[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were people talking about? This movie was amazing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1280x721
What the fuck were people talking about?
This movie was amazing.
>>
>>67636790
It only makes sense if you realize that the movie was made for smarter people and there are a lot less of us.

Critics are as a whole avg IQ dummies or they are all paid off shills

Either way it's a real crime as to what is going on.
>>
>>67636833
>It only makes sense if you realize that the movie was made for smarter people and there are a lot less of us.
>Critics are as a whole avg IQ dummies or they are all paid off shills
>Either way it's a real crime as to what is going on.

haha the same people still claim idiotic BvS is only for smart people. this is absolute Denial
http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-superman-spoiler-faq-of-justice-1767720335?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
>>
>>67636790
It's a fucking delight to witness people squirming, kicking, and screaming, because they claim this movie to be garbage but are unable to find its flaws, and whenever they are presented with evidence that they're wrong they resort to shitposting and covering their ears to any argument.
>>
I just don't get the hate. I think this movie proves that people just love to hate in this world for no reason at all. Everything has flaws but to "hate" this movie is crazy. It's so fucking good.
>>
>>67636876
>but are unable to find its flaws
But that's incorrect. Flaws have been laid out at huge length.

>and whenever they are presented with evidence that they're wrong
This has never happened, so far. Other than saying "you don't get it", or dreaming up some inane headcanon.
>>
>>67636939
Honestly, I'm tired of repeating myself. Just have a look at this thread that just got archived. The second half of it turned into a massacre.
>>67629960
>>
>>67636876
pacing, Doomsday, Lex, the score, Batman kills
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 750x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 750x429
>>67636869
Stopped reading right here. If this is your premise, it's garbage.
>>
>>67637130
Those don't make it a bad movie, it has flaws but it doesn't make it so bad that it's worse than all capeshit ever made which is what many reviewers are claiming. Which is fucking asinine.
>>
>>67636790
>>67636833
>>67636876
>>67636929

Fucking samefagging

The movie is a failure on a technical level.
The pacing and setting tone is completely fucked.
The dialogue is cringe-worthy shit.
The attempt at world building is hamfisted and clunky.
The acting ranges from god-awful to only just passable.
The attempt at any deep themes are thrown in your face so hard it becomes awkward to watch.
Characters are inconsistent and contradictory.

The is nothing redeeming about this movie. Ben Affleck only seems okay because he isn't as shit as most of the other actors.
Wonder Woman's character only seems good because she's such a non-presence in her scenes.
>>
>>67637312
You just didn't get it.
>>
>>67636790

Memers and trolls want the movie to fail, or start some new baneposting. Its not working though...
>>
>>67637312
>Anon can't turn his brain off and just have a good time
>Doesn't get Snyder's allegories
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 531x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 531x315
>>67637312
>>
File: 1459292464063.png (1 MB, 1116x888) Image search: [Google]
1459292464063.png
1 MB, 1116x888
>>67636790
Snyder simply does not understand how to put together a complete narrative.
>>
Are you shitting?
- batman acted out of character
- superman acted out of character
- wonder woman was retarded as fuck
- luthor was a joke
- too much talking not enough action
- no stan lee cameo
- music sucked
>>
>>67637420

Neither does Morrison. By the way, Action Comics' Superman was a bigger dick than MoS' Superman. People would hate it.

Superman holding old people by the ankle and threatening to murder them? Superman being cocky? People would go not muh Superman harder than with Snyder's Superman.
>>
>>67637164
>But are unable to find it's flaws
>Flaws found
>It has flaws but it doesn't make it so bad that it's worse than all capeshit ever made

Typical DC kids.
"You didn't like it and I did because I'm smarter than you", despite the fact that you're contradicting yourself and just on damage control cause you're favourite boy-crush got shat on by critics.
>>
>>67637420

Its a superhero movie. It's not meant to be the next multiple oscar nominated/winning movie.

This is how I know the people who keep downing this movie are complete retards.
>>
File: 145934840.jpg (125 KB, 531x315) Image search: [Google]
145934840.jpg
125 KB, 531x315
>>67637403
Do you truly believe this pic proves anything, but you being retarded?
>>
>>67637450

>- batman acted out of character
>- superman acted out of character

What character?
>>
>>67636833
This is why I hate it so much. It think's it's raises important questions. And I'd love a superhero movie that would competently raise the question that BvS raises. But it's more I'm 16 and I'm an intellectual tier shit, than any actual serious questions.
Zack Snyder is no Terrence Mallick, no matter how much he wants to be.
>>
>>67637450
>no stan lee cameo
Genuinely lost my shit there
>>
>>67637450
The only thing I agree with here is Wonder Woman but that was clearly the Jews doing

>muh Stan Lee
Literally fuck yourself

>not enough action
Most of the greatest westerns didn't have much action either, you're just an ADD baby
>>
all these marvel children salty because bob kane created the original trinity
>>
>>67637523
What does it being a popcorn film have to do with the narrative being a disjointed mess?
>>
Sad Affleck Mad World Edition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaEdRWRgu6o
>>
>>67636833
>checked
I mean saying it's for "smart" people is a little over the top. People that understand literature are more likely to get it.
>>
>>67637514
I never said that the other anon did. This movie has flaws. Even with those flaws it's a much better film than the marvel shit.

Critics are blaming the movie for trying to be better then marvel doesn't try at all. It's just fucking ridiculous.

I have no boycrush, I didn't even know who Snyder was till after I saw this movie and saw the controversy. I am no DC fan, I don't even like batman or superman for that matter. I saw his movie with my kids and was very suprised at how good the movie was.

I am posting in these threads because I am baffled and pissed off as to what is happening. I am especially pissed off because this crime being perpetrated by critics is going to make studios even less willing to be daring.
>>
>>67636790
wasn't amazing and super smart when right before the fight they cut to wonder woman watching youtube clips? great directing & script writing.
>>
>>67637560
>I'm 16 and intellectually shit tier
No, that will be Civil War.
>Muh privacy, muh liberties
The hard questions and principles argued in Civil War will be reduced to emotions and a fucking registry.
>>
>>67637669
>I mean saying it's for "smart" people is a little over the top. People that understand literature are more likely to get it.
Those are correlated anon. Higher IQ people will more likely understand literature.
>>
>>67637752
It's all relative anon, compared to marvel it was quantum theory
>>
File: spergout.jpg (154 KB, 834x979) Image search: [Google]
spergout.jpg
154 KB, 834x979
>>67637797
zing
>>
>>67637164
>shill detected
>>
bvs was an average flick
>>
>>67637848
No according to reviewers it was bottom tier one of the worst capeshit movies ever made
>>
>>67637560

...and people like this voting for trump and fapping on /pol/. IQ lower than my shit swimming in the toilet.

Fags don't even see what superman REALLY means.
>>
>>67637908
He means God dude lamo didn't u see the movie????
>>
>Doomsday
What's bad about Doomsday? He is a bit ugly but he's supposed to be. He is strong, grows stronger, causes destruction, etc.. just like he's supposed to.
>the score
Literally nothing wrong with that
>Batman kills
He has effectively killed in prior movies as well. Remember the line from Batman Begins: "i won't kill you, but i don't have to save you either." This doesn't sound a lot like a hero. On top of that, Bruce wayne blew up the house where the League of Shadow trained, killing the fake Ra's Al Ghul along with some henchmen.
>The movie is a failure on a technical level.
This doesn't mean anything unless you elaborate on it.
>The dialogue is cringe-worthy shit.
The only cringe-worthy dialogue came from Lex Luthor, but he was supposed to be like that. ( i think he was supposed to be an Autist in this movie , not that there is anything wrong with autistic people)
>The attempt at world building is hamfisted and clunky.
I disagree, i think the characters were all well established (some carried over from MoS) , we're all familiar with the cities, etc..
>Characters are inconsistent and contradictory.
That's wrong. The characters weren't written to be stock characters that only display one trait , they are written like real humans that have changing opinions and feelings.
>Ben Affleck only seems okay because he isn't as shit as most of the other actors.
The actors are all A grade actors, and they got good roles.
>no stan lee cameo
This is DC
>>
File: autism eyes.jpg (15 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
autism eyes.jpg
15 KB, 600x313
>>67637957
>still doesn't get it
>>
What people fail to understand, and what mostly angers them about Snyder, is that his religious imagery isn't indulgent and masturbatory. Yes, he compares Superman to Jesus, but he's not the first one to make this comparison, since his inception Superman has been a Christ figure.
His allusions don't stop there either. He compares these characters' motivations to a myriad of pop icons, because at the end of the day it's what Batman and Superman are. And he uses this as a vehicle to show the audience their character development. The religious imagery is just a vehicle to deconstruct them and tell a story relevant to this era. He finishes by destroying all this historical baggage that the characters have been carrying for decades, and shows them in a different, updated light.
>>
File: image.png (1007 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1007 KB, 1334x750
>>67637908
Huh? As a pollster and Trump supporter with a healthy 130+ IQ, I really enjoyed this movie. The Reddit army and its pandering critics are the ones that hate it. Perhaps you're a Bernie Bro, there's still time anon.
>>
rage in 3...2...1
>>
>>67637420
Why does Pa Kent look so much like Clark if they're not related
>>
The hate is so bizarre. I really do think it's from shills and people buttblasted from being called out on missing 50% of the plot points.

I thought the previous superman movies were lame and dreaded every Marvel flick for being repititve and formulaic. This was solid
>>
>>67638020

... trump and freedom HAHAHAHHA UBERTIER FAGGOT!
>>
It was flawed, but it wasn't awful. The problem was that they were trying to do three things at once: establish Batman's character, have a face off between Batman and Superman and establish the Justice League. 2.5 hours simply isn't enough for all of that, that's something that needs to be done over the course of several movies.

The movie had themes too. While they weren't executed amazingly, it at least tried to be more than mindless action and cheesy quips.
>>
'Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.

You have this shift from Batman falling into despair because 'he let his parents die' to turning that into a positive condition ("I failed him in life, I will not fail him in death"). The bat-symbol is fantastically reinterpreted to stand for a child being pulled from the darkness, from the perspective of someone still in it. (Of course, in the Nolan film this shot is referring to, it was Bruce's father who pulled him out. Snyder replaces the literal father with an ambivalent light, and has Bruce pushed up from beneath.)

The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face. It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.
>>
File: 1371098223200.jpg (17 KB, 238x217) Image search: [Google]
1371098223200.jpg
17 KB, 238x217
>>67637312
marvelfag, btfo
>>
>>67637989
ok seriously. what am i not getting? I'm honestly asking because that's all I got from the movie.
>>
Just recently (after Superman is revealed to the world) Bruce has become more brutal and cruel than before. Remember the world engine scene, Bruce runs into a dust cloud, and metaphorically and literally he becomes disoriented and loses his way. This is also demonstrated by the fact that he sees a horse walking aimlessly. Later, he saves a little girl from a falling steel beam in the form of a cross. This makes him start seeing the God Superman as a threat to humanity, and blames him for leaving the little girl orphan (he projects himself because he's an orphan too).
So this hatred starts making him more violent and ruthless, terrorizing Gotham's criminals and normal citizens alike. There's also the great speech by Alfred about rage.
>>
>>67636790
>This movie was amazing.
maybe for a child
>>
Flipping the painting, angels come from below. Meaning that they don't look down on the common people. Remember Supes' monument, it's exactly this, it is reaching down from above to the people, and it only causes people to hate him. The crippled man taints it with red graffiti, similar to how Bruce slashes his cheek with the spear. The first thing Doomsday does is destroy this monument. So clearly this way of seeing the Gods doesn't work. Also remember how after saving Lois, Clark has to rise to the top of Lex's tower (the highest in the city) to face the demon.
On the other hand, angels come from below, they struggle against adversity and rise. The opening sequence shows Bruce as a kid rising from the hole, this foreshadows his fall from grace and eventual redemption when he discovers that the God he feared is in reality just as human and vulnerable as he is, so he decides to cooperate with him. The final sequence, on the other hand, shows a closeup of the flipped painting, the demons are now coming from above, and the rising dirt on Supes' grave symbolizes him rising from below. The new monument for Superman is now a simple plate at ground level that reads: IF YOU SEEK MY MONUMENT, LOOK AROUND YOU.
This is juxtaposed with Bruce's speech that man is still good, and that everyone should stick together, signaling the Justice League's necessity to assemble, and for mankind to cooperate.
>>
>>67637753
Yeah I think Civil War has the potential to be as shit as BvS.

But BvS has some really interesting questions, which if handled properly would be really interesting. Like the whole musings about the nature of "ubermensch" and his moral responsibility to the people could be interesting, if it wouldn't be handled by someone who has the same level of understanding of Nietzsche as edgy 16 year old fedoralord.

This movie should be at least 2-3 movies. One about dark and gritty Batman, about a obviously crazy rich guy killing and beating up poor people, because of mommy issues.

And Death of Superman, withreally introspective meditative tone of asking the nature of humans, our role in the universe and good incorporation of nietzscheainic ideas into the story.
>>
>Take a bucket of piss and call it Granny's Peach Tea. Take a weapon of assasination and call it deterrence, you won't fool me.

That piss is Lex mocking her, and she realizes that he actually took her words literally, and he plans to bomb the place as a "method of deterrence" to turn everyone against Superman. The scene is edited masterfully, more tense than anything Nolan could've imagined in a fever dream. There's this quick cut to Luthor's empty seat, the Senator's terrified face as she realizes what's unfolding, and finally Superman sensing something is wrong but not being able to react quick enough,

It's great because if you've been paying attention you realize there's a bomb at the same time as the Senator does. Hitchcock tension 101, bomb under the dining room table.
>>
>>67638020
Of course you liked it. it's exactly like Trump.
It's loud, looks good, and sounds good, until you really start to think about what all that you just saw meant.
>>
>>67637904
Have you see it? The reviews are a pile of bullshit it was better than MoS and the majority of marvel movies.
>>
I don't trust the critics, this movie was just as good as most Marvel movies
>>
>>67636833
BvS was great, but you sound like a tool, m9
>>
>(1) Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
The bell has been rung, the Lovecraftian horrors from space now know about Earth and they are ringing our doorbell.
>(2) How did Lex have the logos of the supposed metahumans
He made them himself, he's an egomaniac with lust for power. He wants to control every aspect if someone or something threatens him. He even gave them names already, their files are named WW_alpha, FL_alpha, CY_alpha, AQ_alpha.
>(3) was wonder woman even necessary
Yes, in the scene where she is introduced notice how her dress has an exposed back. The first time she sees Bruce is from behind her shoulder. This means that they ultimately will have to watch each others' backs. She's been hiding for a century, but now it's completely necessary for her to step up and fraternize (this is a recurring theme in the movie) in order to vanquish these new evils that are sprouting. In the end Lex and Doomsday (the embodiment of Lex and the world's hatred for Superman) proves to be such a large threat that she's forced to return to the world.
>(4) Do YOU think the movie needed to be as long as it is
Yes, it took its time to develop all the characters so the climax had more emotional impact.
>>
>Only smart people understand it!
If you're truly "smart" you'd see BvS for the sophomoric garbage it is instead of praising it because it has themes as deep and explored as a puddle.
Snyder literally just remade Watchmen into a shittier film, and that Watchmen movie he did was garbage also.
>>
Why is Batman a muslim?
>>
>>67638177
>it's loud, looks good and sounds good
Literally every marvel movie.

>>67638232
>the Lovecraftian horrors from space now know about Earth and they are ringing our doorbell.
The ones we may never see as dumb as fuck critics are panning his movie and producers will play it safe here on it..
>>
>>67638470
Watchmen was literally a 9/10
Sounds like like you've got some growing up to do, kid
>>
>>67636790
>mmmm, awww, this shit tastes SO good! More please!
>>
>>67638470
If BvS is as deep as a puddle, how deep is a marvel film, an atom?
>>
File: descent and pietá.jpg (279 KB, 1372x1221) Image search: [Google]
descent and pietá.jpg
279 KB, 1372x1221
>>67638125
PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR
>>
>>67638585
I understood that reference. Snyder is truly a brilliant and gifted visionary.
>>
>>67636790
I'm surprised I liked it as much as I did, given how shitty MoS was. Yes, it's ridden with plotholes, and too much is crammed in, but I somehow didn't mind. A shaky, but promising foundation, looking forward to The Flash.
Interestingly enough, the parts that are universally praised (Gadot and Batfleck) didn't do much to me.
>>
File: man vs man.jpg (153 KB, 1482x1331) Image search: [Google]
man vs man.jpg
153 KB, 1482x1331
>>
Marvel movies have destroyed any attempt at unique narratives in superhero movies. Wanna be creative with your capeshit? Fuck off.
>>
I stepped out of the theater after watching Batman v Superman Dawn of Justiceâ„¢ and literally fell to my knees and thrust my arms into the air.

"SNYDER!!!!" I cried.

I cried so much for the first time in my life.

I went in to the movies jaded and cynical after reading all the /tv/ posts about how much Snyder was a hack, Man of Murder, Stop my invincible son and expected absolute trash from the movie. But I was wrong. So wrong.

I couldn't believe the masterpiece I had just witnessed. I felt like throughout the entire film Snyder himself was speaking to me, through Metropolis and Gotham, his love and dedication was there. He assured me that a new era of cape movies has arrived, a new era to save us from these lackluster regurgitated capeshit movies we are accustomed to.

During the battle with Doomsday, the people around me were so enthralled and were convulsing and speaking in tongues, their spit and tears flying everywere, some landing on me, but I didn't care. I was already in full spasm from the orgasmic capekinography I was seeing.

As the movie ended, everyone in the cinema cried. Like wailing and sorrowful crying. Nobody said a word but everyone in there had the same feeling. "Forgive us Snyder for we do not know what we have done"

In all seriousness this is a solid 12/10.

I'm still wiping my tears as I try to relive that moment, I'm afraid I will never experience this exhilarating joy and sadness ever again in my life.

Thank you Snyder... Thank you...
>>
>>67638822
I'd have liked some creativity but got BvS instead
>>
File: 1457558431863.jpg (8 KB, 238x279) Image search: [Google]
1457558431863.jpg
8 KB, 238x279
>>67638846
>still doesn't get it
>>
>>67636790
Impossible, capeshit can't be amazing
>>
>>67638071
>>67638100
>>67638125
>>67638159
>>67638232
Master Snyder, tragically you came to us too soon, too soon.
>>
File: dc.jpg (224 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
dc.jpg
224 KB, 830x974
>>67637831
>>
>>67638583
>if you're shitting on DC that means you must like Marvel!
When will you insecure neckbeards learn that just because someone dislikes one series that has no bearing on their taste in another?
The real answer is Marvel films have no depth.
>>
>>67638071
>this post is ignored
>>
i fucking loved this movie. like, really, it's probably the best superhero movie ever IMO.

i don't know why critics are so pissed off about it, marvel must be paying them or something
>>
>>67639123
If Marvel films have no depth then that means DC films do. Why were you even arguing then?
>>
>>67636790
>>67639381
I'll tell you why BvS is "awful" for some people - it actually strives to reach the same level of creativity as the comic books. Some of the action in the movie is unimaginably well done, some of it is not - that is the main downside of actually trying to transcend pleb action (the kind we've seen so many times in Nolan's dull trilogy). Snyder sets the bar so high he sometimes cannot reach it himself, so of course that productions that are about anything but that drive have it easier, since they do not try hard enough to begin with. Also, that limitation allows for a deeper exploration of micro-plots and psychological meandering, which appeals to high-schoolers and college students who act like jellyfishes in order not to break a bone by being too exuberant. Batman v Superman failed because it actually TRIED, but for the same reason, it also succeeded.

This is the second Superhero movie I rate higher than 5/10 after Spider-Man 2. I sure hope that it does well at the box-office because the world needs more directors like Snyder.
>>
>>67639415
Is this the hottest new pasta
>>
>>67639441
no
>>
>>67639453
But I read it in so many threads now
>>
>"Like a movie from the world of Watchmen: cold, cruel, borderline incoherent in its testosterone-fueled rage, misogynist, paternalistic... fascist, even."
>MaryAnn Johanson, Flick Filosopher

i'm literally LMAOing right now
>>
>>67639471
I'm trying to get a point across
>>
File: batman-vs-superman-ew-pics-5.jpg (536 KB, 2460x1637) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman-ew-pics-5.jpg
536 KB, 2460x1637
So anyone know the name of this painting?
>>
>>67636790
My wife's son is going to see this with her boyfriend. Should I spoil the ending for them?
>>
>>67637403
You could have done better with Photoshop there buddy.
>>
>>67639383
>If Marvel films have no depth then that means DC films do
Where did you pull this retarded idea from?
Anyway
BvS has "depth" because it throws these retarded ideas right in your face without fully communicating them or exploring them. They're ideas for the audience to chew on but they ultimately don't have much merit because its fucking capeshit. Its all ideas built on fantasy land garbage.
>>
Why do you keep making threads about this movie?
>>
File: 14593534886110 - Copy.jpg (667 KB, 1552x2256) Image search: [Google]
14593534886110 - Copy.jpg
667 KB, 1552x2256
>>67639768
Done. Still looking for source.
>>
What was the point of the whole subplot about Wonder Woman's photograph and Lex's meta-human research?

Did it have anything to do with the Superman controversy or Batman hating Superman?
>>
>>67639801
Are you new or something? Have you never been on /tv/ when a largely anticipated movie came out?
>>
>>67639782
No, you think it has these retarded shallow ideas that are supposed to look smart and deep because some reviewers have memed their way into your head or you just simply didn't notice the depth it had. I know it's fun to hate with the herd, but maybe you should reflect more before? I recommend you to actually read this thread in its entirety to appreciate it.
>>
>>67636833
first post best post baby
>>
>>67639852
I've been part of this art board long before you turned it into a sfw /b/
I'm asking OP why HE keeps making threads not everyone else
>>
>>67639831
it's an extension of lex's desire for knowledge and power
>>
File: wRCYtdO.jpg (39 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
wRCYtdO.jpg
39 KB, 320x320
>>67638177
fuck off, berniefag
>>
>>67639934
how do you know that it's OP making all these threads
>>
>>67639994
It isn't worth $20 bucks or a 4chan pass
>>
>>67640099
???
>>
>>67636790
Congratulations, you just worked out Disney runs the media...
>>
>>67639934
So, you think it's just one person making all these threads?

Shit, you really are new.
>>
>>67639945
So, it wasn't actually relevant. It was just there to develop Lex's non-existent character.
>>
>>67639902
No, I think you need to reflect on the movie and maybe read some actual literature before you gobble Snyder's cock some more for taking pop culture icons and throwing in other people's shitty sophomoric ramblings on what people running around in tights beating up aliens would mean if it were real. I understand this is /tv/ and you feel the need to shitpost against "popular" opinions, but you're still fucking retarded for buying into capekino shitposting unironically.
Snyder and the shit he pulls all of the scenes in the movie from are attempting to look smart and deep but it all falls flat when he cannot communicate these ideas properly and the entire premise of these ideas is fucking nonsense.
Or are you trying to assert that Snyder wanted to make another simple action film in the first place? because that clearly wasn't his intention.
>>67639831
Wonder Woman's there to set up pretext for the Justice League film, same as Lex's metahuman research. It ties back to Lex's hatred of superman and his fears of the other metahumans and how they will destroy the world/trigger his atheist complex.
>>
>>67640221
Why are you pretending to be dumb?
>>
I wouldnt use Amazing, but it's not as bad as the critics or cynics are saying.
>>
>>67640341
Why are you pretending you're not new?
>>
>>67640675
But I'm not
I've explained myself yet you're playing dumb. Are you the OP?
>>
>>67639934
Are you the same guy that accused me of making all the threads about this movie yesterday?

Because I'm not the OP of this thread
>>
>>67637312
What? GTFO, critic
>>
>>67638671
>the wayne's were walking out of a theater showing excalibur
>>
File: 1459355544379.jpg (608 KB, 2560x1201) Image search: [Google]
1459355544379.jpg
608 KB, 2560x1201
>>67636790
I wasn't a fan of how bloodthirsty and murderous Batman was,

I love the way he has a couple of fucking Kriss Vector .45 cal sub machine guns, hanging on the wall of the batcave.

That being said I actually kinda liked Gunman vs. Murderman: Dawn of Murder.

And I'm the biggest DC fan I know, it felt memorable and refreshing after all the marvel shit and the abomination that is age of ultron.
>>
>>67639603
No, it's based on Paradise Lost though. Most likely an original in order to make the parademons similar to Darkseid's.
>>
Of course /tv/ loves it, it got extremely bad reviews. If it had gotten glowing reviews /tv/ would hate it.
Contrarian faggots.
>>
>>67640254
lex had plenty of character and plenty of scenes where the audience showing what he does and how he is, we get various musings on his perspectives until we get to the tower scene where we understand the core of lex luthor
power batman superman luthor have different forms of power and the movie revolves around their struggle for power
superman has power and wants to do good
batman has a form of power while feeling powerless and has lost the way, he resumes the path
luthor has power and is also made to feel powerless by superman. he resolves to not only destroy him physically but bring him down. he exerts power over superman
>>
>>67636833
It's true, yet so sad.

May Capekino live on through those that can appreciate it.
>>
Is not bad movie just forgettable, i had some yawns going watching it.
>>
>>67636833
> Muh superior intellect
K
>>
>>67637679
Being better than a marvel movie doesn't automatically make it good. it's barely any better
>>
>>67637988
>What's bad about Doomsday? He is a bit ugly but he's supposed to be. He is strong, grows stronger, causes destruction, etc.. just like he's supposed to.
Except he's not doomsday. It's some kind of abomination with weird powers that the real doomsday doesn't have. It doesn't even look like him
>The score
A bit underwhelming imo but nothing wrong n o
>Batman kills
Throughout 50 years, there are very very few examples of Batman who kills. There are yes, but not even close to the level seen in this movie
> the characters were all well established
Except they aren't. Superman is bland as fuck, Wonder woman has zero personality, Luthor is le edgy acting guy. There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding of what those characters are about.
>The actors are all A grade actors, and they got good roles
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>67642394
Except /tv/ is split into two. Those who hate it and those who liked it. the fuck do you think this thread is about? Stop spouting utter nonsense, just to sound edgy
>>
>It's a "Let's pretend this steaming heap of shit movie was good to spite Marvel fans" thread
BEST MEME 2O16
>>
>>67642394
>Of course /tv/ loves it, it got extremely bad reviews
It isn't /tv/
Almost all the people praising it are /v/ posters laughed out of /co/ for being casuals and looking for memes to spam on twitter
>>
File: ww_native.jpg (123 KB, 463x444) Image search: [Google]
ww_native.jpg
123 KB, 463x444
the best part:
>>
>>67636833
first post baby post >>67639916 that's how we do it on 4chan redditor
>>
>>67642780
The original Batman killed. He even shot people.
>>
>>67636869
Holy shit, damage control, the click bait article. top kek
>>
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
>>67642780
doomsday is a further development in lex's faustian theme and also the culmination of the logic of the movie itself, the doubt of superman, the doubt of good, the use of power itself
this batman is a batman who is lost and is dead inside, superman gives him new life
the audience is meant to go on a cynical ride through the movie actually believing in superman by the end of it
>>
>>67638071
The sad part is these scenes have been totally misunderstood by the general audience.
>>
>>67636869

>B-b-but it's not "fun"

Opinion disregarded
>>
>>67643085
Stop trying to make more out of this movie than it actually is. None of that bullshit is true and you know it. Doomsday is a tool used by shitty lex, nothing more. Batman is hardly lost and dead and superman certainly doesn't give him new life.
People defending it as some sort of art-house masterpiece are fucking retarded
>>
>>67643085
What you're trying to do is confuse the typical pleb movie goer with difficult themes and words, trying to establish this movie as some artsy fartsy superintellectual movie. If you're a troll: Just stop it, it just looks and sounds silly. You're not fooling anyone.
If you actually believe your own bullshit: Kill yourself
>>
The minute I saw the opening scene, with young Bruce, outside a cinema showing "Excalibur", aka "Le Morte d'Arthur", I knew this was going to be something interesting.

"Mordred stabs Arthur with a spear but Arthur further impales himself to get closer and kills Mordred with Excalibur."
>>
>>67643121
Well Snyder wasn't that smart of a guy to put such complex material that required such a high degree of interpretation into a movie based off comic books for children
>>
>>67643085
>doomsday is a further development in lex's faustian theme and also the culmination of the logic of the movie itself
That's exactly right. Think about how Doomsday was created. He's a mixture of human and Kryptonina blood. It's a real abomination in our physical world. But it also underlines the fears of Bruce and Lex of what Superman could become if he makes the wrong choice. A kryptonina monster ultimately created by human society. When superman drives the spear through Doomsday he makes his choice, and affirms his place among the humanity.

Thank you Snyder.

Alas
>>
>>67643266

>I didn't think of it first therefore it is wrong!
>>
>>67643195
>>67643266
those were my spontaneous thoughts while watching the movie
i'm not defending at all, i could also say that even towards the end of the batman superman fight everything starts turning into pure plot points
the spear to me seemed to be a pure plot point
the monster itself to me was a pure plot point
other than that i have no doubts about my reading on batman's character, 'i've failed him in life, i won't fail him in death'
also in regards to the movie which even overtly asks if there must be a superman

i'm not trying to establish this movie as anything, i'm simply relaying what i saw. i make no claims about the value of the movie
>>
>>67643321
It's poetic, He was aware the people would crucify him, and he still did it. He's so intent on emphasizing the Christ figure that he himself became one.
>>
>>67643266
>>67643195
How cam men persevere in fact of such plebitude?
>>
File: 1360481858387.png (20 KB, 497x389) Image search: [Google]
1360481858387.png
20 KB, 497x389
>>67643085
The problem with Doomsday is half the fucking reason Lex hates Superman is because he represents a limitation of mankind. LEX HIMSELF wants to beat Superman because he wants to prove that man can still be better than even the most godly alien.

Lex creating a godly alien to do his dirty work, therefore, is fucking stupid. Him hopping into a mech suit, as fucking retarded as it is, would have made more sense for his character.

But nope, we get le crazy smart man.
>>
>>67643460
They're enslaved by their FALSE GODS and worship them in shrines of lie.
>>
>>67643348
the scene itself tells us that it is an abomination
it's also about power, again, lex just wants power and creates a thing that can destroy everything

my instantaneous reaction were thoughts along the lines of a blood ritual where someone offers their own blood as well as flesh as an offering
>>
>>67643445
Bravo Snyder
>>
>>67643348
>>67643292
>>67643445
>>67643439
>All these idiot actually thinking this movie goes so deep
Hahahaha holy shit you people are retarded
>>
>>67643483
no it wouldn't have
lex doesn't care about physical power but power in the purest sense, hence the faustian connection
whereas batman and superman enact power physically, lex enacts power mentally
>>
>>67643530
DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER
He's performing blood sacrifices in a pagan temple. And he finally summons a diety in the form of the being seen in the Communion deleted scene. Note how being submerged in water implies baptism. He's being baptized alright, but in murky impure water.
On the other hand Lois and Clark get baptized while retrieving the spear in clear water because they offer their lives as sacrifice to save each other.
>>
>>67643559
again, i'm not defending the movie at all
this shit is in the movie
i'm not saying it's a masterpiece
i'm not saying you should like it
i'm not saying anyone is anything for because of whatever stance they hold on the movie

i'm simply relaying what i saw
>>
>>67637312
didnt get it fag
>>
>>67643559
weak bait mate you are just repeating the same shit
>>
>>67643559
>Released on Good Friday.
Snyder knew perfectly well what he was doing.
>>
>>67643530
Well Doomsday is Plan B. He was hoping Batman or Superman will kill one another, proving him right and bringing Superman down to our level. Doomsday is an attempt to show the world what Superman could become, he is a twisted corruption of humanity and Krypton. He is a "Devil" to his Superman's "Angel," and the last thing he can do kill Superman.

>>67643605
Still can't believe they removed that scene.
>>
"Amazing", no.
But I can't believe that it's RT score is what it is when things like both Thor movies are Fresh
>>
>>67636790
Wow, DC shills are at it again.
>>
This movie just went above peoples heads, truly one of the greatest cinema achievments of all time
>>
>>67643605
since we're on the same wavelength
i'm starting to see more people see the faustian side of things

i saw in on monday and only saw mentions of promethean fire mentioned in /co/ a little while ago

it's funny to me considering all the shit i heard about the movie before and during the weekend only to see it for myself and see these connections that i hadn't seen mentioned at all
granted, the only reason i picked up what i picked up in the movie is because of my own interests along with my growing interest in religion the past year
>>
File: batman.jpg (11 KB, 369x299) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
11 KB, 369x299
Looks like the critics were wrong and the audience loved it.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/batman-v-supermans-tuesday-numbers-breaks-another-march-record
>>
>>67636790
>>67643702
>>67643669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>67642999
And the original Superman couldn't fly.
>>
How can people possibly say Snyder is any form of intelligent after watching interviews of him?
It's 100% clear he started directing for the money + fame and just does what executives want
>>
>>67643669
Does this just show how massively overrated most capeshit has been?

I've yet to really hear what people liked about bvs, but I've heard plenty of what people didn't like, and none of it is criticism that couldn't be thrown at most capeshit.
>>
>critics are wrong because fanboys will enjoy anything that has a cape in it
>>
>>67643645
i'm down with that too
i don't quite remember the timeline of when he started the doomsday process in relation to everything else though, which has me still wondering
>>
Excalibur
Le Morte d'Arthur (The Death of Arthur)
The Death of Superman
>>
>all this argument over a capeshit move that's no better than any other generic capeshit

>B-BUT MUH REFINED CAPESHIT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PRISTINE GENRE
>>
>>67642289
They are Alfred's and Red Hoods
>>
>>67643764
i'm the anon here talking about blood and faust and am really intrigued by this
every single thing they saw it's shit for is shit they can say about anything else

walking out of the theater i was confused about the shit its getting, to me it seemed like it would weird people out more than anything also maybe rely on you following everything closely to be able to piece it together ie dense but i didn't think people would be paying attention to those details anyway
>>
Why the fuck revive supes right away?

Is going like the comics with fakes, clones etc in the aftermath too comic? Not 'gritty realism' they want to present? I enjoyed this but fuck as you watch you notice you're missing so fucking much.

This batman isn't nolan's and has been established for 20+ years. Then there's the other problems of where the fuck are all the usual heroes and villains that should have been running around during MoS. Bat makes reference to shit going on for a while.

Comic movies and continuity issues make my head hurt but I just can't take them all at face value.
>>
>>67643766
It's weird how there are tons more pro-BvS anons posting when high schoolers typically get out on the east coast
>>
File: 1445715399594.jpg (28 KB, 448x468) Image search: [Google]
1445715399594.jpg
28 KB, 448x468
>>67636790
Is "BvS is good and critics just didn't understand it" the new "the prequels were good and people just didn't understand it?"
>>
>>67643928
bruce addresses what i think he sees as crime itself

something along the lines of weeds that keep coming up, he's doubtful of the efficacy of batman, he straight up says he didn't accomplish anything and taking down superman can be his legacy
>>
DUDE YOU DIDN'T GET IT LMAO
>>
>>67643717
Well, I think that the baptism is also implied in the tub scene between Clark and Lois. But in this moment in time they aren't being truly honest with each other. Note how when Clark arrives Lois rushes to hide the diary's bullet. Still this scene shows intimacy because Clark removes his glasses, but they aren't cleansed because they are riddled with doubt about their relationship.
>I don't know if it's possible for you to be you and still love me. (something along these lines).

Clark gives her a rose as a promise of faithfulness, and he keeps that promise when he hears her drowning and rushes to save her, even when the faith of the world is at peril. Still, if he hadn't rushed in to save her, he wouldn't have been able to retrieve the spear, the only thing capable of destroying evil. So the baptism is truly performed then.
>>
>>67644154
>rushes to save her, even when the faith of the world is at peril.

>This is my world. You're my world.
>>
>>67638012

Noooooo NOT MUH SOOPERMAAAAAN WAAAAAA
>>
>>67644154
>>67643928
You know what annoys me the most? I don't care if people dislike the movie and think it's shit, the the people who think that "Martha" is a coincidence that stops Bruce from killing Clarke gets to me. It's like completely missing the point of the entire movie.
>>
>>67637560
>it's more I'm 16 and I'm an intellectual tier shit, than any actual serious questions
you must be 16 yourself if you expected anything else from capeshit
>>
File: 1458783835807.png (42 KB, 627x218) Image search: [Google]
1458783835807.png
42 KB, 627x218
>>67636790
>This movie was amazing.

I agree that people are giving it too much flak, but i'm not sure AMAZING is the proper description for it. It's pretty good though. Maybe even great. Kinda like the antithesis of SW VII: It breaks a lot of conventions and takes a lot of risks instead of relying on public appeal. The risks are not always warranted and it does have some flaws (Lex's character is played by a "I LOVED THE JOKER IN TDK, SO I'LL JUST REPLICATE HIM" kind of guy, and while it's entertaining to see, it feels too uncanny and cringy).

I genuinely enjoyed it more thatn episode VII, though i believe VIII will blow it away if handled properly.
>>
>>67644238
capeshit was able to turn the script upside down for everyone buddy
>>
>>67644022

It's entertaining. But there are holes, holes fucking everywhere if you start to use information from comics or your own head and ask questions about how and why things do or don't fit.

I think the marvel approach works better here, establish multiple characters, show that there's all this variation in the world, then get them together. We've had MoS and that's it. Which didn't address the other heroes or crime/bad guys that should exist (because of this fucking movie) in this shared DC universe.

If MoS was a once off supes kills civvies because the fights are so large scale then has to deal with it, it could have been very interesting. That even if he's saving the majority from zod, many will still die as collateral. This is something not properly addressed in BvS anyway.

The set up and expansion from standalone 'only Supes and villain exist' to 'it's a proper DC universe, teams/crossovers and all' is what is bad about this movie.
>>
>>67644203
Most just are looking for new dank memes, and DC never disappoints in that department.
>>
>>67637679
>Shilling this fucking bad
Holy shit I've seen some bad ones on the board but this guy really sucks.
>>
>>67644154
again i'm with you, it was so fucking weird the extent to which the literal blended with the symbolic
it was also strange to me that the little bits of purity of clark at the beginning were enough for me to invest emotionally
>>67644203
don't know if you're the same guy but i'm with you
the movie seemed to me to be a surrealist fantasy that played it straight with ideas of morality while still blending the ascension not only of bruce but i suspect of the audience as well. i think the si monumentum requiris circumspice reference is meant to be taken literally by the audience
after i saw the movie i was having retrospective thoughts on my own life. very weird
>>
>>67644635
>Is she with you?
>I thought she was with you
>>
File: comfy.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
803 KB, 1100x700
>>67636790

I don't know. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I really enjoyed it. The third act was a little meh, and I didn't like Doomsday or the final battle for the most part.

Overall I give it a strong 7/10. Probably mostly for Batfleck and the more serious nature than I've come used to watching Marvel's capeshit.
>>
>>67644635
Was BvS the first movie you've ever seen in your life?
>>
>>67639587
sure you are, pastaman.
>>
>>67639603
thumbnail seriously looks like he got no pants on.
>>
I loved it, despite disliking Man of Steel and superhero films in general. I saw it as a quite subversive take on Superman's history, and how that reflects changing attitudes to religion and morality in society.

Three lines really stood out to me: Clark's boss saying "this isn't 1938" (the year Superman debuted), Superman saying "My world doesn't exist anymore", and Lex's speech about God not answering his prayers when he was beaten by his father.

The theme seemed to be that a hero and messia-like figure like Superman wouldn't fit in today's world, some see him as a saviour but there's too much cynicism and wariness for most to accept him. It seemed to be ambiguous about whether Superman is the wrong hero for today or if it's the fault of society for being too hubristic and cynical, which I found very clever. The courtroom scene illustrated it perfectly: thinking a god is subservient to civil laws.

The world-weary Batman who's given up on principles like no killing is the hero who fits in today's world. He has a nihilistic outlook, even saying his own work is ultimately pointless (pull up a weed and another grows in its place), and of course being totally skeptical of a god-like figure. But he's not just a cynical asshole, he's got good reasons for his views because Superman is potentially very dangerous, despite pure intentions (like the religion and morals he represents).

I was totally surprised by how ambitious the movie is. Of course, with the fantasy and fight scenes, it's still a genre movie. But it's an intelligently made genre movie.
>>
>>67644924
no. the point is that i wasn't expecting that
>>
>>67636876
i liked the film but goddamn this post better be bait
>>
>>67637403
lol there's you can see a tiny gap where he shopped it.
>>
>>67636790
Shut up, you uncultured swine.
>>
>>67643085
Damn, you just reminded me of all the greek mythos imagery and themes of power.

A really big theme (that Luthor states outright) is the old triple point that God can't be all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving at the same time. Those three are what the movie is about. Luthor has a wealth of knowledge (his event that Clark, Bruce, and Diana attend is about him supporting a library). We discover that he thinks knowledge without power is a tragedy. He also thinks an all-powerful being like Superman simply can't be good, because then he'd use his power to save everyone not just a few people. He wants to be a promethean figure and defy the gods, by stealing their knowledge.

Wonder Woman isn't developed as much of course, but being apparently immortal and being off the scene for 100 years, I saw her as another God figure, a more archaic one based in Greek myth rather than Christianity. I think that's a hint that the symbolism isn't just "Superman = Jesus" but that the god-like characters are an attempt to represent religion as a whole, which I mentioned here >>67645218
>>
>>67645596
it isn't
>>
>>67645558
So second movie? Maybe third?
Movies sure can throw you a curveball!
>>
File: image.png (174 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 750x1334
>>67645638
You're lying or retarded
>>
>>67645218
Can I ask which other superhero movies you enjoyed?
>>
>>67636790
I know right?
10/10 I loved it.
Saw Deadpool right after, gave it a 7.
>>
>>67638071
dayum
>>
>>67645702
Exactly, and Snyder doesn't use only religion and mythology to make his point. He also compares the characters' struggles to pop culture icons like Ahab, Zorro, King Arthur, JFK, and weaves a picture of our history as man and how we've been constantly struggling against cynicism and hate, and the solution he proposes is cooperation and fraternity (assembling the Justice League).
The movie could be called Man v Man.
>>
It's better than MoS, and SS will be better than BvS. The future looks promising, but I hope they boot the Snyder after this one.
>>
>>67645639
lol basically the response idiots give for disliking the movie.
'You have no culture, your an idiot'
This was actually the best superhero movie I've ever seen, the rest mostly pander to fan-boys and children, and receive amazing praise from actual uncultured morons like yourself.
>>
>>67645702
I agree with you 100%. Unlike nearly every other DC and Marvel movie they didn't just pander to children and fanboy expectations, and got ripped to shreds by reviewers because of it.
>>
what was trumps thoughts on this kino?
>>
Why did patrician sites call it trash too?
>>
The only capeshit I enjoyed was MoS, BvS and Winter Solider.

Everything else seems to be really weak in compariosn.

Does anyone share my view?
>>
>>67636876
>Literally no self-awareness the post
>>
>>67646083
examples?
>>
>>67646139
Thats because you don't know a thing about film
These are the only high cinema IQ approve superhero movies
1. Danger: Diabolik (1968, Bava)
2. Hulk (2003, Lee)
3. Punch-Drunk Love (2002, Anderson)
4. Superman (1948, Bennet/Carr)
5. Flash Gordon (1936, Hill/Taylor/stephani)
6. Unbreakable (2000, Shyamalan)
7. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance (1972, Misumi)
8. The Incredibles (2004, Bird)
>>
>>67646139
I am 39 with 3 kids, a degree in history and I agree with you 100%.
>>
>>67646205
WHAT ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE BULK?
>>
>>67646187
>Literally
That's a 4 syllable word for any thought too big for little minds.
>>
>>67645966
There is no such thing as a good superhero movie, you sad capeshit fanboy
>>
>>67645891
I saw it as more ambiguous, that cynicism and hate cause a lot of grief, but that religion has the potential to be very dangerous as well (like Superman). The message I got was that the struggle between the two is an ongoing one, and we should find the right balance (through co-operation) rather than choose one over the other.

Rather than being depressing I found this realistic take much more uplifting than straightforward heroism. I mean, BvS isn't groundbreaking but it's clever enough to rise above being a simple action film.

>>67645825
I honestly can't think of any. I mean, Avengers was fun, but it left no impression on me except being blandly entertaining. Haven't seen Winter Soldier before you ask.
>>
>>67646201
RYM, mubi, SAC, /film/
>>
>>67646248
I see what you did there.
>>
>>67646139
add Raimi's Spiderman trilogy to that list and I agree with you
>>
DCucks in full damage control mode top kek

>U GUISE ARE 2 DUMB TO GET THE MOVIE XD
>THE STORY IS 2 DEOO 4 U MARVEL FAGS!

Meanwhile reality is setting in...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/#59385706d72c
>>
>>67639824
>Darkseid will come from the sky
>Superman will resurect and rise from his grave(ground)

KINO
I
N
O
>>
You have been visited by the Good Hollywood Actor. You will be blessed with deep, stunning performances, but only if you comment: "PERDON BEN"
>>
>>67646270
lel I know your type, the pathetic insecure type of people that constantly need to reassure themselves of their intellectual superiority. So sad.
>>
>>67646205
/tv/
>>67646139
>>67646332
neo-nu/tv/
>>
Summarize

>X: what's your position on the movie Batman Vs Superman?
>Y: A critic...wait....Do you have any good argument?...or just talk non-sense?
>X: The movie is a big CGI mess....it sucks big time
>Y: Don't belive everything you hear,son.
>X: I've seen it Mr.Wayne it has no plot at all.
>Y: People criticizing the movie,saying it has no plot is ...a little hypocritical,won't you say?
Considering everytime Marvel releases a mediocre to ok movie,with a shallow plot....you write a post...about a film full.. of plotholes,poor character development,inconsistencies.
But those damn things,they seem to overlook them.
>X: Most of the world does not share your opinion Mr.Wayne
>Y: Maybe it's the brain in me...that prevents me from being a sheep that follows the opinion of a bunch of clowns.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 988x1047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 988x1047
>>67646308
>RYM
>patrician
>>
>>67646229
Thanks. I'll probably try to start a thread for this later.

But in comparison, all other recent capeshit movie seem so soulless. There simply is no stakes or depth in those movies. They may be fun, but they have the plot and structure of a typical cartoon. I just see no reason to ever rewatch those movies.

BvS, MoS and WS are the only movies where I feel I can actually miss something important to the story. Where the conflict is actually believable and engaging.

>>67646332
Yea, sure, I was just thinking of recent movies and the trend Marvel started in the last few years. Maybe Ironman is worthwhile too, but don't really remember anything from it.
>>
>>67646357
tee hee, forbes.
>>
>>67645702
i think lex is the one character who makes direct references throughout the movie, most of all referring to prometheus
quick aside, this really got to me, the fact that everyone was shitting on the movie over the weekend, shitting on lex, yet it seems absolutely NO ONE ever started mentioning these themes until today, i had only seen bvs monday night and frankly i guess shouldn't be surprised anymore
anway i think also lex is tied through power, superman is a jesus figure, or an arthurian figure, and i guess batman is lancelot or someshit, some other person in another thread made a connection to excalibur, something which i noticed at the beginning but knew i wouldn't fully grasp because i haven't seen it in a long time. wonder woman is a combination of batman and superman's relationship to power ie she's the most directly effective in the fight with doomsday
>>67645891
at the end of the movie we're left with the heroes, led by batman to convive in the holy spirit, i think the audience is invited as well
>>
>>67646410
>I don't like sources and prefer to stick my fingers in my while singing "lalalala can't hear you!"

neat
>>
>>67646387
It'll drop once the year goes on like everything else plebs like you rate highly everytime
No need to worry, touris
>>
[name of movie] that critics generally [panned/praised] was actually [expletive] [amazing/terrible]!

forever until we are all dead
>>
>>67646387
they also think that Inside Out was the best film of 2015
>>
>>67646459
Even if the rating drops 0.30 points it will still be too high

RYM's overall taste is awful, the site is only good for droning certain users like AntiWarhol and Zizekian
>>
>>67646458
Oh I'm not questioning the figures, people idiotically listen to reviewers which deterred people from going after it was released, that's all that is.
>>
>>67646579
>like AntiWarhol and Zizekian
I can't stop laughing
Do you actually believe this?
>>
>>67643926
I agree, but like I said before, I've not heard anyone be able to articulate what is good about it.

The exception to that is probably you, but desu I think your probably reading too much in to it (and frankly you can always do that with any film - I seen people do it with transformers films). Even if you're not (and let's just agree to disagree), I've still not heard anyone say anything good about the usual stuff people say they like about films (acting, script etc). All anyone here points to is his much money it's taken. I'm confused by this more than anything, I've never seen such a weird reaction to a film.
>>
>>67646624
well yeah
>>
Kek, just realized that Bats slamming Supes with the kitchen sink is supposed to mean that he's slamming the slab of the 10 commandments on his head. In order to become a monster, he has to get rid of his code, and the message is that men can commit horrible crimes (as the fight progresses, his mask is destroyed and his true face is revealed, just a man commiting terrible deeds).
This is mirrored in the fight with Doomsday, when they're standing beside Supes' monument, Doomsday picks up a slab with the names of the people that died on the world engine incident, and again slams it over his head, representing the guilt Superman feels for what happened that day. By confronting his demons face to face, Superman is able to overcome the grief and guilt.
>>
>>67646646
yeah of course, that's part of the reason i'm posting about it. i was so shocked that i got things, some explicitly stated in the movie, and that none of it was being addressed anywhere. it's fucking weird. as i've been reiterating everywhere else, i'm not saying anyone has to think of it a certain way but the movie does not deserve the hyperbolic shitflinging response it's getting
it's just so fucking weird
and back to the movie, i'm the type of person who would notice that shit anyway, i mean goddamn i've tripped with a friend while talking about similar things in the past, it's why i never make the claim that it's a good or bad movie, only that there are things present that i saw therein. what a movie is, the use of moving images and sound is something i feel nowhere near qualified to talk about
>>
>>67646768
2kino4me
>>
>>67646950
Can you find a way to compile your shit into one place? Like a pastebin or something?
>>
File: civilwar1.jpg (456 KB, 1000x699) Image search: [Google]
civilwar1.jpg
456 KB, 1000x699
could have used more jokes.
>>
>>67647035
You play videogames
Those movies are made for people with double digits IQs like you
>>
>>67647017
Not that guy, but I've been saving the posts with the best analysis, I was planning on writing an essay or some shit and post it here for shitposting purposes. Too much free time man, work is slow right now.
>>
>>67646646
I think there are some excellent posts ITT explaining why people liked it.

I found some of the visuals striking (the pearl necklace, every scene around Wayne Manor) and some of the music was excellent, like the eerie Batman motif. A lot of it was generic blockbuster noise though.

>>67646950
I'm not fussed because I don't feel invested in the industry, but you've got a good point. Reviews seemed to only address the darkness of the film and left out the symbolism, most of which was very explicit, so I'm also confused about critics omitting it.
>>
>>67647074
I was thinking of the same actually. Anyway for you to share those best posts?
>>
>>67637562
I would have chuckled if DC managed to get Stan Lee to cameo in BvS.

Just having him wandering around lost asking "Wait, I think I'm in the wrong place." or something.
>>
>>67647074
Actually, if you can, email me your shit plox.
[email protected]
>>
>>67647298
sure
>>
>>67647017
i've been in /co/ and /tv/. my posts have been mostly matter of fact statements of things i saw in bvs. in what i think is already a pruned or archived thread in this board is a series of posts where some guy addresses the dreams and their importance to the plot with what seemed to me to be a more film informed perspective. i think i've mostly addressed lex and bruce superman power, i may even be the person who's posted the most about power.also superman as being a heartbroken figure who never does a bad thing in the movie
>>67647298
>>67647319
[email protected]
>>
>>67647145
literally shitting away any drama they spent ages creating? no
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.