[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slenderverse AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
Hi, /tv/, I'm here from /x/ because I've heard some of you are fans of Marble Hornets and other Slender Man related content. If you don't know what that is, watch some of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_sACgfX50g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0gD2jU98Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5ahKWKmOk&list=PLUtMdfebeaofZ2F7MWtH3LcrKYJQOngb_&index=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnF3dIi0-XM

I myself was a part of the pre-Slender video game, pre-stabbing fandom. I eventually became creator of a video series (Don't ask, I won't tell you and even if I did tell you wouldn't know it). I knew many of the creators and a lot of behind the scenes stories. I already did an AMA in /x/ awhile ago but since there's some interest here why not to one here.
>>
nobody cares about your gay little web series here. fuck off back to your dead containment board. saged.
>>
>>71874452
Fuck off

Don't pay attention to him.
>>
>>71874486
t. OP on his mobile phone
>>
>>71874519
>le OP on his phone meme

Damn son

>>71874379
Welcome to neo-/tv/, gentlemen
>>
I don't know much about these shows really, but those videos are pretty awesome. I always ended up getting bored of these shows because they go on too long and had too many social media elements to keep up with. That guy's videos though sum it all up and spoon feed me the c-grade acting and writing.
>>
Well, if anyone has any questions just shoot and I'll answer the best I can.

Or if you guys want just start telling stuff I can do that to.
>>
>>71874694
desu I never watched one, but I know what it is.
I'm looking forward to watch it.
>>
>>71874681
Yeah, Night Mind's great. I have a feeling he's someone that was in the fandom that I've talked to before but I have no idea. His videos did revive some interest in the Slenderverse but since he won't cover any now till they end thats over.
>>
Much respect my man. I fucking was all into MH, EMH, and some of Tribe Twelve and Dark Harvest. It's a shame how theres no going back.

Kinda fucked how everyone was derivative of MH's Operator. They adapted Slender Man. Everyone else ripped off an adaptation. Whatever. I am dying for another horror video series. As a horror fan there's simply no compition unless you... READ a book.
>>
I was hopeful in Clear Lakes 44 until the Marble Hornet's boys had their falling out. Please tell me you're making something spooky.
>>
>I'm a fan of marble hornets, using it as an image to start my thread
>I was inspired to make a shitty knockoff and am mostly ashamed, so I won't say the name, but want to perpetuate that I gained experience so I'll still mention it
>AMA

So you failed as a film-maker and at suicide?
>>
Did you use VHS effects in your vids?
>>
>>71875196
First, let me give a link to anyone who doesn't know about the Marble Hornets big fallout:

http://ferretbrain.com/articles/article-1089
>>
>>71875276
I was in high school dude

>>71875304
I wasn't the editor
>>
>>71875379
>I wasn't the editor
Did editor use VHS effects then?
>>
>>71874783
I think his videos about the adult swim/alan resnick stuff and the features he's done lately on less known stuff are his best material. And yeah I feel he must have had some kind of footprint in a community in the past. And his videos are too professional to be a novice at it.
>>
>>71875332
Here's my take on Marble Hornets from what the general fandom took it as. I will also say that the creators, Troy (Jay), Tim, and Joseph (Alex) weren't really involved in the fandom (Hence "The Operator" instead of Slender Man) and I've only talked them once or twice.

First thing, many people (including me) did not like Season 3. It felt dragged out (The first 2 seasons were only a year long but the third was 3 years). They also turned into a character drama even though they couldn't act (Season 1 did a great job hiding this) and also had lackluster ending (I knew we wouldn't be getting a full ending but it was just not right after 5 years). I didn't watch any of CL44 because I was burnt out from the last season and even their comedy stuff started to feel like bad Tim and Eric ripoffs (Especially with the Noah guy).

Once they annouced the split and then why it happened I thought it was for the best, since their content was becoming stale and CL44 a disappointment. I also was disappointed in what they kind of become, as when Marble Hornets was going on it seems like the main fandom moved from unfiction to tumblr and they totally embraced the tumblr fangirl culture, it just felt like a selling out. For my prespective on the guys:

Troy: Was always kind of quiet and I can see why he did what he did for his kid, even if it was unethical. But now even though what has happened it out in the open, I feel like he's kind of in denial (http://troywagner.tumblr.com/post/146225562111/hornetversary#notes) he claims he's working on a new series but it seems he's doing it alone (Why would people want to work with him) and I have no confidence we'll ever see anything by him again.

Joseph: Chill dude, and after all thats happen seems to want to just have a normal life.

Tim: A guy who went from /b/tard to an SJW. Seriously, go look up his tumblr. He use to post this stuff (https://timsutton.tumblr.com/post/10292122721) and know its how bad he feels for Zoe Quinn.
>>
>>71875416
I don't remember

>>71875110
Thanks, I miss it sometime but I'm also realizing how insane some of the people were.
>>
>>71875919
>I don't remember
Did you delete your channel? Post summary/general ideas.
>>
>shilling for Nightmind

... I'll allow it.
>>
>>71875941
I'm not going to because it will revel my identity (Which I don't want to do) and it all it was another generic Slender man video series that ripped-off the big three. It was an embarrassing thing high school me did.
>>
File: .png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>71875994
no fun
>>
>>71876077
Sorry dude, some of the people who I might talk about are mentally unstable and might threaten me if they knew who I was.
>>
I remember this from way back to when it started. Then looked it up years later and they turned the videos into some incredibly cheesy 2spooky4me bullshit with some terrible actors.
>>
>>71876127
You should've seen the horrible movie adaption that was made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G-kAZUzzrU
>>
Did you niggers like Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story? I quit Marble Hornets in like 2011 when their release schedule went retarded. Watched Always Watching a few months back. It's actually good. Stars the smoking Alexandra Breckenridge so if you wanted to see more of her from watching TWD Season 6 then I bet it's even better. Too lazy to restart MH to finish it. How do get your fix these days? I listen to horror podcasts like Nosleep.
>>
Okay, where do I start this nonsense and should I wait for it to get dark before I watch it?
>>
>>71876272
Sure, just look up Marble Hornets on youtube, there'll be playlists.
>>
>>71876345
Alrighty then I'll just
>133 videos
Coffee.
>>
>>71874379
Post the drana about the mh crew some shit about how they stab each others back a lot more interesting
>>
>>71876450
Already did

>>71875332
>>
>>71874379
Basically:
>Marble Hornets
"Best" acting, worst boys, best girls. Starts well but really struggles with it's footing, takes too fucking long to get to the end. Props for pretty much starting the slender mythos.

>EMH
Brotier boys, best antagonist, more creative ideas, better twist, but I think it's a bit long aswell. The initial feeling of "bros fighting eldritch horrors and discovering a spooky mystery" is fantastic. I think it's the best overral project to come out of this meme.

>TT
Best boy, best effects, amazing art direction and it's the easier to follow. There's a clear bad guy, a clear macguffin and a pretty simple mystery. In content I'd say it's the weaker, but the fucking amazing editing and imagery makes up for it, a lot. Too bad he can't act for shit and takes forever to upload. The crossovers with EMH are hype as fuck tho, pure fanservice but it's well done.
>>
>>71876675
That's pretty much it.

I'm going to run a few errands, post your questions and I'll answer them when I get back.
>>
File: 1462252713983.jpg (18 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1462252713983.jpg
18 KB, 306x306
>>71874379
Literally the best meme (if it qualifies) and techno-myth, only spoopy thing aside from ayy lmao abductions that gave me legit nightmares as an adult.

Really wish the game and then the stabbings never happened, he'll always be remembered as a shitty vidya character among normies.
>>
>>71875919
>>71875994
>Ask me anything!
>Did they use VHS effects
>I don't remember
>Could you tell us about your contributions?
>No.

What's the fucking point?
>>
>>71877563
Well, I can tell you stories about the behind the scenes happenings of the series.

For example, I know for a fact that Dark Harvest has filmed its series finale awhile ago but have not yet released it. I don't know why, it might have to do with the fact that Heather moved away, so they might have to refilm some parts.
>>
>>71878107
Oh yeah, I'm back.
>>
>>71878107
I never got far into DH. The best bit was when they're chilling in some NEETs home and a Maskie is watching the house from across the street. Then he comes at them and breaks in. Felt like I was there with them. Helps that my house looks just like his.
>>
>>71878107
Is MH part of the EMH/TT/DH/WT/MLA0 Slenderverse? Or does it have it's own separate canon?
>>
>>71878588
They were a cool series, they had that realistic hangout scenes like EMH but also added a lot of Lovecraftian elements (The biggest being the cult that they fight against).

>>71879023
No, the creators even made sure Slender Man wasn't called Slender Man, he was "The Operator. MH has its own canon.
>>
>>71879023
>>71879200
In addition, in the EMH Slenderverse, Marble Hornets is seen as just a webseries, they even referenced that old give me twenty dollars joke from back in the day
>>
>>71879275
Yep, thats right.
>>
>>71874379
>but since there's some interest here

Literally 2 posts about Marble Hornets in a YoutubeKino thread. Fuck off.
>>
>>71879346
Yeah I hope he fucks off! Why discuss real horror kino when we could chit about capeshit and MOMMY
>>
File: pure rage.png (69 KB, 297x306) Image search: [Google]
pure rage.png
69 KB, 297x306
>>71879578
>he doesn't like mommyposting
Literally get out m8, get the fuck out
GET OUT
>>
Stone Bees is better
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.