
88 KB, 280x358
>>71882026
>Bill Murray is like "well, that settles it" and then the ghost shoots out at Murray and throws him through a glass window to his death.

That sounds like a good metaphor for how they are treating the Ghostbusters IP
>>
>>71883123
Why would I lie? It came out today. Trust me, everything said here is 100% true, when more people see it, you'll know this is all true.
>>
File: GhostbustersStepOnFag.jpg (42 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
GhostbustersStepOnFag.jpg
42 KB, 540x405
>>71877343
>They kill the final boss with all four of the stronk womyn shooting him in the dicks with their proton packs.

Nope, no misandry here!

Ghostbusters!
>>
Do you think there will be a 'Ghostbusters Universe' based off of this movie's success?
>>
is paul feig gay?
>>
>>71883323
If it makes enough money

>>71883330
Might as well be
>>
>>71883243
My god Leslie Jones looks horrific.
>>
>>71883330
Doesn't he hate all men because his dad walked out on him?
>>
>>71883352
Was she just a stereotypical black woman throughout the whole movie?

Did that ever get annoying?
>>
>>71883420
His dad never walked out on him he's just a huge momma's boy pussy to the nth degree.
>>
>>71876912
How many people laughed and how many sounded like cackling women?
>>
One last question. Is anyone here going to see this? Like, is this on your 'to do' list?

"Oh I just have to check this out!"

Whom among us feels that way?

Please let it be known.
>>
>>71883541
A friend of mine is a girl, and a huge ghostbuster fan and definitely going to go see it. However, it's because McKinnon's character is so over the top quirky it appeals to her (as someone who is legit quirky)
My sister wants to see it too, but she doesn't have high expectations. She's more excited for AbFab.

Other than that, I know of no one who's going to see it.

My wife is more interested in Suicide Squad than Ghostbusters, and she doesn't read comics.
>>
>>71881603
Based Murray probably added this.
>>
>>71883330
He's a follower of Christian Science so he obviously pretends he doesn't have those urges or can pray the gay away.
But the man is fucking gay. Like so obvious Ray Charles can see it and he's dead. Like Jim Parsons coming out and surprising no one gay.
>>
>>71883541
I will only watch it if this girl I have a crush on wants to watch it but if she does it will be weeks from now because we'd only go to the local small town cinema where the ticket is super cheap, if they ever even show this movie at all
>>
>>71883693
>I will only watch it if this girl I have a crush
What are you a kid?
Fucking man up and just ask her out on a date or fuck off with that secret crush Doug Funnie shit.
>>
>>71876912
Whats your age? Whats your sexuality? How much do you enjoy original Ghostbuster movies and how well do you know them?
>>
Is there anything genuinely creepy? A lot of the shit in Sigourney Weaver's apartment, especially the fridge scene scared me to death when I was a kid and it still really creeps me out.
>>
>>71883756
>being this autistic
>>
File: GhostbustersMFW.jpg (303 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
GhostbustersMFW.jpg
303 KB, 1160x979
>>71883627
I haven't met a single person in Hong Kong who is the least bit interested. They don't even know what's happening with the franchise until I tell them and they're all like 'Get the fuck out of here!'.

Not only is no one in Hong Kong going to see it, most people don't even fucking believe it.

This thing is going to fall on its ass so hard it will forever be known as the number one franchise wrecker in Hollywood history.

Shit it.
>>
>>71883541
Go to the theatre for this? No. I'm curous enough to pirate the BD/webDL and try to watch it though, that's on my to do list.
>>
>>71876912
how does it feel being a nu-male manchild
>>
>>71876912
Its so odd that a movie like this to be so mediocre. Its fine that they didn't take a stance, but then what was the point. Everyone wanted to believe it wasn't just a cashgrab but in the end thats all it was. I won't see the movie, although I probably was never going to see the movie unless it got suprisingly good reviews, which it didn't.
>>
>>71877343
>The shilling of feminism isn't it's problem, it's problem is that it's unfunny and extremely forgettable.

That was what I thought was going to be the case from day 1
>>
>>71883770
I was never crazy about ghostbusters but the guy in the painting creeped me out as a kid
>>
>>71876912
Was is rape?
>>
>>71883330
He's a fag for sure.

He agreed with Heigl about knocked up, and complained superbad was a "bullying" movie.

Appointed himself the feminist director for females since there are no competent female directors.
>>
>>71883793
yeah, but with a budget that low, they can afford to flop in the asian market.
>>
File: GhostbustersPullThePlugPls.jpg (121 KB, 960x642) Image search: [Google]
GhostbustersPullThePlugPls.jpg
121 KB, 960x642
>>71883799
Checked.

And I will bet dollars to donuts you won't be able to sit through the whole thing.

Have you seen the best parts already, like everyone else here?

This film is going to be complete dogshit.

One Semi-Hollywood star, One SNL alumni (Wiig), and a hardcore nigger and a hardcore dyke.

GHOSTBUSTERS! JUST LIKE EVERYONE REMEMBERS!

Think about it. This thing is going to crash and burn so bad we won't be allowed to talk about it.

It will be that bad.
>>
>>71883792
Yeah not being a fucking puss with oneitis is autistic.
Keep being a weak willing bitch junior you'll go far. .
>>
I know this is marketed for children so did it have any raunchy jokes? They had that shot of Mckinnon suggestively licking her guns in the trailer.
>>
>>71883793
>>71883931
The fact they had these cunts doing hospital visits before the movie was even finished, before it was even out, is disgusting.
>>
>>71883931
>>71883793
>spawn camping.png
>>
File: GhostbusterDyingPepe.jpg (126 KB, 1092x1037) Image search: [Google]
GhostbusterDyingPepe.jpg
126 KB, 1092x1037
>>71883930
There's almost half a billion into this movie already.

No sweat to be sure!
>>
>>71883955
>Keep being a weak willing bitch junior you'll go far.
Paul Feig sure did
>>
File: projecting.jpg (19 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
19 KB, 272x185
>>71883955
>>
>>71883955
>weak willing
You made a typo
Now I'm the victor
>>
>>71883330
>>71883420
Nah, he hates men because he thinks being bullied during childhood is male-bonding.
>>
>>71883931
Jones and Mckinnon are on the current SNL roster. Mckinnon is their best cast member right now. She doesn't just have one character they recycle over and over like with Wiig. But Jones is either a sassy black woman, or a sensible black woman paired with a white asshole in all her appearances.
>>
>>71883907
I was extremely disappointed as a small child when I went to the library to read more about Vigo the Carpathian
>>
>>71884001
Well the kids put up "who you gonna call?" posters on their windows near where they were shooting.
>>
>>71883793
I bet the guy in that picture regrets making such a stupid gesture with his hands.
>>
>>71884050
I'm with anon the other anon need to make his move. I don't see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>71884136
jones is finally fired for being a skit killer. the only thing she never messed up was when she just ranted on weekend update, which was never funny
>>
>>71881364
Is there really a bee gees dance possession scene with all Police officers and is it as fucking shite as it sounds?
>>
File: DrBenCarson.png (217 KB, 322x442) Image search: [Google]
DrBenCarson.png
217 KB, 322x442
>>71884001
It has been one horrible horrible decision after another. I can't believe they went ahead with the release.

The Sony Leaks showed all the sneaky shit behind the scenes between Feig and Amy Pascal.

They took a Godlike franchise and turned it to complete and utter shit.

GHOSTBUSTERS ARE NOW SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS! YAYYY!

The funny thing is that they centered the whole thing around some huge dance scene that involved all of New York, and the ghosts, doing a big old boogie dance to an old Bee Gees song. That was going to be the highlight of the movie!

Everyone dancing and shucking and jiving! Everyone in New York. It's going to be so great!

Kek. Let me know how that works out.
>>
>>71884231
>They took a Godlike franchise and turned it to complete and utter shit.

Yeah, with Ghostbusters 2. This movie may be mediocre, but 2 was just awful
>>
How much did the feminazis pay to say it was okay instead of the worst movie ever?
Did they threaten to call you sexist at the start or the end of the film?
How were the showers?
What did you bring to eat?
>>
>>71884278
It's true. This man has no dick.
>>
>>71883352
I think I want to put my dick in her. She's astoundingly scary. But I think, I want to put my dick in her.

I don't know, mang, maybe it's the no fap, maybe it's the abstinence until marriage, maybe it's the heat.
>>
>>71884218
She failed multiple auditions but they cast her anyway because of the diversity backlash. SNL has never had a Latino or Asian cast member in 40 years. But people only care about blacks and gays. t Lorne begged Keenan to stay because he didn't want to replace him with another black guy.
>>
>>71884197
No one's talking about making a move.
My only point was that the only reason I'd put up with watching this movie was if that girl wanted to see it with me.
I'm not actually deciding my only "move" would be "hey wanna go see that ghostbusters movie where they are all girls with me?"
>>
File: 1414980625826.gif (3 MB, 330x274) Image search: [Google]
1414980625826.gif
3 MB, 330x274
>>71880222
>it's just a worse version of classic ghostbusters that never needed to be made

Sounds like everything I was expecting. Glad I chose not to watch it because it doesn't sound like I'm missing much..
>>
>>71884278
And sequels always suck.

No more good movies! We need to build franchises.

>Hollywoodland
>>
File: 1458239152079.png (434 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1458239152079.png
434 KB, 525x700
>>71884278
>>
>>71882026
Jokes on Bill, if this shit gets a second instalment the lawyers will have him back as a ghost comedy injection. There's no way out Bill, you'll need to ironically an hero to avoid the call.
>>
>>71880222
Now, My tolerance is is that I like most of Sandlers work and Pixels was utter crap, but it had a pseudo Ghostbusters feel.

Would you say its worse, equal or better than Pixels?

I wanted to see Pixels, ended up streaming it and was glad I didnt pay the money.
>>
>>71884278
As awful as 2 was, it was probably way better than this shit. Get raped, fag.
>>
>>71884358
Netflix and chill, what the fuck man?
>>
>>71884278
At least Ghostbusters 2 didn't go out of it's way to insult it's fans or even trash the original universe.
>>
>>71884231
The dance number fell through numerous times to the point where someone on set reported that Feig cried like a bitch when it didn't work the first time.
That reminds me.
No one ever goes into detail about the dance number. Is it even in anymore?
>>
>>71884419
>netflix
>paying for watching movies at home
No thanks
>>
>>71884454
It's cut.
>>
>>71884346
fred armisen is actually latino. that's probably why he got to stay on so long doing different iterations of a stupid talk show.
>>
>>71884452
stop lying.
>>
>>71884358
You said the girl I have a crush on. Crushes just don't magically turn into something more. If you keep crushing you're going to hit friendship or "you're like a brother" and you don't want that.
>>
>>71884278
Ghostbusters 1 was trash too though
>>
>remake a movie that didn't need to be remade with 3 ugly feminists and an even uglier monkey to promote political trash

what other childhood movies are going to get the nu-male touch
>>
File: not shill at all.png (243 KB, 587x511) Image search: [Google]
not shill at all.png
243 KB, 587x511
>>71876912
Is the shilling real?
>>
>>71884489
Good. After reading reviews about the pacing that would have stopped the film out right and really put a nail in their coffin but at least cry baby Feig didn't get his big gay dance number.
>>
>>71884533
What the fuck are you talking about?
Obviously I don't think that I'm gonna magically turn into something else without doing anything.
And the "crush" part was meant to be ironic but I guess I should think twice in a board full of autists.
>>
File: 1467347374002.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
1467347374002.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>71884528
>>
>>71876912
When do you kill yourself?
>>
>>71884625
>ironic
Suuuure kid
>>
>>71884663
I'm sure you get all the girls since you are so clever. Congrats.
>>
>>71881364
>They capture that one, then back at base they let it out and it kills Bill Murray (I'm not joking.)
And they aren't charged with manslaughter why?
>>
>>71884226
Not OP, but they removed that...but left the fucking setup in the movie. So, everyone is standing there frozen like it's about to happen. Then it just doesn't. Supposedly it plays during the credits.
>>
>>71884709
>I'm sure you get all the girls since you are so clever.
Nope just the ones I want.
>>
>>71878018
Belief in the supernatural is a metaphor for feminism in this movie.
Wiig gets fired for being a "believer", McCarthy is trying to tell her colleagues that Supernatural(Wimmyn's) studies is a valid field.
The whole things is a "THIS IS HOW WE'RE TREATED FOR BELIEVING IN PROBLEMS THAT DO EXIST" shill.
>>
>>71884795
so the ones you have a crush on?
>>
>>71884533
>wow i feel like i can tell you anything
>anon i really trust you, you're such a great friend
>you're the best anon, you're the brother i never had

>>71884567
I know BTTF was talked about but Zemeckis owns part of the rights and has said publicly that he won't allow it, that he feels a remake/reboot is completely not needed (obviously he's right).
I know I've read about reboots of Beverly Hills Cop and Lethal Weapon, tho I think those morphed into potential tv shows - and lethal weapon is a tv show now. Damon Wayans isn't a bad choice for Grover's character but the rest looks like dogshit, not that it wouldn't be dogshit just by existing anyway.
>>
>>71884033
So the ad budget was confirmed to be 350 million?
>>
>>71884809
I stopped crushing after sometime high school which was a long time ago. When I'm interested in a girl I let it be known, not going to waste time pining, or hoping she's into me too. And no I don't do any of that PUA bullcrap.
>>
>>71884625
You don't go to the movies with a girl you're crushing on unless she knows it's a date. I can help you avoid the friendzone you're clearly shooting for but I don't have high hopes. Chances are very high you're already there and there is a very very very slim chance of escaping that pit.
>>
>>71884905
>And no I don't do any of that PUA bullcrap.
A lot of that is stupid, yeah. But the root of all of it is confidence and not giving a shit, or at least ACTING confident and ACTING like you don't give a shit.
The rest falls into place afterwards, assuming you're not super fat/ugly/gross. And even then with enough confidence you can do almost anything.
>>
>>71884090
Yeah, I read an interview where he said something like that.

No, Feig, they weren't trying to bond with you. They just didn't like you. If you were even remotely like you are now when you were a child, you got bullied because you deserved it.
>>
>>71884803
>implying they're smart or subtle enough to do that
>>
>>71876912
How bad were the cameos?
>>
>>71882026

I know he's not playing the original character.

But Bill Murray always was the one thing preventing a Ghostbusters III from ever happening. And his ideas were practically as dumb as some of the shit we supposedly got in this movie.

He wanted Peter to die, and then come back as "Funny ghost sidekick character" spewing out one-liners and dumb comedy.

It would have been pretty retarded
>>
>>71885004
Speaking as a guy who's been bullied and rolled with the punches, you can worm your way into a bully's peer group if you're not a little bitch all the time.
>>
>>71885368
That's true. But the shitty thing is you eventually realize that you're trying to get in the good graces of people who hate you for being you.
>>
>>71881081
>so you don't have to!
>>
>>71881530
>The giant ghostbusters ghost at the end looks like a giant sack cloth
Everything I've seen in promo material makes ghost Rowan look like a caricature of Dan Aykroyd. Does the ghost resemble Rowan's human form at all?
>>
>>71883330

He wears suits all the time with purple pocket handkerchiefs, even on set.

There's also a webm of him doing jazz hands on set.
>>
So in reality the movie is as bad as we all thought it was. And yet it's getting praised up and down.

What the fuck? BvS sucked ass, but how the hell is THIS getting scored so much higher than that?
>>
>>71886019
>And yet it's getting praised up and down
By people too young to have seen the originals when it mattered and too politically cucked to be honest about a turd made by fags and women.
>>
Do they actually explain what happened to the original Ghostbusters?

Is it just implied that they're retired?
>>
>>71886133
It was a remake, not a sequel
>>
You spent money on this shit.
So now there'll be a sequel.

Shame on you.
>>
>>71884803
I think you're reaching harder than the average sjw
>>
>>71883323
OP here, sorry I thought the thread had died.

>>71883323
Definetly not, it might get a sequel, but despite critic praise, normies don't seem to like it.

>>71883452
She didn't have a huge amount of lines compared to the rest, and yes acted stereotypically. I got a little annoying.

>>71883757
Straight White Male
I've seen the first two 3 times each, and I enjoy them a lot, but I don't claim to be a huge ghostbusters fan as I don't have any nostalgia for it.

>>71883770
Nothing creepy at all, if the pukeing ghost wasn't in trailer that may have been a jumpscare, but you can see it coming. The horror has been taken out of the horror-comedy.

>>71883832
Pretty ok, I guess.

>>71883976
It has a few, the one that sticks out most in my mind, is that fart on tape joke from trailer 3, it's just McKinnon pranking wiig saying its a legit ghost on tape, then the fart noise happens, wiig says "that's disgusting", mcKinnon replies, "Would it be more or less disgusting if I told you it came from my front and not my back.", A queef joke.

>>71884226
There was, but it was cut, as test viewers found it film-ruiningly cringey. The remnants are still there though, the bad guy is approached by police with guns in times square, and using his ghost powers freezes them, in the saturday night fever pose.

>>71884308
I ate popcorn.

>>71884567
Back to the Future. screencap this.

>>71884572
Yes, but not from me.

>>71884642
Depends how shit my life is in the future.

>>71885241
You be the judge.
>Bill Murray, detailed here:>>71882026

>Dan Akyroyd: Is a taxi driver during the end times square ghost invasion scene, he says "I'm not scared, I ain't afraid of no ghost."

>Ernie Hudson: Is revealed to be leslie jones' uncle who you hear about throught the movie, he turns up and gets mad at her for trashing the hearse he gave to her to borrow.

>The actress who played the receptionist in the originals: Is the receptionist in a hotel.

>Ozzy Osbourne says "Im having a flashback"
>>
>Contd.
>>71886133
It's a remake. The originals are in it but as different characters.

>>71886191
Needed to see it for myself.
>>
>>71880222
>It's just pointless, and never does anything exceptionally well, or exteptionally badly, it's just a worse version of classic ghostbusters that never needed to be made
So basically more or less what AVGN said it would be before he got shit on.
>>
>>71883679

Wait, is he actually in the closet.

Because I have never seen someone so obviously gay in my entire life.
>>
>>71885368
Aside from what movies and TV portray, most people are both bullied and the bully at some point in their life.

That's just the basic nature of human social interaction.
>>
>>71885471
They don't though. Not always. A lot of bullying is establishing a pecking order and fear of the new.

They don't hate you, they just are establishing you as the prey so that it isn't them.
>>
I wouldn't pay money to see a female comedian and you just paid money to see four at once.
How are you going to sleep knowing that.
>>
>>71883541
I'm curious enough to go see it, also since my boyfriend and I are big Ghostbusters fans and he has no interest in seeing it unless something changes his mind... I'm biting the bullet on this one.

Gonna treat him well though, got us both tickets for the Killing Joke theatrical run
>>
>>71885316
Bill Murray was always kind of an asshole in real life. Didn't he get Lorenzo Music fired from the Ghostbusters cartoon because he didn't want his character sounding like Garfield on the show?
>>
>>71884346
>SNL has never had a Latino or Asian cast member in 40 years.

Does Horatio Sanz not count? Hell he lasted for 8 years.
>>
>>71881479
This is a deal breaker for me
>>
>>71876912
The reviews are either of the following:

>It just plain sucks

>Women are funny; it's a great movie

It pisses me off that the first reviews I read were all just the latter, as though we just got over a "women aren't funny campaign" and I need to change my biased views and accept that this movie is good because women are funny.

Some of the reviews weren't even about the movie, they were literally propaganda.
>>
>>71883243
this cant be real
>>
File: 1468001657205.jpg (56 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
1468001657205.jpg
56 KB, 620x372
>>71886294
>back to the future gets remade with fempower cast

STOP
>>
>>71888127
the thing i don't get about the agenda being pushed is we have had plenty of female protagonists and lots of females headlining funny movies. While of course there are people on the internet being mean, that's not how the real world is. I can't even fathom making an issue over a female being the main character in Alien, or Terminator.
Bridesmaids wasn't considered a watershed moment for females in a comedy - it was more that it was a gross-out comedy that typically was a dude thing. Even then it seems like mountains out of molehills.

TLDR: I wasn't aware, and i suspect 99% of normies weren't aware, of some anti-female bias in hollywood comedies until the ghostbusters "issue" and it all feels blatantly forced.
>>
>>71887689
fred armisen is also half latino and 1/8 japanese lol. he sucks tho.
>>
>>71887461
>Didn't he get Lorenzo Music fired from the Ghostbusters cartoon because he didn't want his character sounding like Garfield on the show?
So much so that it's how Murray got forced to replace Music in the movies after he died.
>>
>>71888127
Let's not forget the flailing of insults at male detractors of the movie
>>
File: venkman_thebreaker.png (109 KB, 466x574) Image search: [Google]
venkman_thebreaker.png
109 KB, 466x574
>>71887461
According to a second city book, murray broke some dude's arm one night when he kept heckling.
pic related, excerpt
>>
>>71888609
The amusing thing about the calling male fans misogynists and chauvinist is many of them adore female leads in different media. The thing that turns them off is when a female character is specifically made to pander to women. That's when things turn to shit and the female character becomes a tool for man hating agendas. You never see male characters be made solely to appeal to just males. They are designed to be all encompassing.
>>
>>71883793
hahaha. i've never seen this photo until now. so good.
>>
File: 1402968718138.gif (728 KB, 216x288) Image search: [Google]
1402968718138.gif
728 KB, 216x288
>>71884567
>what other childhood movies are going to get the nu-male touch
>>71886294
>Back to the Future. screencap this.

Okay, it was funny when they did it to Ghostbusters, but they can't do this to Back to the Future.
>>
>>71888985
They don't care about that. The narrative of the angry white male is far more useful to them. They ignore the fact many black and female fans tore into the movie earlier on yet they only highlighted shit white guys had to say.
>>
>>71877717
This. Shame on you OP.
>>
>>71876912
Did your wife's son liked the talking gorilla?
>>
>>71889735
>Okay, it was funny when they did it to Ghostbusters, but they can't do this to Back to the Future.

Be ready for Maddie McFly, and Dr. Emma Brown, bitch.
>>
crawling in my skin
>>
>>71883060
So was that added in after then?
>>
>>71883913
>Superbad was a bullying movie
Has this faggot ever had a male friend in his life?
>>
>>71884338
>Abstinence until marriage
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAH
>>
>>71876912
This is the first time I've posted on this subreddit despite lurking since it's beginning, but I just can't hold it in any longer.
What the actual fuck is wrong with people anymore? From what I've seen, this movie is so incredibly offensive and poorly done it looks like something one would expect from a pretentious art house flick, not a major film studio with a pedigree. Big names from across the industry and even further are piling onto this pile of shit defending it and saying it's the best thing ever while insulting every naysayer with ad hominem and strawman attacks. Just look at what they did to James Rolfe for just saying he wasn't going to review it. I'll have to watch it myself before I can legitimately criticize it, but I have zero expectations.
This isn't a movie at all, but a thinly veiled man-bashing political statement in a poorly made disguise. It's a disgrace to the original, which looks like Citizen Kane in comparison. It'll probably make The Room look like a masterpiece.
All I know is that I'm fucking offended by this shitty movement as a multi-ethnic intellectual gay man who has actually experienced actual prejudice and racism in the real world. It's fucking cancer, infecting every bit of media that I cherish, filling the minds of some of my friends with its sickness, and tainting the creative gene-pool. We need a strong dose of Chemo to rid ourselves of this regressive bullshit before it's too late. And let me tell you, it really feels like the end is fucking nigh.
Let it all burn.
/rant
And now, my body is ready for all those subreddit bans. Bring it the fuck on.
>>
>>71890052
>Brand new 2017 Toyota Prius time machine
>Plot revolving around Maddie empowering her mother in the past, awakening her man-hating, nut busting lesbian side.
>Maddie McFly begins to fade from existance
>Wakes up on mansion porch in Utopian society
>Maddie's mom is now in a lesbian marriage and men are kept as castrated slave labor
>Hillary Clinton is life-term president of the world on TV in background
>All cars are self-driving Prius's
>Iconic scene at end of first movie redone
>Dr. Brown needs to take Maddie to the future because she...
>HAD A SON!
>Cut to Skrillex remix of 'Back in Time' Featuring Sum41 and Alicia Keys
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
>>
>>71883913
Kathryn Bigelow is competent but she wouldn't do dumb kids movies like this
>>
>>71876912
How did the audience react to the jokes and to the movie overall?
>>
>>71884006
top kek
>>
>>71878018
>there is very little "girl power" moments. They never even draw attention to them being women.
Yet the "girl power" aspect was basically part of the marketing campaigns, what a joke.
>>
>>71883897
they brought up feminism on purpose so that people would forget that the movie is shit, and instead focus on how sexist pigs hate on it for literally no reason
>>
>>71890320
Must have been, I think it got re-shoots
>>
>>71890663

>>71878018
>>
Is it true that they defeat the main villain by hitting it in the balls as a metaphor for destroying masculinity
>>
>>71886019
It's not getting praised up and down and while I wont pay to see it, it's probably not as bad as /tv/ thinks. I have a handful of critics I like and their consensus is "funny at times but forgettable".
>>
File: tv.jpg (86 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
86 KB, 601x601
>>
>>71876912
Is there a scene where a middle-aged white man doubts their ability to bust ghosts because they're women?
>>
>>71884452
It didn't insult its fans, it insulted its trolls.
>>
>>71884395
I haven't seen this yet but I really doubt it's worse than 2.
>>
>>71892220
>shoot it in the junk because half of all comedies have someone getting hit in the junk
>whiny reverse-feminist faggots scream victimhood
>>
>>71892654
Hahahahaha

>>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>71892654
>thinks someone getting hit in the balls is comedy in 2016

Why do you come to /tv/ anon
>>
File: YouHaveToGoBack.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
YouHaveToGoBack.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>71890466
>This is the first time I've posted on this subreddit
>subreddit

Please make it the last time
>>
This movie brings into blatant light the integrity issue with movie critics.

Almost all are claiming that "It's not as bad as the trailers made it look, but it's not great. It's average"

Then giving it 4/5 stars, 85ish/ 100, or A-.

I've seen reviewers go on and on about the jokes missing, the ghosts looking stupid, the plot being dumb, and the direction being off. All while giving it a high score.

It's truely sad at this point.
>>
>>71892527
Why do people hate on Ghostbusters 2 so much? Yes, it was an unnecessary retread of the original when they could have done something original, but it was still fun.
>>
>>71892958
how new are you?
>>
>>71892958
>not keeping up with the latest memes
why don't you go back mr trump
>>
>>71893063
It wasn't even fun. It was just retarded.
>>
>>71892831
>implying that's not where the career-offended feminist wannabes belong
>>
>>71883541

I'm a huge GB fan and I honestly don't like watching movies at home. Nothing beat the feel of a theater even for shitty movies.
>>
So what happens at the end with Kevin? He starts dating Wiig? He becomes a ghostbuster? He's still secretary? He quits?
>>
>>71892893
No one said it was funny, just that it doesn't justify acting like a blubbering faggot.
>>
>>71885316

Bill fucked a lot of things over. He went through some weird revilation after Chris Farley died and wanted to do away with comedy so that people would take him and his career more seriously. I guess it's partcially true that he was being type cast as that life of the part frat boy but the way we went about it was horrible and borderline fedora tipping on how bad he wanted it.
>>
>>71893294
He's still a secretary.

The most ironic thing about his character is that he is literally being objectified, his entire character is a handsome, buff hunk that all the women lust after and make suggestive comments to. He portrayed as a complete bimbo, only there for a pretty face for the women to see. He wears a tight t shirt most of the time and there's a scene where he innocently asks the busters about whether his acting head shots are alright where he's shirtless and they're all like, "wow Kevin, they are pretty nice..."

The irony stems from the fact that the idea here is that the roles are reversed, so it's a man as the secretary now, so now HE'S being objectified. But Annie Wilkes was never seen as attractive by the ghostbusters at all in the originals, she was always just the cynical bored secretary who was never given any sex appeal and none of the characters made advances on.

So they actually added sexual objectification into a series that never had any to begin with, they're literally going backwards.
>>
>>71893346
Aw, do people not like your movie Paul? :(
>>
>>71893042
This here
underrated post.
>>
>>71892958
Responding to ironic shitposting. Or are (you)?
>>
>>71893656
Loads of people liked it, same with Spy and my other shit. But you being mean to me might require some consolation sex on my bed of money tonight.
>>
>>71893656
Don't awww me, it's you guys whining.
>>
>>71893704
Wow whoever this anon is is genuinely unfunny.
>>
File: 855259-janine12.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
855259-janine12.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>71893637
>But Annie Wilkes was never seen as attractive by the ghostbusters at all in the originals, she was always just the cynical bored secretary who was never given any sex appeal and none of the characters made advances on.
She was kinda hot in the cartoon though.
>>
>>71876912
This looks terrible even for a BLACKED scene
>>
>>71893772
Nice retort faggot. Keep sulking, it's delicious.
>>
>>71893893
Prove me wrong then, make me chuckle
>>
This is the first time I've posted on this subreddit despite lurking since it's beginning, but I just can't hold it in any longer.
What the actual fuck is wrong with people anymore? From what I've seen, this movie is so incredibly offensive and poorly done it looks like something one would expect from a pretentious art house flick, not a major film studio with a pedigree. Big names from across the industry and even further are piling onto this pile of shit defending it and saying it's the best thing ever while insulting every naysayer with ad hominem and strawman attacks. Just look at what they did to James Rolfe for just saying he wasn't going to review it. I'll have to watch it myself before I can legitimately criticize it, but I have zero expectations.
This isn't a movie at all, but a thinly veiled man-bashing political statement in a poorly made disguise. It's a disgrace to the original, which looks like Citizen Kane in comparison. It'll probably make The Room look like a masterpiece.
All I know is that I'm fucking offended by this shitty movement as a multi-ethnic intellectual gay man who has actually experienced actual prejudice and racism in the real world. It's fucking cancer, infecting every bit of media that I cherish, filling the minds of some of my friends with its sickness, and tainting the creative gene-pool. We need a strong dose of Chemo to rid ourselves of this regressive bullshit before it's too late. And let me tell you, it really feels like the end is fucking nigh.
Let it all burn.
/rant
And now, my body is ready for all those subreddit bans. Bring it the fuck on.
>>
>>71893893
Here I'll help you out, uh I'm rich and SEX, MONEY.. SEX ON MONEY HAHA r-right guys?
>>
>>71893828
Jesus Christ I meant to say Janine, I got her fucking name mixed up with the crazy bitch from misery. Yes, Janine is her name, I completely forgot.
>>
>>71893042
>9/10- It's shit

Have we officially reached vidya reviews tier?
>>
>>71876912
Are you a paid Sony shill?
>>
>>71877535
Matt Zion pls
>>
>>71893656
The people he wants to like it seem to like it.
>>
>>71893949

Its okay Anon, I thought you meant Annie Potts
>>
>>71893945
Not him but
>P--please respond
Stop.
>>
>>71881364
>kills Bill Murray

He must've begged Sony to kill him off so he doesn't have to appear in the shitty sequels
>>
>>71881831
Idiots.
>>
>>71876912
Whats the box office at the moment with all the early screenings or do they not count this?
>>
>>71883243
It's like they picked the niggest woman they can find for muh diversity
>>
Based review out
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrz2VDSoXlA
>>
>>71893637
>>71893828
They just hid her sex appeal with the Grandma glasses. Janine was stunning.

Also Egon was eating her out in that one scene right?
>>
>>71876912
Does the ape woman die?
>>
>>71894326
>another review afraid to be honest for fear of attacks from feminists...
>>
>>71876912
So did they troll Feminist into going to this? Y'know they start up the controversy until some dudes get angry and are baited then they stir up the feminist into thinking that the movie is being shat on by men, in turn the feminist go in droves.
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.