[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just recently watched this and thought it was decent. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
I just recently watched this and thought it was decent. I don't understand all the hate this movie gets, can anyone explain it?
>>
>>71866101
some people don't like die antwoord.

Other people, like me, love it.
>>
>>71866219
I can see how people wouldn't like them, but I was looking for other valid reasons as to why people don't like this movie.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (38 KB, 357x395) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
38 KB, 357x395
>>71866101
Hugh jackman is a 1 dimensional le bad white guy
>>
>>71866605
Indeed. I like my le bad white guys to be interdimensional, be female, and have aids. Like Zuul.
>>
It was the most autistic cringey piece of garbage people were literally laughing in the theater at how stupid it was
>>
>>71866730
Your outfit that day?
>>
>>71866101

Like I understand what die antwoord is and what they're doing.

But god damn I don't like any of it.
>>
Die Antwoord's schtick died the same year they blew up, everyone was curious to look at the awful trainwreck and then they moved on

The only people still interested in them are hipster losers who are out of touch with reality and don't actually like music

Also I haven't watched this movie :^)
>>
I don't remember a lot of it but I think that was the one where he's literally fucking stolen and we're suppose to be rooting for the criminals for no reason and booing the police?

That's stupid right there if correct.
>>
>>71866605
Wtf haha. I love just seeing random Northern Ireland jokes here.
>>
>>71866914
I don't see how we were supposed to root for the criminals. I thought it was made pretty clear that they were manipulating him for their own benefit. The chick was the only one who seemed to really care for him.
>>
>>71866101
>NOT MUH JOHNNY FIVE
>RREEEEEEEEEEEE
Dunno, maybe this?
Maybe it suffered from being not District 9?
>>
>>71866954
This.
We're rooting for Chappie.
>>
>>71866605
>>71866730
>>71866981
So the only people who don't like this movie are autistic dip shits. Gotcha.
>>
>>71867008
Pretty much yeah.
It was decent, just not great.
>>
The protags were unlikeable cunts and the whole download muh brain into a robot twist was bullshit. Elysium was much better but the d still hasn't surpassed District 9
>>
>>71867283
There was only one protag, chappie.
And the idea of a technological singularity isn't bullshit, it just hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>71867283
>District 9
This is the long and short of it.

People really liked District 9 and were expecting something they would like as much as District 9 from Chappie, but Chappie was borderline a comedy and didn't take itself so seriously and they didn't like it as much as District 9, so instead of thinking of it as a bit mediocre and moving on with their lives people actively hate it.

Sorta like the Matrix sequels and everything made by M. Night Shamalamaman after Sixth Sense.
>>
>>71867513
Well maybe if the directors stopped using the same shtick for their movies we, as an audience, could join the director in moving on.
>>
>>71866101
I've enjoy the movie even on repeated viewings. The biggest issue I had with the movie was the ugly ghetto aesthetic but I understood it helped make the environment seem more real.
The whole transference of human consciousness to robot consciousness was complete traditional movie garbage, but it worked wrapping up the story in the traditional movie shtick way.
It was entertaining as an action comedy but not every movie has to be the greatest.
>>
>>71866889
Their music fucking sucks but I'll be damned if thier music videos aren't a cut above most other artists in the pop landscape, they're eye catching to the extreme
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.